UnFreeZe Tournament Fall 2024

fpsclassico community based events and fights.
champi
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: Champi

Re: UnFreeZe Tournament Fall 2024

Post by champi »

CHAMPI ULT1MATE SUPER HYPER ULTRA AWESOME GROUP OF FRIENDS TEAM CLAN TOURNAMENT SQUAD:

Champi ( Captain )
Mobi
Agi
Roxor
Lithz
Vegetable
Oxi
cT
champi
User lv4
User lv4

Post by champi »

@adminless wtf is ozaru xd?
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

that, it spits intergalactic energy beams therefore it clears entire battlefields just by opening its mouth, good stuff xD it's what it's, until you come up with a proper name I'll just name you "Team Ozaru" by now as that was the first thing that came to my mind after reading "CHAMPI ULT1MATE SUPER HYPER ULTRA AWESOME GROUP OF FRIENDS TEAM CLAN TOURNAMENT SQUAD" (which is obviously not a proper valid accepted team name here).
Agi
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Agi »

It's funny @adminless, because oxi is like oxi king from Dragon Ball, you hit the vibe with the name 😄
champi
User lv4
User lv4

Post by champi »

I'm keeping the name.

adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok, awesome news, then all updated and noted now so check it out and let me know if I missed something or anything. to summarize this is what I currently have noted for this:
  1. Team Community: heero, aimer, fau, semi, mwhq3, pks, cybra, pipa
  2. oKo Clan: ami, magi, mango, cth, cacahuete, yub, venum
  3. ILM Clan: blaze, fusion, iron, orgi, vortex, mike, maka
  4. ASS Clan: infinity, ricky, angel, walnut, rico, cliff, denzo, ares
  5. Team Ozaru: champi, mobi, agi, roxor, lith, vegetable, oxi, ct
  6. Double Trouble: miro, kf, gladi, tuby, version, franni, redrum
ilm also kinda signed up today on grounds that they likely will have schedule problems along this season which might lead to delays therefor patience is asked from everyone involved as well as individual participation from the ilm members here in this forum if necessary to develop the tournament. fantastic, then the 6 teams target has been finally met, by now I wouldn't really expect any more teams, I believe that everyone that was meant to sign up has already done so then I believe that it's probably just time to move on and get started. the seventh team would rightfully be the former undisputed champions Теам Москва but for other than guest appearances and similar they seem to be inactive and the "random" forum team it's clear that if nobody signed up for that yet, it's just not going to happen.

so again to summarize the bracket for the tournament here has been finally updated accordingly. as said, unless a seventh team shows in the next coming still remaining days (unlikely but just in case) it should be just added as seventh team there so it should just rest in the opening week and then I'd update the calendar accordingly. finally after various calculations and accounting for various different scenarios I scheduled a single legged best of five group (i.e. a regular season) followed by a final phase with direct legged four rounds match ups between the top four positions as the best overall format in almost any metric. additionally I already added the fifth and third place final games that although not strictly mandatory/enforced are nevertheless meant to be played and honored as every other game so review all that as well and let me know if I missed something or anything.

in any case I believe the opening games should remain as follow:
  • Week 1
    • Team Community VS Double Trouble (Tuesday 8 of October of 2024 21:00 CEST [UTC+02])
    • ILM Clan VS Team Ozaru (Wednesday 9 of October of 2024 21:15 CEST [UTC+02])
    • ASS Clan VS oKo Clan (Thursday 10 of October of 2024 21:00 CEST [UTC+02])
so as usual please those involved in those matches start to think about when you can make that happen and get back to me to leave that schedule within this week. remember that for these regular season matches every team picks three maps from the entire pool and will block one form the opponents picks. the tie-breaker then comes out from the remaining maps in the tie-breakers list posted in the tournament thread that hasn't been blocked. if someone have some question/s or anything just ask otherwise have fun and good luck.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

btw big time community player dentist just reached out this morning asking to participate in the tournament. as said, a seventh forum team forza I see it very unlikely to assemble at this point so if some of the teams around, specially those having availability problems, are interested in teaming up just let me know or simply get in touch with him. remember that the deadline to make any changes to the teams, or even for a potential seventh team to sign up, ends this week so do not miss out. otherwise what's currently written it's what will remain so go thinking about the posted match ups already to get started next week.
Edversion
User lv3
User lv3

Post by Edversion »

I'm very disappointed in PacMan for both his bad English language manners and not assembling EZ team for this event.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

both ez and ofc are casual clans not really meant for this sort of competition. beside unless people do actually help them build their clans they also have it pretty hard to recruit and build really competitive teams. anyway, as I said, the sign up deadline isn't even over yet and the posted target for the tournament (6-8 teams) has already been meet (6.17 teams), that's as good as it gets. moreover it even seems to me like one of the most competitive editions (at least on paper) with finally some really proper players distribution where each team features literally none other than at least 2 mvp tier calibre players (again at least on paper) so definitively looking forward to see how this plays out. I think that almost every outcome is possible, really hard to anticipate something or give a prediction here.
champi
User lv4
User lv4

Post by champi »

My team can only play friday , saturday and sunday
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok thanks for the update, usually if the Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday nights don't work the second best and default option become the Sunday so I'll note that for the Sunday 13 of October of 2024 21:15 CEST (UTC+02) and then we'll have to wait until we hear from them. ok, I'll forward that to them now and once I hear something back from that I'll let you know.
crm
User lv1
User lv1

Post by crm »

Hi guys! It was long time when I was here! I see a lot of changes! (: If any team wants old retired unnamed lamer in their ranks... i need a bit of competition in this sad long autumn and winter evenings :) any chances?
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

if you could bring a couple of guys with you like olc and/or d4widoV for example may be I could try to make it work with a few more guys and add you as team forza to the tournament. I remember before immortal you had participated for Team Over30, may be some of those guys are still around. I mean, at least xo is active in a daily basis at the servers at the moment for example. let me know then, so far such forum team it would be just you and the guy that signed up this morning, if it can get to four/five people I guess I could probably then send a bunch of targeted invites to see if there's some luck.
nickaero
User lv4
User lv4

Post by nickaero »

Don't you think we should trim down the map pool? There are way too many maps
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

for this edition there will be no map tiers to chose from (everything will go from the entire thing) so at the end of the day I'd expect it to play just over the usual top 10 picks most of the times regardless beside ultimately there's always the option to block stuff. I think this has been discussed plenty of other times, the map pool is as large and varied as the players and teams that makes these also varied events, otherwise you'll just end up with people claiming for a fact that the only reason why they didn't dominate the entire thing from start to end was exclusively because such maps were intentionally skipped to deny them and that it clearly didn't have anything with the game (i.e. that they were just completely ripped off to be clear). that said, if you look at the maps in that pool I believe they are all at least A/A+ tier or better. quite frankly to be honest with you probably for other than focal and 13hell that are a bit weak in comparison all the rest of the maps are like top/home picks. yeah, I think that probably from that list may be focal and 13hell could be removed if you want/insist but as I said I don't really think that's a problem as I highly doubt any of those two maps would even be picked to begin with because at the end of the day also keep in mind that if any of those maps end up being played is because there was people who picked them and a opponent that didn't block it.