fpsclassico masters vs UnFreeZe All Stars super fight

Team UnFreeZe mega events history - Diamond Clan undisputed champions
ang3lfish
User lv3
User lv3

Re: fpsclassico masters vs UnFreeZe All Stars super fight

Post by ang3lfish »

Thank you for the invitation. I felt good. Unfortunately, my old laptop couldn't handle the load either. gg / wp
i_cezar
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: Blaze

Post by i_cezar »

GGs. Congratulations to the winners Team Masters!

Had a great time.
Thanks to everyone involved and thanks adminless for this opportunity. Will watch the videos for sure.

"I would also like to thank the fans"😁
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

no worries guys you (all) went down as true legends of the community and I really mean it. huge respect and looking forward some solid reinforcements for the next team UnFreeZe meeting if you know what I'm saying ;)
i_cezar
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: Blaze

Post by i_cezar »

Yes, it felt good playing alongside some of the best in the community.
And i think this Team Unfreeze raised to the ocasion and our opponents had a bullet pass next to their ear.
But you can feel Team masters are strong individually. Especially on dm6, was hard to take rounds off them. Even if we had some rounds in the bag so to speak with more remaining players, they managed to turn it around a couple of times. That was mental and confusing.
They moved well on the maps since most of them are also traditional 1v1 maps.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

obviously it takes something else to beat (even if just two maps and close other) such a team as team masters formed no other than with the undisputed best duel players around. they clearly were there for a reason, not just for the sake of it. but also the unnoticed absence of mvp tier player ricky for team UnFreeZe (what a total idiot btw) was a serious downturn as that clearly conditioned the team planning and fight preparation. overall there was various things at play but I believe that it was very interesting and definitively a terrific fight for both of you. ggs.
fau
User lv4
User lv4

Post by fau »

Right maps were good for us. Maybe we could pick maps next time with a tie-breaker decided by adminless, like in duels? I guess unfreeze players would prefer more strategic maps.
Without whoami and ricky I expected was going to be easy win, but these were very close and hard games. Well played. I'm in both camps because I play in both duel and unfreeze leagues, so I was also glad to see how well you guys did and won your maps by better tactics and unfreezing even when at firepower disadvantage - just look at dm6 stats. But overall maps were honed more for individual skill and not big team strategy, wonder how some slower maps would go.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

as said, the maps were the common ground of both map pools (hub3tourney1, pro-q3dm6, phantq3dm1_rev, pro-q3tourney2, pro-q3tourney7, q3dm13) which on a side note allow for this kind of crossover events is other of the reasons why the map pools for the tournaments/events are so absurdly large. I believe it was fairly balanced, with hub3tourney1 and phantq3dm1_rev for team masters and pro-q3dm6 and pro-q3tourney2 for team UnFreeZe with pro-q3tourney7 as tie-breaker. probably pro-q3dm13 would have been a more favorable (for team UnFreeZe) tie-breaker but I decided in favor of pro-q3tourney7 because pro-q3dm13 usually sucks on the events so it looked a lot more exciting for me. sure for another rematch after another masters tournament it can be done in a more organized way as said this time I just did it like this because initially I was planning something more casual hehe

btw also as I review the stats/games now on the individual side I believe that you finally come out of the event as the ultimate UnFreeZe mvp and that way you put a end to the undisputed miro reign altogether across the whole site framing him more as that, the undefeated super champion at the classic Quake III Arena duels mode, so huge congrats on that as well. I don't think there should be much to argue about that/controversy or anything, I find that you had a higher impact on the game than him beside I don't even think that you can name mvp someone that doesn't even dare to wear his own nick and instead put down their teammates and wears random nicks.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

Is there a score sheet somewhere I just see ggs everywhere lol
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

Post by fernandinho1337 »

Hi adminless

I dont put down my teammates with random
Nicks - we all had a good laugh on voice chat about it. I actually also talked to fau first before i used that nick - just saying we were all about fun and competetive play last night.

Gg to mvp fau - well deserved - he also called the plays and was the strategic lead for our game!

