I am so fucking bored.

UnFreeZe/FreeFUn/glacius Game Servers forum.
me
User lv3
User lv3

Re: I am so fucking bored.

Post by me »

Enought rocket ammo is needed to make an individual good game, it's a primary, valid, necessary, basic weapon for selfdeffence ingame.
Now, what players do with the amount of the ammo during the game its their account.
I very rarely come without rocket ammo and if you haven't noticed, there is not many rocket ammo packets in this map rotation, so i doubt the game match would be interesting reducing the current amount of it.
Besides, Q3A is known by the iconic bot with the rocket launcher on it's back... that tells everything.
Last edited by me on Fri Jan 27, 2023 0:57, edited 1 time in total.
/quit then.
Meanwhile, in the farthest corner of the map...
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

me wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 0:51 Now, what players do with the amount of the ammo during the game its their account.
yeah, pretty much, that reminds me of the rail only times where you had a spare gauntlet for the fans but people connected to the servers to play gauntlet only instead, chase you like a maniac across the maps, camp on doors and all sorts of useless shit.
UniX
User lv3
User lv3

Post by UniX »

PacMan wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 0:42
UniX wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 17:48 What you're saying with so many words is; My server, my rules so STFU.
Which perfectly proves my point.
Lower amount of ammo reduces spam and we have gone through that discussion with grenades where you actually lowered the amount of grenades and reduced the nade spam.
Surprise surprise... the same thing applies to rockets.
I don't thinkso , he's partly saying your rubbish player anyway, i mean if your we're a proper noob like me maybe you get away with it

You need noob skilz to get good spam , but facenit your rubbish right?

Anyways no offence I got bored of your explanation lol hope you smiling :crazy:
We all are kinda rubbish on those servers, most of us are mediocre players at best and only a handful would count a skilled players of those who frequent the servers. And its my honest opinion that the way things are now does not help players get better at Quake or FPS games in general but if you are quite satisfied with hopping in, shoot some shit and turn off the game then yeah, this is great.
Besides I dont care what adminless or anyone else for that matter thinks of my skills in a 23 year old FPS game... Im too old to get any better anyways.
P.S if you think this ranting is bad Adminless then head over to just about any MMO dude ;)
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

once again, the same way the game is no vq3, the community it's neither a MMO one or any other one, it's something else as much as you would like it to be (both). so yeah, I think that with your attitude you're not really adding anything here. I repeat, hey it's cool to provide feedback/input and I always appreciate that and listen to it even if the input is pure garbage (i.e. it doesn't even go with the intention of the mode, broken shit and/or just wrong) and answer to it. that being said, one thing is that and stop there and another different thing is trying to force a issue and pressing things which is obviously not welcome here. and btw also for the record if you're more into vq3 games (which is essentially the core of your request) I still run some classic (canonical) vq3 master duel server in case you prefer to hone your skills there.
imprecise
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: imprecise

Post by imprecise »

Hi everyone :wave:

one thing that no one who plays regularly during the day can deny is that when a certain amount of inexperienced players are present, they often use rocket spam with insistence, which results in very chaotic games that are not pleasant for players who rely on tactics and strategy. ... I think that's what Unix was referring to and that it's those players who shoot rockets everywhere before even catching a glimpse of an enemy that end up boring him... which I understand because I sometimes get bored by it too...

there's one thing that i've noticed several times and that supports my claims is that some inexperienced players manage to end up at the top of the scoreboard of a map just because they played like pissed off by jumping around and spamming rockets as much as they can

As for the q3dm16 map, it's very nice to play for 12 players or so but when there are 22 of us on the map then it becomes a bit of a mess, especially if there are players abusing the rocket spam. Rockets which moreover do not cease to eject in the vacuum the frozen or not players of the map... because moreover certain players take a malicious pleasure to eject the frozen players of the map to prevent any thawing...

That being said, I'm not in favor of reducing the number of rockets because in any case these inexperienced players die easily and often and therefore they come back to life with full ammunition which allows them to spam again...

