Team mate rockets

UnFreeZe/FreeFUn/glacius Game Servers forum.

how do you prefer the team knockback on the pubs?

Poll ended at Wed May 18, 2022 10:34

disabled, your shots do not push your teammates
43%
enabled, your shots do push your teammates
57%

Total votes: 28

me
User lv3
User lv3

Re: Team mate rockets

Post by me »

Currently and overall, imho, taking this action comes with more advantages. In 2 days with some hours of playing, i only had 1 single time when i got stuck with a teamate at a doorstep melting. Else to me was peacefull and i didnt saw anyone complaining about it.
I see it working, because basicaly i dont get pushed from itens, fired and overthrowed to the front of the enemy, fall in void or out of the way due to others bad aim or side fireing damage, disencourage assholes with bad intentions who stalk you ingame, etc, etc...
It's simple, we know it's a fact that the main servers are overpopulated at rush hours, confusion ingame is frequent and inevitable and conflicts happen between experienced / less experienced players witch leads to many sorts of complaints due only to this simple interaction.
At this point forward, the important is to give feedback of your experience ingame, so things can be adjusted.
For the current state of the main servers, i say, keep the knockback disabled.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

me wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 2:33 Currently and overall, imho, taking this action comes with more advantages. In 2 days with some hours of playing, i only had 1 single time when i got stuck with a teamate at a doorstep melting. Else to me was peacefull and i didnt saw anyone complaining about it.
I see it working, because basicaly i dont get pushed from itens, fired and overthrowed to the front of the enemy, fall in void or out of the way due to others bad aim or side fireing damage, disencourage assholes with bad intentions who stalk you ingame, etc, etc...
It's simple, we know it's a fact that the main servers are overpopulated at rush hours, confusion ingame is frequent and inevitable and conflicts happen between experienced / less experienced players witch leads to many sorts of complaints due only to this simple interaction.
At this point forward, the important is to give feedback of your experience ingame, so things can be adjusted.
For the current state of the main servers, i say, keep the knockback disabled.
But they all scared of you and your multiple identifies, our unfreeze dominitrix dude
oKo*CTHULHU
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: cTh

Post by oKo*CTHULHU »

I played a little longer. a bit, because I couldn't stand it anymore. I am definitely in favor of going back to previous settings. first of all, effective or even silly attacking on this server ceased to exist. People get stuck much more often than usual in corridors, doors, and connectors everywhere. for 20 rounds during 14 I have the trouble to be knowingly or unknowingly blocked by a teammate. you can't move freely. even fighting in larger rooms is more of a problem. someone who thaws and blocks 3 meters of passage at the same time. when playing with eleven people on a server it works really well. BUT. if the servers are full this is another, much bigger problem than the last one. now the game is all about defending your position. I've never wanted to be alone against 2, 3, or even 4 enemies at once so much at once than with these changes. in addition, people who want to pick up red armor or mega-life will have to do nothing but stand in one place. this is a definite further downside. this doesn't work when the server is full. defending ourselves is the only option now. you will not be able to perform a good attack because of your teammates blocking your moves in all possible directions, who, taking one position for a long time, unknowingly interfere with your attack. sniper shots in large crowds of people border on a miracle. someone will always block you when leaning out from behind a corner. these changes would make sense if gigantic maps were played on the server, for example OSP from glacius server, dm15, dm16. everything that has larger corridors, yards, passages or the ability to move freely at high heights. It is terrible to play q3dm7 and q3dm14 on the server. 60% of situations end in flustration and death because the people right behind your back prevented you from turning back, taking your life, escaping spam. to my surprise, the q3dm11 map is also poorly played. I did not think that it would have such a negative or bad effect on moving around the map. the game is terrible. the amount of negative feeling after making changes is overwhelming. honestly, I can't imagine these changes being made permanent. I was skeptical about it from the very beginning but I also wanted to check what it would look like. it looks bad, tragic. Someone may think that I am exaggerating, but no, I am not exaggerating. imagine what the game would look like on really tight dm13 maps. such games do happen, rarely, but still. we play dm6 more often. nobody noticed how bad it is on the lowest floor? ending this sad statement I will not add anything else from myself because everything is higher.
Camaradas Iks De
imprecise
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: imprecise

Post by imprecise »

true for camp items, megahealth, red and yellow armor...

it is also true that problems of blockages between teammates occur more often than before, due to the chat which makes the players static for a time, to the bad placement of the teammates, to the crossings between teammates in the doors and corridors, to the unfreezing of the teammates especially if a teammate comes to stick to you thinking of benefiting from the unfreezing point or assisting you when you are already unfreezing a teammate and blocks you...

despite all this, no longer being pushed, shoved, or dying because of the knockback team remains really pleasant...

I don't dare to propose the possibility of being able to pass through your teammates (as if they were ghosts) because here we are moving a little further away from the game as it was designed...

go back to the previous version of the game, why not... maybe it would be possible to find a compromise by partially reducing the team knockback rather than removing it completely... to try...
"My ability to concentrate is so short that ... Oh a butterfly !"
Agi
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Agi »

This is one of the results of the recent changes.

