february community event

Quake III Arena classic game servers forum.

what do you want to do with the potential ctf event?

Poll ended at Fri Mar 03, 2023 9:29

play it this Sunday 5 21:00 CET (UTC+01)
63%
play it this Wednesday 8 21:00 CET (UTC+01)
38%
nothing, better let it be by now and may be give it another try on the future
No votes

Total votes: 8

The Undead
User lv4
User lv4

Re: february community event

Post by The Undead »

GG, was fun yup
FFA is kind of luck which is why a lot of players can have his own chance
thank you admin
I won't be part of the ctf event, I was just playing back since few days for the FFA tournament, I'm not hoping anything else.
Have fun everybody for the next few months :)
Cheers'
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

ok, no problem, thanks for the input I'll take it in account then for the Wednesday (potential) event. ggs and congrats on the close fourth place too, well played.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok, updated ctf pm sent now to everyone involved (aimer, masin, fau, mwhq3, pks, berkut, miro, semi, cth, shantu, mikes, P0rsche, ami, pacman) so as said there hopefully that should be it and now there should be no more changes over that or it just won't happen therefore those around that are available at such time I really do invite you to participate and at least to give it a try because I think it's another great battle. I mean, I know at least I'll show up at such time on such server and set everything so hopefully catch you all there this Wednesday night to play that too.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

finished event thread with YouTube videos up already on the appropriate forum here for these events. man, I was watching them again now and I think that was really huge, I believe that it finally really got done as any other major main event comparable to this UnFreeZe thing here. good stuff, I believe that probably on the future another ffa carnage event or even if the interest is high and the turnout allows for it a small ffa carnage tournament could be setup, as usual we'll see. by now hopefully the Wednesday the (lower tier) ctf will be played as well and that will be it with these February fpsclassico events for now. ok, additionally I'll move this thread later today too to the appropriate forum here as this finally ended up not having much to do with UnFreeZe (as you had requested) to not mess things up. GGs.
MyWifeHatesQ3
User lv3
User lv3

Post by MyWifeHatesQ3 »

Hello! I am sick today after Miroslav (gg to him and everyone else) scored +100 above my score. Together with all other work/life factors, I feel that I will not be \ready for ctf this week
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

haha don't stress over that as miro scored at least 25% more than anybody else even despite he mostly neglected the quad, as said an almost uncontested victory for him. ok, unlucky, then I guess that unless people wanna delay that one week or so then I assuming we are finally cancelling that. the currently picked maps don't work for anything bellow 6vs6 (and that would be even assuming everyone shows/has them installed which most likely, almost for sure, it won't even be the case) beside then the teams would need to be adjusted yet again. ok, I guess I can offer then the next Sunday 5 21:00 CET (UTC+01) or Wednesday 8 21:00 CET (UTC+01) if people (at least twelve) is really interested/agree that on the next days otherwise then the ctf event just won't happen.
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

Post by fernandinho1337 »

wifey...ctf is a team game and will be a different story. plus, it is not as shafty so it will not compare to the FFA at all. i would have loved too play with/ against you.

hang in and have a great start to the week

best regards

*edit* thank you and GGs to you, too! :-)
Shantu
User lv2
User lv2

Post by Shantu »

GGs, I hope for a rematch without lags soon. :D
aimer
User lv4
User lv4

Post by aimer »

adminless wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 13:24 haha don't stress over that as miro scored at least 25% more than anybody else even despite he mostly neglected the quad, as said an almost uncontested victory for him. ok, unlucky, then I guess that unless people wanna delay that one week or so then I assuming we are finally cancelling that. the currently picked maps don't work for anything bellow 6vs6 (and that would be even assuming everyone shows/has them installed which most likely, almost for sure, it won't even be the case) beside then the teams would need to be adjusted yet again. ok, I guess I can offer then the next Sunday 5 21:00 CET (UTC+01) or Wednesday 8 21:00 CET (UTC+01) if people (at least twelve) is really interested/agree that on the next days otherwise then the ctf event just won't happen.
Still free to play CTF Sunday 5th
fau
User lv4
User lv4

Post by fau »

ggs all, was quick and fun. Let's make ctf happen pls, but rather sooner than later.

Few thoughts how it could be even better next time:
1. More map diversity. These were all similar style, medium sized, with many open arenas. I think more closed maps like dm14 (and all maps from ffa server) work great in ffa too - it's less of lg-fest and more small fights. Also players who play on ffa server daily were probably not attracted to play on these custom maps they don't know. Or huge maps where there is more railing because you are out of lg range like overkill and even bigger rocket arena maps.
2. Would be nice to have player names on videos - with it being miro's pov 90% of the time it would make watching more interesting :)
Semisek48
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Semisek48 »

I can play ctf at this or the next work week, but not sure about weekend.
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

fau wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 17:17 2. Would be nice to have player names on videos - with it being miro's pov 90% of the time it would make watching more interesting :)
what you would see: weapon 6; +forward; +attack
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

hehe yes it was good, as said I believe that it was really a main event and it was a good thing to make something else big aside from the usual UnFreeZe/masters thing. kind of a crossover as usual, I think it worked pretty good and the interest was high. yes, I believe that probably in some weeks/a month or so another event can be setup, initially probably I was more planning about another masters tournament but as said if the interest is high and the turnout allows even a small ffa carnage tournament could be arranged, we'll see so stay tuned.

I know but as said, the initial idea for the event was kind of UnFreeZe ALL-Stars rematch that was supposed to be played on those maps until the interest became clear that it was on something else then I believe that it was a good opportunity to mix things up as usual so end up playing the event on those same maps. anyways just as you're noting yourself those maps were all top tier deathmatch maps and I believe they played great nevertheless. for another edition sure another maps can probably be played as usual, overkill, probably not as I don't even think that it's that good for this, I mean, it doesn't even feature quad which is a requirement. sure I could drop a quad myself there but that's just not the point with this ffa thing (that's it with UnFreeZe), there's probably no need to (over) mod anything here, there's better options out there (just like the ones that got played to put a quick example among many others).

as for the ctf well, we'll see, I'm definitively trying but I'm not very optimistic to be honest, it's very clear where the interest really was. anyways this Wednesday 1 it's discarded as said I believe the Sunday 5 or Wednesday 8 could be tried as last resort options but in any case it should be finally known/agreed clearly within the next days at most. otherwise the most reasonable is just to call that quits. ok, poll added now, so please vote.
FraG_MasiN
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: .DC!FraG_MasiN?!

Post by FraG_MasiN »

GOOD EVENT FFA NICE SAME FUN :D Miroslav RULESs I LIKE RATE 10 OF 10 GOOD POWER STROG PLAYERS END FUN BEST EVENT ON THIS YEAR!!!! FFA RULEss QUAD RULESS ADMINLESS RULES
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

Hi adminless

If its sunday i might be out as i visit friends and have a 6+ hr drive on sunday ^^

Best