issue with client gamemod 'unfreeze' - no clear visibility of frozen enemies/team-mates

UnFreeZe/FreeFUn/glacius Game Servers forum.
pyron83
User lv3
User lv3

issue with client gamemod 'unfreeze' - no clear visibility of frozen enemies/team-mates

Post by pyron83 »

Hi,

I played on the Unfreeze server until now without the unfreeze pk3.

I finally decided to give it a try, and I find it better than vanilla ioquake3, but I've trouble in seeing clearly frozen models.

In vanilla ioq3, frozen enemies and allies are surrounded by a golden aura.
With the mod, enemies are just stuck/still... And sometimes it makes really difficult to understand if the enemy/ally is frozen or not.

Shold I revert to vanilla q3 or is there a fix?
I tried some graphic settings, but to no avail.

thank you
Q3 Unfreeze nickname: {Y1X1}
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: issue with client gamemod 'unfreeze' - no clear visibility of frozen enemies/team-mates

Post by adminless »

hey there

I think that most likely you didn't properly install the client gamemod, I think that probably you just installed the unfreeze0-dev-client.pk3 file which is just a update and forgot about the base version unfreeze-v1.0-client.zip file which is the one that actually contains the media including the custom frozen bodies shader which looks like on the image I attached you (the yellow traingle shows that is a teammate \cg_drawfriend) and that I believe that is a improvement over the default battle suit shader for frozen bodies.

is a very common mistake people make so please make sure that you installed both files and let me know if it still doesn't work.
Attachments
frozen.jpg
pyron83
User lv3
User lv3

Re: issue with client gamemod 'unfreeze' - no clear visibility of frozen enemies/team-mates

Post by pyron83 »

you are right, it was my mistake.

I mistakenly saw the 2 pk3 as 2 files with the same name so I extracted just 1, but they are instead 2 different files:
*unfreeze0-client.pk3
*unfreeze0-dev-client.pk3

Now that they are both in .q3a/unfreeze everything runs fine.

thank you

cheers
Q3 Unfreeze nickname: {Y1X1}