Dude (hotrod) was camping upon the void on q3dm11, his teammates couldnt push him into the lava, opponents barely figured out, that he was shooting from there.

Game took 32 minutes. 32 minutes of terrible gameplay.

Teammates blocking passages, choke points, you can't even push them.

Need to admit that sometimes I push greedy teammates from items (who are not paying attention to rest and trying to get armor being completly full), it's not even possible now. Wild West.
Attachments
blocked game.png
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

dude I just banned him now and I'll investigate further. well, so far as I see the amount of people intentionally blocking looks significantly smaller (a exception I guess) than the people intentionally pushing before (probably the norm anytime something didn't go their way).
Agi
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Agi »

He wasn't playing like newbie, he was intentionally sabotaging this game. Kinda like Kurwoslav (wherever he is :D).
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

I know that's why I'm banning him and I'll take further steps but I mean, just as you're pointing out yourself, people exploiting the maps/games is nothing new, it's something already happened. it's not this settings fault and it's definitively not a event as frequent as team pushing that it was becoming pretty much the norm on the pubs.
me
User lv3
User lv3

Post by me »

Just came from full server with dm7 to tell about the most pleasant experience i had.
All team in red armour area spaming rockets at my back into the midle corridor (usual nonsense, now even...), where i was in the corner doorway and with that all hell fire in my back i managed peacefully to thaw 2 teammates and even frag 2 enemies ahead. This was completly impossible before, pissed me off big time, where in that situation i was blown away from my route to oblivion because yes, i often tend to go the the front enemy line as tactic and as consequence i get the team bad gameplay aka weapons silly spam. Not to mention the constant, yet, rocket team spam when players reach doorways and corners, that now doesnt have effect.
Besides i saw noone again complaining about disabled knockback. Not a simgle mention about it. Your game seems more objective, without deviating issues from others, where you can now focus more on the enemy without worrying about the mess that teammates around you can do. As for the blockade, didnt had anything special interacting with other players. And even when i have, thats nothing hard to solve, i just jump over or go around. Better this that the whole mess it was having it enabled. I compare this to team damage, must be off. Pub servers arent prepared to deal with it.
OFC i would rather have the most PRO experience from this game, with all good apropriated features granted in diverse map rotation and yes, with knockback enabled, but you have to adapt to this current servers conditions. IMHO its easier and better this way.
With a full server, where was chaos all around, want better benefits?
FilthyPirate
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: FilthyPirate

Post by FilthyPirate »

I have a proposal.. How about a slight knock back? Say, Half of what it was before the change? we ALL do not get what we want, but it would be a good compromise.
YORELito
User lv3
User lv3
in-game nick: cacahuete

Post by YORELito »

I can handle both, I see the positive and negative so I prefer not interfere with the poll but..
If the problem is about players spamming rockets and granades nonsense, why not to keep unfreeze main server with knockback disabled and freefun enabled but only available to players with an average rocket accuracy percentage over 20%(or something) in unfreeze? Or just a filter which will not allow most of one-time players not annoy solid members and to guarantee somehow a quality game.
You can always decide where to play in this case.
oKo*CTHULHU
User lv5
User lv5

Post by oKo*CTHULHU »

as promised we are continuing the discussion here. sorry @me for the delay, better if I speak here with the help of a translator than in the game ineptly complex sentences versus your constructive statements. then maybe let's start from the beginning. I am against the new server settings and would like to return the old ones. why ? for several reasons.

the first one will be to make the defensive game as easy as possible, thus making the offensive game as difficult as possible and favoring the first tactic (DEF). this is perhaps the strongest argument. you know how autobalance works on the server. now imagine the top three players defending one position. you lose against them by a score of 10-2, 10-3. what will people do? put the blame on the game balance. that it is not on the server. the problem is really in freely assuming one position without paying attention to what's going on behind your back. we look at one point and no one will move us. there is a second argument in favor of even more "spammers" for people. noticeably, nothing has changed in their behavior, and it has even aggravated the spam problem. now it is not even known if the opponent is standing just around the corner and is not waiting for us, drowning in a sea of ​​shots that do nothing to him. I think it damages the game a bit. before that, both teams had to be careful about it and it was harder. now it's trivial if you defend. you are completely uninterested in what is happening behind your back. that `s bad.

third reason is the above-mentioned delivery in one place. I mean places strategic for the game, i.e. red armor and mega-life. now it is enough to stand in a given place to steal an item from someone who really needs it. someone who would make better use of the object. of course, opponents will probably say that this is not a problem. that people were pushing each other and fought to obtain red armor. it was and it was good. uncultural game was reported on the forum and the problem was solved. now there will be no such situations. the end of the sentence about the third argument is at the same time an eye for new changes, but I would not see it that way.
we go further.

