Glacius evenings - New Start

fpsclassico community based events and fights.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: Glacius evenings - New Start

Post by adminless »

ok, if it wasn't that then I guess it would have been a punctual glitch or something at some game that shouldn't occur again. thanks for report and just let me know if the problem persists.
Liza
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Liza »

Agi wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 17:21
Liza wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 17:01
Liza can you back me up? Did you notice this frozen bodies problem also?
I think that the problem is outdated. So just a post to back up Agi :)
Agi
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Agi »

adminless wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 19:18

Dear Admin

Is it possible to add to Glacius/Spacius
/callvote nextmap

Best regards
oKo*Magister
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: oKo*Magister

Post by oKo*Magister »

Yeah I agree. Sometimes on Glacius we agree that we are tired of X map/don't want to play that. That would be very nice if we could change maps on Glacius so we could play what we want on this event from this rotation.

Edit:
Also the issue with frozen bodies that they are hard to push is still there. Kinda annoying when it's impossible to separate bodies to avoid big number thaws in enemy team. Can you do something with it? :)

Best regards
Magi
It's all in the spirit of Aimbot. *Mankubus voice*
nickaero
User lv4
User lv4

Post by nickaero »

Agi wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 13:04
adminless wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 19:18

Dear Admin

Is it possible to add to Glacius/Spacius
/callvote nextmap

Best regards
Yes admin pls make this happen
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

hey if you want to play specific maps the way to do that is the private server, you can definitively play/vote anything you want there. for the pub I don't see it happening otherwise you end up with a one or two maps server which is precisely the sole reason of existence of glacius as already explained here. all the maps on the glacius rotation are top quality if for some reason there's one that you don't like, it could be considered for removal but that's all about glacius. as for the frozen bodies the times I tested it it worked just fine so I don't know if it's a specific issue at some times, at some map, at some clients or anything else but it's not happening at least for me.
nickaero
User lv4
User lv4

Post by nickaero »

adminless wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 14:11 hey if you want to play specific maps the way to do that is the private server, you can definitively play/vote anything you want there. for the pub I don't see it happening otherwise you end up with a one or two maps server which is precisely the sole reason of existence of glacius as already explained here. all the maps on the glacius rotation are top quality if for some reason there's one that you don't like, it could be considered for removal but that's all about glacius. as for the frozen bodies the times I tested it it worked just fine so I don't know if it's a specific issue at some times, at some map, at some clients or anything else but it's not happening at least for me.
admin it's you?))))
fau
User lv4
User lv4

Post by fau »

How about adding some new maps to glacius?
We've played these on ranked server and people seem to like them (at least in 5v5):

teddm1, japandm, q3shw14
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

japandm is already on the rotation problem is that just as discussed previously the rotation is 18 maps long so at a average time of of 20 mins per game that's 6 hours to get it played (again on average is random so it could be more or less but that would be the mean between occurrences) and that would be giving that you had at least 10 people on the room all the time otherwise it won't even load with less people. considering the average play time of glacius is like 2 hours per week and that of those only half of them (i.e. one hour per week) you have it busy (i.e. 10 or more people) that yield a real load expectance for japandm of one occurrence per 6 weeks or just roughly once a month to make it round. that's pretty much the real issue with all the top assets like overkill and the rest at glacius, there's really no enough activity for that server. I mean, matter of facts, beside that some sporadic moments here and there the spacius/glacius has really ended up being replaced just by the ffa server as the third main/alternative server.

as for teddm1 and q3shw14 pretty much the same, they aren't added on baltic/glacius2 so I think I could give them a try but my feelings are that probably aren't going to make any difference if not probably make matters even worse with glacius (i.e. even lower top load times and even more alienation).
uZu
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: uZu

Post by uZu »

One possibility could be to split the map list in half (or more) and alternate the maps on a daily or weekly basis.
Some mates and I did such things on OA servers long time ago and it worked pretty well.
oKo*CTHULHU
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: cTh

Post by oKo*CTHULHU »

The worst moment is when you play with 8 people and suddenly some OSP map starts up. There, even with the zoom, it is far away
Camaradas Iks De
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

thanks for the feedback guys but overall as I've written more times in my opinion I believe that the current glacius setup is probably about the best that server can do. yes probably the only changes of significance with it, it could be to rotate/add/remove/tune (but again even for that last it would require a lot more activity) some maps from time to time from it in line with the fau/cthulhu suggestions. any other kind of drastic changes would probably only kill the little activity that server has. by the way just as the topic seems to revive for those that don't know the third UnFreeZe server (same fpsclasico ips port 27963) runs custom maps from 20:00 CET (UTC+01) till 00:45 CET (UTC+01) every Monday, Friday and Sunday so those around interested in playing something else besides the well known standard assets make sure to miss it.