UnFreeZe Tournament Summer 2026

fpsclassico community based events and fights.
-=ASS=-RICKY!!!
User lv2
User lv2
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:32

Re: UnFreeZe Tournament Summer 2026

Post by -=ASS=-RICKY!!! »

Why don't we just make a different format next time and do it like that for a change, we do a best of 5 or best of 3 without legs and we make it way shorter so it doesn't have to last 2-3 months but a single month, maybe a regular season to go along with it, every team goes up against each other and then we do playoffs and be done with it, because people can be avaliable on certain dates and I'm pretty confident that neither Heero nor i will be able to participate in this match so, there won't really be a generational show down like you hoped for I'm afraid, I doubt that DT will be at their best either, it's gonna be a match like every other and maybe we will win, maybe they will, who knows, we just wanted to put on a show for guys watching on YouTube and gtv, but as I said I doubt it will be a clash of titans. It bothers me that we can't be at our best for these matches and at a certain time but it is what it is, we are trying to take at least amount of time as possible but it simply ain't happening
lith
User lv3
User lv3
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2024 13:48

Re: UnFreeZe Tournament Summer 2026

Post by lith »

adminless wrote: ↑Mon Sep 28, 2026 22:30 quite frankly, it didn't really look like it to me but either way that simply goes back to my previous message/alternative ruling if you just need it to be worded like that. ok, no problem, then shall be case I assume within today or tomorrow you will submit a replacement to make up for that unforeseen unavailability you're reporting now to be able to fully complete the tournament as otherwise if such unavailability could have been easily foreseen and predicted, why did you sign up for a tournament knowing that you're not going to really be available in a weekly basis just on occasions? either way doesn't really change the outcome, either you declined or where simply not competent enough to balance your team to be able to normally participate, it doesn't really make any difference and I repeat it doesn't help either the fact that you signed two guys that are nowhere to be seen yet. I think I made it pretty clear since the beginning that teams should definitively balance activity not just merely skill when building their teams. it's not my fault that people, not just you, stubbornly decided to not follow any guideline so it's what it's.
I see now that youre an idiot. If it wasn't "stubborn people" like me joining your shitty ass tournament then you would have no people at all. The reason you have any teams in this tourney at all is because we advertised it on the discord and begged people to play.
You obviously have no responsibilities in your life so I can understand that you would think "competence" has any relevance when trying to organise matches one or two months in advance (since there are 2 legs for whatever reason).

Dont talk about stubborn, when it is clear projection.
User avatar
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 6531
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 19:05
in-game nick: not available
Location: Spain

Re: UnFreeZe Tournament Summer 2026

Post by adminless »

@ricky sure that can probably be a discussion for another edition for this one, unfortunately it's too late for that so this is what it's. anyway, I can tell you that initially this is how this one was supposed to be, just a small summer tournament similar to the previous Christmas edition and I think that pretty much the feedback/feeling was a bit more like this. best of three games are pretty much pointless, anybody can miss a game or have a bad game and the outcome changes completely and best of five games for mostly week day plays like these were always too hardcore in the long run beside the tie-breakers were always controversial so I think the current format it's a bit of a mix of both and from what I've seen so far what has worked the best. as for the length, I think that a bit of the same, to get meaningful results you really need to have played a significant amount of games beside shorter tournament would just end up getting a lot more repetitive and boring in the long run not to mention that a regular phase and a playoff afterwards wouldn't really short a lot the tournament beside a couple of weeks at most. for example, what made the last Christmas edition exciting was actually the second leg when something else beside all the usual picks were played and there was various upsets and great excitement. it's the way it's and I think that are all positive changes and either way that would obviously be a topic for another edition not this one. for the rest, yes I totally understand you and I'm on the same page, I totally understand and agree that obviously in the top games the top players want to play and I'd like them to play as I even based the tournament balance along that but of course as long as it's realistically possible. if it's not, it's not as you're putting it. it's the way it's and I repeat like for the tenth time in this thread that's something the teams must take into account when building and managing their teams, that at the end of the day, the tournament needs to get going and it can just not be dragged like this. that's their responsibility when they sign up so if they fail on that, that then forces me to act accordingly and take charge myself of the situation as it can not be otherwise. in case someone got mislead or something, you signed up all to participate in a organized weekly tournament according to some well established and known rules that are there for a reason, not to play a bunch or random games as it happens to go. you don't even need for the latter so that's why I'm here for.

@lith look 'out of the blue' all this drama just got confirmed now in the day for the next Sunday 11 of October of 2026 20:30 CEST (UTC+02), dt already picked storm3tourney1, reqdm5, hub3tourney1, ass blocked storm3tourney1 and picked bal3dm3, goldleaf, q3dm8 so once again, I don't even know what shit are you talking/complaining about now? it's not my problem (nor my fault) if, on your own words, you 'begged people to play' in a 'shitty ass tournament' so honestly if you don't have anything relevant/meaningful to add don't waste your precious and scarce time spamming the thread with non sense as it's not gonna be tolerated. other than that I think I already made clear and addressed any point that was necessary.