On the other hand, it might be wise to reduce the power of the rockets a little bit to compensate for the spam and to weigh down the players a little bit on the q3dm16 card to avoid ejections

Suggestion: beyond 7 rockets fired in a row you lose 50% of your life or your ammunition, or you take 50% handicap until your next respawn, it would be funny to observe :twisted: :lol:
"My ability to concentrate is so short that ... Oh a butterfly !"
Silver Surfer
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: Silver Surfer

Post by Silver Surfer »

Having 5 dudes just aimlessly rocketjumping on a map is fucking retarded and is pretty much what this mod has become.
All I can say is that if you are bored and don't like the server then play elsware at the end of the day its a Fukin Game and before you reply I have been playing with a bad connection for ages BUT I don't complain most days someone complains about the Rockets but hey ho its part of the mod if your not happy then LEAVE its that simple if you want to play on a server that doesn't have rockets find one ! or run one yourself !!!! there is always a smart arse someware who doesn't like something get a life
ps im bound to get slagged for this post BUT hey ho does this face look Bothered !!!
Life is to short
Be Good and Enjoy

:D :D
oKo*CTHULHU
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: cTh

Post by oKo*CTHULHU »

from what i noticed, recently the server Free For All fps.clasico started gathering quite a large group of players. I recommend it to everyone as a springboard from the main server. farming well midairs rockets :D
Camaradas Iks De
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

oKo*CTHULHU wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 15:47 from what i noticed, recently the server Free For All fps.clasico started gathering quite a large group of players. I recommend it to everyone as a springboard from the main server. farming well midairs rockets :D
Ami bot ffa chempion
snek
Unleveled User

Post by snek »

while we're on the topic of meta i'd like to hear the reasoning behind the lg nerfs if possible
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

that's simple, the normal vq3 lg is only balanced whithin strict vq3 itself (very limited, if available at all, plus pretty much unusable beyond lan/local alike games) as for example on the masters server/events. outside it (ex. UnFreeZe), it's absurdly overpowered just like that. if you give, if not unlimited, at least vey abumdant ammo plus perfect hitting (unlagged) you end up with a broken weapon (i.e. you'll end up with people main the game with it which it's just absurd and honestly quite cheap and easy). btw just to be safe, it's even more "nerfed" (equal rebalanced) on cpma or vql which don't even (normally) feature the weapon just like this.
snek
Unleveled User

Post by snek »

fair enough
another question, about the grenade launcher's firing rate reduction because 800ms seems balanced to me
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

same, the original grenades ran for a couple of years or so and they were found to be absolute junk and fell very short compared to the rest of the weapons whithin this mode so give them a boost seemed like the way to go.
fau
User lv4
User lv4

Post by fau »

I agree that vq3+unlagged gives overpowered lg. I remember the "lg party" problem from early ql and it was bad. I don't know about cpma, but lg is much stronger in vql than unfreeze though. Maybe it's because rockets have smaller radius and rail does only 80 damage so it's stronger in comparison. ql went through a series of lg nerfs with current lg being the weakest. And it's still stronger, you can use it to stop someone rushing you in open space or lift someone in the air.

q3 and later quake games went with the idea of merging q1/q2 and rl/lg/rg trinity (lg being the strongest weapon in q1, rg in q2), here lg is downgraded to situational weapon like shotgun or plasma on unfreeze (and only for players who are experts at it; if you don't hit 40%+ - don't even try). It's not an opinion, you can see it in stats clearly.

But in the end it's been like this for years. It's just a little sad that there is whole "generation" of players who can't use lg at all and never bothered to learn it because it's unnecessary here. They have hard time when they try to play duel or some other game(type) that requires tracking aim.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

I guess the "vql" settings will ultimately depend on the server as they can vary/be modified. that being said, as far as I "know" (considering vql is closed code but from experimentation and public available info) the lg is weaker (i.e. less damage) on vql than on UnFreeZe only that the knockback (i.e. the push from it) is (apparently much) higher which explain why the vql lg "feels" much stronger. I think that was asked/requested earlier so I think that probably may be I could try to increase the lg knockback some (currently is stock vq3, it's not nerfed though, but obviously is lower than on cpma or vql where it's boosted) if that would work better for some people. that's no big deal.
fau
User lv4
User lv4

Post by fau »

Yeah, I think the difference may be only knockback. Looking forward to see how it works out.