screen, mouse and equipment thread

talk in your native language here.
tar
User lv4
User lv4

Re: Q3 physics: pmove_fixed & pmove_msec

Post by tar »

Find the optimal mouse settings: https://www.blizzgc.com/gaming-mouse/setup-guide/
newb.zi (stats · system)
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

Post by fernandinho1337 »

thanks for sharing the link newb.zi but i feel the content is garbage. i got the impression that there is only one way to setup your system to get the perfect aim. interestingly i do lots of things wrong. in addition, lots of pro players like cooller do it completely wrong too.

best regards :-D
tar
User lv4
User lv4

Post by tar »

At least, its a start and it is not about wrong or right. It is about what fits most to your personal preferations and the question is:

What do/see you different and why?

I made a lot of progress setting my DPI not so high (I could set it to 12.000 - for what!?) and not too low, too (as my resolution is relatively high) - so I tried out 200 to 1200 and ended with 800 for Quake 3. On Desktop I use 1800. Furthermore I got a "gamer" mouse which is a lot better than my cable-free mouse. Then I got a "gamer" keypad which is a lot better than my "gamer" keyboard which is a lot better than my standard cable-free keyboard. I also made a lot of progress with the best non-distracting game settings but I did not overcustomize my mouse sensitivity, acceleration and scripts. Only thing left is a "gamer" monitor that also fits my business and all-day usage and I hope this one will come out this year. I hope it will be a lot better than my actual one.

Of course, you can play on an old cherry keyboard with an old mouse on an old CRT or on a laptop on 640x480. I do not blame that and it is absolutely not wrong :)
newb.zi (stats · system)
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

Number 1: I got a 21" CRT using 1024x768 with 120hz (playing with maxfps 125, no problems when vsync is off). :-P

I think q3 is a compromise: movement and aim. movement = fast sens and aim = low sens: make a compromise. mouse accel helps. i dont believe in using max dpi like the guide suggests. at some point u cannot handle it anymore. back in the days fatal1ty used the boomslang 1000 eventho a 2000 was available - so u see the fastest is not always the best. besides the guide u linked to, is ok ^^
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

@devil there u go my computer

21" CRT 1024x768@120Hz
USB standard keyboard
logitech g100s@1450 dpi @ roccat lua mouse pad
sennheiser headphones
computer is fast enough (i7, 8gb ram, nvidia gt 750ti)
cBs KRA7OS
User lv4
User lv4

Post by cBs KRA7OS »

I najlepszy kineskopowy monitor:)
cBs KRA7OS
User lv4
User lv4

Post by cBs KRA7OS »

Redirk albo tar , jaka komenda jest na zmianę invert mouse?
cBs KRA7OS
User lv4
User lv4

Post by cBs KRA7OS »

Ok, już mam:) przestawiłem wartość w cfg na - minus i dlatego po wgraniu automatycznie invert mouse mi się przestawiał:)
tar
User lv4
User lv4

Post by tar »

Set m_pitch to a negative value ("-0.022"), yes.
newb.zi (stats · system)
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

flip your monitor upside down then make m_yaw negative ;-)
cBs KRA7OS
User lv4
User lv4

Post by cBs KRA7OS »

Dlaczego na -0.022? Janmam ustawione 0.015na pitch i yaw , a mam pytanie jest komenda którzy zmienia wygląd efekt LG np taki jak na Cpma? Ale grając od dziś na 0.015 to stwierdzam że ruch myszą słaby
cBs KRA7OS
User lv4
User lv4

Post by cBs KRA7OS »

I dlaczego -? A nie samo 0.022?
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

adminless wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 23:48 btw I just finished pushing a quick ioQuake3 patch for that over 125 maxpackets sync thing I had talked about here, I would appreciate if someone get it and test it under windows (I haven't yet only in linux but anyways I believe that it should work the same), that would definitively buy me some time. I've just been testing now for an hour or so and it definitively looked like it does improve the game, at least my in-game ping decreased between 4-7 msecs and everything seemed more stable and responsive overall, so definitively check it out and let me know if it didn't broke in windows (I'll test it any time "soon" anyways). btw note that I removed both cl_maxpackets and com_maxfps from the client engine (they will not work anymore) for all the reasons that I discussed here among others, so the client engine is now locked at 200 fps max and it always sends all the possible packets as by current network's performance it makes no sense to limit them anymore. whoever wants to limits the fps here will have to go for turning vsync on on his graphics drivers which overall I believe that it should sync pretty fine anyways on most situations.

that's it check it out, it's still just a quick patch I'll go polishing over these days but mostly just the usual code maintenance/cleanse/review for 2018 environments nothing special more or less the important is that. in addition this time I also added a new i686 optimized linux build (matching the server build) in addition to the generic i586 one for whoever is interested, definitively worth checking if you're a linux user.

you have them for download at the usual place: ftp://ftp.fpsclasico.de/ioquake3/
(re-download and re-place as usual, perhaps this time re-name rather that just directly re-place, and let me know)
i tested it on unfreeze2. wont use it because i love my 125fps but works well without issues. good job! :-D
tar
User lv4
User lv4

Post by tar »

Nowy wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 19:06I dlaczego -? A nie samo 0.022?
0.022 is the default value for m_pitch and the "-" is for the inverted mouse usage. You can adjust this, of course.
newb.zi (stats · system)
tar
User lv4
User lv4

Post by tar »

fernandinho1337 wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 21:44i tested it on unfreeze2. wont use it because i love my 125fps but works well without issues. good job! :-D
On UnFreeZe2 everything is fine, yea.

On UnFreeZe1 rocket jumps are failing way more often and the movement in general is somehow not reacting like it should.

I guess, the reason is the overall player amount (only bots on UnFreeZe2 vs. 21 other users on UnFreeZe1, some with bad connections).
newb.zi (stats · system)