Team mate rockets

UnFreeZe/FreeFUn/glacius Game Servers forum.

how do you prefer the team knockback on the pubs?

Poll ended at Wed May 18, 2022 10:34

disabled, your shots do not push your teammates
43%
enabled, your shots do push your teammates
57%

Total votes: 28

oKo*Magister
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: oKo*Magister

Re: Team mate rockets

Post by oKo*Magister »

I have an suggestion, that may work for everyone if more reports about team knockback appears. As we can see now, more people are ok with knockback, but if it somehow happens, that more people with complain about it and it will make 50/50 votes or so, then you can maybe disable knockback on one public server and keep it enabled on the other one? Some players don't like it, some players do. So if reports continue we can do this and make every player feel comfortable while playing.
It's all in the spirit of Aimbot. *Mankubus voice*
imprecise
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: imprecise

Post by imprecise »

My opinion is that as long as there are plenty of players, new or not, who will use spam (whatever the weapon used) on any occasion without worrying about whether it annoys one or more of their team knocback team will be a problem...

the fact of being possibly blocked by one or more teammates is a minor problem compared to the fact of being too often pushed, shaken, jostled, embarrassed by the shots of his teammates who do not care about the inconvenience caused because they are there to shoot and kill at all costs, regardless of the collateral damage caused by these behaviors...

And so the fact that the team knocback is deactivated on the public UnFreeZe and FreeFun servers seems to be the best solution at the moment
"My ability to concentrate is so short that ... Oh a butterfly !"
oKo*Magister
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: oKo*Magister

Post by oKo*Magister »

@imprecise
I played today a little and had maybe just 1 or 2 situations when I got pushed and died of it. To me it happens way less than I used to get blocked and die when knockback was disabled. Disabling it is not the best solution. Let's be honest, if it will be enabled some players may leave the server 'cause they will feel bad with it as well as some people may do so if it'd be disabled.

Setting one server with enabled team-knockback and the second one with disabled would be the best solution if some of you have problem with that.
But that's my opinion, let's wait and read probably upcoming comments/reports about it.
It's all in the spirit of Aimbot. *Mankubus voice*
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

yes, probably setting one server disabled and another enabled could be a solution (or better said, something to try as well) but which one? one or two? one probably needs it the most (as is the most populated) but two it's probably where the most quality games happens so it's not as easy. well, shall be the case I guess probably I can just disable it on two as I think it should correlate better with the current poll. btw I think I'll extend the poll for another month just to be safe.
imprecise
User lv5
User lv5

Post by imprecise »

@Magister
Magister you said: "I played today a little and had maybe just 1 or 2 situations when I got pushed and died of it."

maybe it's because you are a very good player and you manage your positions well, for my part I have been killed more than twice because of pushing and spamming

Magister you said: "Let's be honest, if it will be enabled some players may leave the server 'cause they will feel bad with it as well as some people may do so if it'd be disabled."

I understand your point of view, because originally the game is designed with this knockback team, but since it's a public server and everyone doesn't care about this knockback team, it generates a lot of inconvenience, much more than being blocked from time to time, and moreover there remains the gauntlet to move a player who blocks you...

Magister you said: "Setting one server with enabled team-knockback and the second one with disabled would be the best solution."

It's a solution to try, although I'm afraid it will confuse some people. And still it would be necessary that the players who pose a problem with the spam and the inconveniences of the team knocback due to the spam pay attention to it, which unfortunately I doubt...

You are correct in saying: "let's wait and read probably upcoming comments/reports about it." we'll see what comes out of it and if the players change their vote
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

oKo*Magister wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 22:06 @imprecise
I played today a little and had maybe just 1 or 2 situations when I got pushed and died of it. To me it happens way less than I used to get blocked and die when knockback was disabled. Disabling it is not the best solution. Let's be honest, if it will be enabled some players may leave the server 'cause they will feel bad with it as well as some people may do so if it'd be disabled.

Setting one server with enabled team-knockback and the second one with disabled would be the best solution if some of you have problem with that.
But that's my opinion, let's wait and read probably upcoming comments/reports about it.
Lol label one server pro noob and one plain noob rocket push server
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok as said starting today UnFreeZe1 will have team knockback enabled while UnFreeZe2 disabled. we'll see how this turns out now.
imprecise
User lv5
User lv5

Post by imprecise »

Thank you very much Adminless for having implemented this intermediate solution as well as for having done it so quickly :clap: :thumbup: :)
...jutuli...
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: ...jutuli...

Post by ...jutuli... »

That is really good news, thanks a lot! Once I got used to it, I do not want to go back...
imprecise
User lv5
User lv5

Post by imprecise »

Hi Adminless

will the UnFreeZe 1 server finally also benefit from the suspension of the knockback team as is the case on FreeFun :?:

I think it would be good, less jostling and pushing, voluntary or not, and therefore less nervousness and rage and despair on the part of those who are bothered by it... :evil: :x :cry:

:arrow: I vote for the stop of the knockback team on the main server UnFreeZe :thumbup:
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

not really, I believe that as is set now and as it reflects the poll have one enabled and the other disabled seems to be like the best compromise solution and I believe that it has been working good so far like that so I don't observe the need for change there.
imprecise
User lv5
User lv5

Post by imprecise »

ok for this compromise (I will continue to grumble internally :cry: each time I would be pushed or jostled, too bad for my satisfaction :roll: ), but recognize that 57 vs 43% this remains very divided even if enable push prevails for the moment ...
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

Imprecise nah

It's good this way, all regular players know which server to goto for the game type they want

Learn skilz lol
FilthyPirate
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: FilthyPirate

Post by FilthyPirate »

Keep it the way it is.
ref
User lv1
User lv1

Post by ref »

I'd keep it the way it is, but also consider what would happen if team knockback was disabled. The situation would be flipped on its head, where people can now block you from getting away from the area quickly, or blocking your rockets either intentionally or unintentionally without consequence.

Sure it's annoying when people shoot you into a crowd of enemy rockets or hitting you while you're on you way out, but these are parts of the game and you'll have to learn to change your playing style.

Additionally the maps, while I love vanilla, are just not big enough when there are a lot of players. q3dm8, q3dm11 and q3dm14, while technically "big" also have very narrow corridors with little room for moving away in combat. This naturally leads to these situations.

I understand the sentiment behind keeping the maps vanilla, but I think it would be fair to look for maps that are more suitable for CA-style gameplay, where you have the whole arsenal of weapons and no self- and team damage.