fourth reason. again, one of the most important is blocking the passage by members of the same team. all doors, tunnels, narrow corridors and passages, stairs cause even more problems than before the changes were introduced. in addition, I am not surprised that they do not give such arguments as when asking people on the server for changes, they find out that they did not notice anything. that's great. we make changes that people don't pay attention to at all. I feel a bit anxious but I won't say more about it. are there any snipers here? The fourth and fifth reason I will write about now applies directly to you and your style of play. So forget about quickly leaning around the corner and taking the frag with an eleven-person team. you have to stay even tighter behind. people will complain even more about spamming RG and doing nothing but camping. the beginning of the round will be the worst for you, but don't worry, you can play at night when no one is there and no one will disturb you from taking a good position or will not curse you in the chat and in your mind because you are doing your job. this is what it looks like, that's why we used to play little as a team and now we have to play even less with a team that can only disturb and tell us how bad players we are.

sixth reason was already but I will repeat it. favoring one style of play is shameful. I cannot accept this. I will hit three good players on the same team and I can easily make a score of 10-0. the other team will feel a little disgusted but it doesn't matter. if they pray to God, maybe on the next map they will have more luck in having a team. (haha). the rest of the time, we often play q3dm14 so you can go straight to the underground, where Jesus is waiting for you. anyone thinks it's no reason / argument ??

how many times someone on the server wrote. "balance in this game does not exist". "OMG nickname1 + nickname2 = and quit"?. whoever plays, knows. few minuses? but have you seen people bug the game lately? they jump into the abyss and won't let the round come to an end. Only a week has passed since the change was introduced and there were already two such reports. the unfriendly prospect of replacing old "normal" submissions with new "unusual" submissions. literally unusual I have never seen anything like it. but someone had to be smart or want to do so much to the detriment of the server.
I would like to write something else but I have already written enough about it. there would be a few more reasons, but I don't want to overdo it and create artificial problems. the most important things have been described. If anyone sees any positives in the new mechanics, please feel free to comment. just take a bit more detail about what's going on because in one sentence you can only say one thing. "Let's restore old settings"

after this post I will not describe the topic in more detail. I can only briefly answer your allegations / reasons / questions. everything is included in the post. anything that indicates a need to change. if someone does not understand these arguments, it means that he does not understand the basic things that have been in the game for 23 years, enjoys favoring his style of play without looking at others (i.e. he is a boor), he is completely indifferent to what people think about it and he has always played alone, or the game simply spends little time on the server / game to have some knowledge. I hope google did a good job and you understand my "thoughts", "scribbles" which I put here because of the large amount of free time and because I care about this server. summary. ---- >>>> let's restore the old settings.
Camaradas Iks De
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

my honest feelings are that you're largely exaggerating things and casting the changes, that by the way let me me remind you that were introduced because they were overweeningly requested by the community not because I randomly felt like it, on a exaggerated negative light like if now everything would be absolutely broken and totally unplayable when probably it's not. as I see it, I believe that the changes has been positive and they even had a positive impact on the community. truth to be told as written on the forum probably for other than you and magi nobody else had that much trouble, matter of facts, I don't even think that for other than you anybody else even complained. I mean, on your own words apparently most didn't even notice to begin with. and even so your complain basically comes to down to what we knew, the changes are not competitive, well, as people appropriately pointed out here, the vast majority of the people that visit the servers are not competitive. matter of facts, a decent number of them probably can't even distinguish between teams to begin with. sure, yes, we all would love that everybody would be a competitive player and that the game would excel at any given shot but that's simply not the reality so you have to adjust the settings for the reality you have and the reality is that the servers not only has been working as usual with these settings that I even noticed some load increment. and once again the two weird reports you're mentioning are indeed just the same guy fake nicking from random connections and they don't even have anything to do with these settings.
oKo*CTHULHU
User lv5
User lv5

Post by oKo*CTHULHU »

as previously mentioned I was skeptical about the changes. I was neutral towards them and did not take any side. first and foremost, I never blamed anyone for taking any action. listen. I care about the community because some people expected me to speak on this topic, which is why I did. I myself have no influence on the "progress" of both the server and the individual people playing on it. I have just presented my opinion once again at greater length. how do i see it. what aspects of the game did this affect. I am absolutely in favor of other people having a chance to speak on this topic. I could also describe the advantages of the whole situation myself, because they are there. it's not that I'm radical in my views and perception of changes. I gave my opinion to the limit because I wanted to do it. you can think what you want. in my opinion, a return to "normal" would be the best option. As I wrote before, no matter what changes would take place, there will always be someone for or against. I will really think carefully about what you want and what you don't want. I understand each side. understand each side. I urge you to vote in the way you consider the most correct. decide how it should be.
Camaradas Iks De
imprecise
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: imprecise

Post by imprecise »

CTHULHU said
there is a second argument in favor of even more "spammers" for people. noticeably, nothing has changed in their behavior, and it has even aggravated the spam problem. now it is not even known if the opponent is standing just around the corner and is not waiting for us, drowning in a sea of ​​shots that do nothing to him. I think it damages the game a bit. before that, both teams had to be careful about it and it was harder. now it's trivial if you defend. you are completely uninterested in what is happening behind your back. that `s bad.
I completely agree with this argument and its consequences...

I also find that at times, it depends on the type of players present, there is even more spam than before because players no longer have to worry about whether they are hindering one or more teammates...
"My ability to concentrate is so short that ... Oh a butterfly !"