I am so fucking bored.

UnFreeZe/FreeFUn/glacius Game Servers forum.
oKo*CTHULHU
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: cTh

Re: I am so fucking bored.

Post by oKo*CTHULHU »

does anyone think that the gun behaves more like before the change than after? that's my impression, but ok if nothing was changed then ok. as for the grenades i don't think anyone noticed this change. the idea is cool, maybe reduce the amount of ammunition you have at the start of the round, for example by two/three grenades ?
Camaradas Iks De
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

I think it should be just fine the way it's.
oKo*CTHULHU
User lv5
User lv5

Post by oKo*CTHULHU »

It's ok :)
Camaradas Iks De
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

oKo*CTHULHU wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 18:14 does anyone think that the gun behaves more like before the change than after? that's my impression, but ok if nothing was changed then ok. as for the grenades i don't think anyone noticed this change. the idea is cool, maybe reduce the amount of ammunition you have at the start of the round, for example by two/three grenades ?
Dude reduce your accuracy to 20% like us then you will get less grenades we are noobs :lolno:
oKo*CTHULHU
User lv5
User lv5

Post by oKo*CTHULHU »

it doesn't entitle me to be "soft" like my mixes or ORGI69 friends ;DD
Camaradas Iks De
imprecise
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: imprecise

Post by imprecise »

Hi all

I think that the lightning gun causes too much damage since the last modifications. It has now become the weapon of choice for players with low skill and accuracy which allows them to do a lot of damage and points very easily. This can sometimes make some games very unpleasant to play. It is enough that several players use the lightning gun simultaneously while remaining grouped for that it becomes a carnage. I think that it would be good to lower a little the power of the lightning gun by reducing a little the armor drain for a better balance of the game.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
"My ability to concentrate is so short that ... Oh a butterfly !"
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

as I see it I think it's ok, I mean, before the lg was arguably useless and while now it's a lot more useful, it's still far from a overpowering weapon as it's usually the case on Quake III Arena and even as various had longed it to be so overall I see it fairly balanced. at the end of the day the lg wasn't supposed to be the weapon of the game but at least a strong one in one way or another and not one just to be skipped like that as it was mostly the case. if you look at the competitive cpm masters event that got played yesterday precisely to better test all that out, I think it played good (better I'd say) with all the season ruleset changes (which go well beyond just the lg) and those were various of the about most adept lg users. moreover, that even brings it and adds to the original "issue" that spawned this topic, more noobs doing lg equals to less of them spamming the shit out of every one and messing everyone else games with their rockets so less spam and less issues I guess. at the end of the day just as I wrote, it's a all weapons shooter, no matter what you do, one thing or another people it's gonna shot all the same. you just can not pretend to tune things down (ammos, damages, rates etc everything basically) until people stop using them (i.e. playing) because they just become "useless". that doesn't look like balance to me but more just like ruin the game instead. that's the way the game is.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5

Post by PacMan »

imprecise wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 14:09 Hi all

I think that the lightning gun causes too much damage since the last modifications. It has now become the weapon of choice for players with low skill and accuracy which allows them to do a lot of damage and points very easily. This can sometimes make some games very unpleasant to play. It is enough that several players use the lightning gun simultaneously while remaining grouped for that it becomes a carnage. I think that it would be good to lower a little the power of the lightning gun by reducing a little the armor drain for a better balance of the game.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
Not overpowered , they taking your armour .....
oKo*Magister
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: oKo*Magister

Post by oKo*Magister »

PacMan wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 17:10

And this makes lg overpowered. I don't like this solution and I think just a better knockback would fix it
It's all in the spirit of Aimbot. *Mankubus voice*
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5

Post by PacMan »

oKo*Magister wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 17:39
PacMan wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 17:10

And this makes lg overpowered. I don't like this solution and I think just a better knockback would fix it
Magi power experienced fighter , oko power blood

It doesn't over power the LG

As most noobs can't keep it on target anyway it is funny though when you meet three oko bitchez with LG and they fry your balls in 1sec
snek
Unleveled User

Post by snek »

adminless wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:21 same, the original grenades ran for a couple of years or so and they were found to be absolute junk and fell very short compared to the rest of the weapons whithin this mode
good, that trash weapon should be removed from the game entirely tbh
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

imprecise wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 14:09 [..] I think that it would be good to lower a little the power of the lightning gun by reducing a little the armor drain for a better balance of the game. [..]
yes I finally added these days "blue armor" tracking (that's how I'll call the lg armor drained here) to the stats sites (you can check it out although it will still take like a month for the stats fully cycle&sync with it) and after further overall evaluation I reduced a bit the armor drained by the lg today just to be safe specially in case somebody abuse it at the pubs mostly as on the events it still remains a secondary/minor feature at least so far. from what I dug so far for the most part it seems it has just been working as intended as some sort of extra "green armor" (that's notoriously missing from most, even cpm specific, maps and that would have been also important/necessary to account for proper play) in between the shards and the yellow armor (i.e. a kind of "blue armor" sometimes it appeared to be closer to a extra yellow armor hence the slight decrease to make it more adequate). of course, the ultimate values will depend from use to use (obviously if people skip it altogether they'll get no blue armor while if somebody play virtually lg only will get lots of it) and from situation to situation (obviously it doesn't play the same a pub with 20 players that a competitive 5vs5 game) so it's never gonna be exactly something and the same but for the most part under the most usual and normal circumstances I think this should finally make it for the lg here.
imprecise
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: imprecise

Post by imprecise »

Adminless, thanks for the readjustment of the armor drain by the lightning gun

if you can, give us a summary in a few weeks with the stats, thanks in advance...
"My ability to concentrate is so short that ... Oh a butterfly !"
UniX
User lv3
User lv3

Post by UniX »

What... this thread is still alive?

Maybe we should change the name of it to Mindless Rocket spam or sum
snek
Unleveled User

Post by snek »

UniX wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 13:23 What... this thread is still alive?

Maybe we should change the name of it to Mindless Rocket spam or sum
this but for the entire server instead