Best regards
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok, videos on its way to YouTube now (will be "viewable" when YouTube feels like it that doesn't depend on me) and fpsclassico inside versions being produced now to be updated later today early in the afternoon probably (wouldn't surprise me they finish even before than YouTube, matter of facts just as I write this the first is almost done) on its separate thread. then with this it finishes the event, I believe that it did not fail to deliver and it was huge. I mean, basically in the end team masters prevailed and became undisputed champions with fau as the mvp of the event but team UnFreeZe really fought this 3-2, 43-44, 455-452 until pretty much a stalemate despite the downturns (ex. ricky was really the guy team UnFreeZe was waiting/scheduled for on the fifth). ggs guys that was as good as it gets, catch you on the next event on some months probably.
oKo*CTHULHU
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: cTh

Post by oKo*CTHULHU »

it was good, I played very well with the team despite no preparations, maybe the only downside was the lack of a perfect knowledge of the map such as phantomrev2 and T7 which did not prevent us from obtaining good cooperation and satisfactory results :D
if you want any ideas about the map pool, you can, for example, introduce a map blocking system, of course, knowing the teams in advance and taking into account the pool of maps that were already presented after the final of the second edition of the unfreeze tournament. (minimum one.) The downside may be the lack of time for some people, which is why the idea of making decisions by one person will work just as well as showed it to us yesterday evening. thanks again for the time well spent !
GGs
Camaradas Iks De
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

hehe yes it was huge I was taking a look at the inside finished videos now and it was really nose bleeding so well played. as said, we'll see how it turns out on the future this time I just set it like this (I wasn't really expecting this reception hehe) but anyways just as you said, I think it worked pretty good for everybody involved so no regrets either. additionally as a bonus I compiled now the individual performance scores of the event as you can see on the table bellow and I believe that it shows some very interesting results and it probably tells a lot about the fight. for example although I think that probably fau had the biggest influence/impact on the overall fight decision (I mean, just see game four despite no other than miro himself really took over on that game for example) beside obviously being on the overall fight wining team to be given the mvp, strictly speaking on individual performance blaze goes down as none other than the best scorer of the event both on absolute score with 118 points as well as on average score scoring no other than 23.60 points per game (which is among the tops of the rank on average) despite have played all games on the overall fight losing team, that's some serious stuff. it's also worth to mention cachuete as clearly the player revelation of the event that he really performed on par (strictly speaking slightly better) than no other than the guy himself, Miroslav, on pure synthetic game data (score) yesterday, mvp caliber performance. I think overall the data it really tells how disputed it was, literally if you look at the "pairings" that came out from that, they are virtually all toe to toe. the only key statistical difference I really found there was the ricky absence that team masters materialized in favor of a kf that definitively played some solid games as well yesterday (no other than top 5) and likely that can be the deciding factor of that fifth fight deciding game where team UnFreeZe was literally looking for who to play it in my opinion.

Code: Select all

+-----------------+-------+-------+-------+------+---------------+-------+-------+-------+------+
| masters         | score | games | avg   | std  | unfreeze      | score | games | avg   | std  |
+-----------------+-------+-------+-------+------+---------------+-------+-------+-------+------+
| fau             |    89 |     4 | 22.25 | 5.40 | [ILM]^Blaze   |   118 |     5 | 23.60 | 3.32 |
| Miroslav        |    80 |     4 | 20.00 | 4.47 | oKo*cacahuete |    81 |     4 | 20.25 | 2.77 |
| eMg!kf          |    58 |     3 | 19.33 | 4.03 | ricky?!       |     0 |     0 |  0.00 | 0.00 |
| MyWifeHatesQ3   |    53 |     3 | 17.67 | 1.25 | aimer         |    87 |     5 | 17.40 | 4.13 |
| noobzordofzords |    68 |     4 | 17.00 | 5.70 | ang3lfish     |    49 |     3 | 16.33 | 3.30 |
| eXyIsn1         |    64 |     4 | 16.00 | 5.79 | oKo*CTHULHU   |    65 |     4 | 16.25 | 7.46 |
| [ILM]^Mike      |    43 |     3 | 14.33 | 1.89 | ribx          |    52 |     4 | 13.00 | 3.08 |
| total           |   455 |     5 | 18.20 | 5.21 | total         |   452 |     5 | 18.08 | 5.53 |
WhoAmI
User lv4
User lv4

Post by WhoAmI »

Congratulations to both teams. I will watch a demo today.

Maybe I will play in a future event. It would be nice if we could, for example, on Friday or during the week.

I also hope that Unfreeze Team will win next time :)
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

just as I answered you on the PM now and as I say around the site often sure that can be discussed as well but for that first you need to start to be active/engaged around here. I just don't organize/care about people that takes weeks to answer/ghost and all that kind of stuff so next time if you want something stay active/engaged/communicative around the forum and bring it then (clearly and openly) and we'll see how it turns out.