A server with only the railgun in UnFreeZE mode with the possibility of doing rail-jumps

Quick Unregistered Guest forum.
imprecise
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: imprecise

A server with only the railgun in UnFreeZE mode with the possibility of doing rail-jumps

Post by imprecise »

Hi Adminless

Would it be possible for you to make us a server on the same model as UnFreeZe/FreeFun with or without Team knockback but where there would only be the railgun and the gauntlet and where we could do rail-jumps, I tell you admit that I would like it a lot and it would change me a bit from the usual games on UnFreeZe/FreeFun...

I don't know what you think about it or if it's a lot of work, or what other players think about it, will they be interested in this slightly different game mode... I hope it will come true , It would really please me...

Thank you in advance for considering my request Adminless
"My ability to concentrate is so short that ... Oh a butterfly !"
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: A server with only the railgun in UnFreeZE mode with the possibility of doing rail-jumps

Post by adminless »

my previous q3 game was basically just like that so I can tell you from experience that although it looks like "a lot of fun" in the long run ends up begin very boring besides splitting the community/games which is obviously no good either. overall all-weapons settings are much better in almost every possible way (I mean, that's really the way the game is supposed to be played) and rail only settings takes more from the game than it really adds to it (I mean, they literally take everything). proof to that is that by less of this time my previous community based on that was way done already while this one keeps going strong. basically for UnFreeZe I don't see it happening for the reasons I just explained you (it would likely end up ruining things) but probably that could be a good idea/spin for the ctf server where given the situation a all-weapons setting probably for other than q3ctf1 is not even that good.
imprecise
User lv5
User lv5

Re: A server with only the railgun in UnFreeZE mode with the possibility of doing rail-jumps

Post by imprecise »

@Adminless

Thank you for your answer, I hear your arguments, I admit that I don't know or be able to invalidate or confirm your opinion / your analysis on this subject...

Would you agree to cast a vote for this topic?

To know the opinion of other players...
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

you can probably add a poll if you want to your original post (if not just let me know and I'll add it) but it seems pointless since as I'm telling you it's likely to receive quite a few votes but there's really no intention to make happen a rail only ftag game anymore. as said, that would be better suited for the ctf server, I might probably look up for that in the mid term there but UnFreeZe is just clearly fine as it's.
imprecise
User lv5
User lv5

Post by imprecise »

OK I understand, we drop the vote, the subject is closed, thank you for your explanations, I will be satisfied with the existing servers...
fau
User lv4
User lv4

Post by fau »

To be honest on unfreeze servers rail is easily the strongest weapon already and it's very easy to hit so you can just play instagib yourself. Close range, long range - rail is the answer 90% of the time.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

I know, it's probably the top weapon, it's just the way it's, but still there's clearly a lot more to the game than just that. I mean, I believe that there's plenty of players topping this daily that not only rely exclusively on the rail (ex. team UnFreeZe vs WTF, they were clearly if not the top railers, at least better railers than team UnFreeZe but team UnFreeZe was clearly better on the overall weapon/game balance and that reflected accordingly on the scores). those settings were cool just for fun and casually when there was like several thousand players playing Quake III Arena all-around daily not now when the population is more limited and even when this is being played relatively competitively on a regular basis. I mean, that was just how I pulled that off last time.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

adminless wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 20:17 I know, it's probably the top weapon, it's just the way it's, but still there's clearly a lot more to the game than just that. I mean, I believe that there's plenty of players topping this daily that not only rely exclusively on the rail (ex. team UnFreeZe vs WTF, they were clearly if not the top railers, at least better railers than team UnFreeZe but team UnFreeZe was clearly better on the overall weapon/game balance and that reflected accordingly on the scores). those settings were cool just for fun and casually when there was like several thousand players playing Quake III Arena all-around daily not now when the population is more limited and even when this is being played relatively competitively on a regular basis. I mean, that was just how I pulled that off last time.
Yeah reil in my opinion is not top weapon in an overall game , I mean my score often proves that with very low accuracy and not much reil

I still can't reil consistently you guys are just to good lol reil server probably be boring for most only good for few
oKo*CTHULHU
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: cTh

Post by oKo*CTHULHU »

I play on a server like this from time to time, and believe it or not, we wouldn't experience a lot of people on a "onlyrail" server. this server favors snipers so much anyway and it is the most played weapon. with the rest, there is so much ammunition that you can arrange gameplay for one weapon yourself, as many people do.
Camaradas Iks De
FilthyPirate
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: FilthyPirate

Post by FilthyPirate »

We talked about this on Dicord.. I do not think it is a good idea.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

FilthyPirate wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 1:50 We talked about this on Dicord.. I do not think it is a good idea.
You talk with who? Capitalists?
FilthyPirate
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: FilthyPirate

Post by FilthyPirate »

^5Indeed..
Boones
User lv3
User lv3

Post by Boones »

Would like to see an oldschool ctf instagib server especially if it would include some or even all WTF v3 maps in the rotation. That being said, it's more than obvious this kind of server wouldn't create a sustainable community. Instagib was a thing in Q3A between 2005 and 2013. After that it started to die out to the point that it's now virtually non-existent.
uZu
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: uZu

Post by uZu »

I agree with @Boones. The main problem with instagib is that it get quickly boring... and the vast majority of servers which ran it turned to be a dm17-only map which is also quickly boring
oKo*CTHULHU
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: cTh

Post by oKo*CTHULHU »

I recently played on the instagib (onlyrail) server and I confirm it is boring, especially when it is possible to play as many as 30 rounds on one map, during the BO3 formula. in addition, there is a lack of players, which makes balanced games really difficult. you can often assume a loss / win at the very beginning. nowadays nobody is playing there because most of the people are away on vacation. :)

if you are interested in selected games, the only thing I can suggest is the search for pickups, where people play up to 10 people, as a team, sometimes with voice chat. fortunately, a few more servers of this type have not died.
Camaradas Iks De