drunk_satellite

Other Reports Discussion forum.
drunk_satellite
User lv2
User lv2

drunk_satellite

Post by drunk_satellite »

Hello! I'm trying to log in to the server and I get a message: "You are banned from this server." Why? I didn't seem to have done anything wrong... However, I began to receive this message after changing the Internet provider. Perhaps this is the reason? How do I get out of the ban?
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: drunk_satellite

Post by adminless »

with that nick and with that info I guess that probably is just a false possitive. I probably still have to conduct a much more deep investigation but I think that I should have just fixed that now so give it a try and let me know if you can't still normally access the server. sorry for the inconvenience.
drunk_satellite
User lv2
User lv2

Thanks!
drunk_satellite
User lv2
User lv2

Hi again!
I have another question.
For some reason I can't change my skin in the game on this server. Whatever skin I set in my settings, I still run in the Sarge skin. Why is that? When playing on any other server, I can change skins without any problems.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

just like that I don't know but it looks like a broken installation to me probably. may be try with some of the provided well known tested packages ioq3v6-unfreeze-client-v21.7.zip 32 bit or fpsclasico-client-community-edition.zip 64 bit and see if with those you still experience some issues. they require no installation (just unzip and put your pak0.pk3 file inside the baseq3 folder inside them) and they are independent form your other installations (i.e. you don't need to uninstall anything either). hope that helps.
oKo*CTHULHU
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: cTh

Post by oKo*CTHULHU »

In the options, you can normally 100% unfreeze the client, you do not even need to enter the commands, but if you need them, you have the following. Have you tried with commands in the console?

for example my skin - /seta headmodel "anarki/default"

The commands vary depending on the type of Quake 3 in question, but this should work on ioq3v6 and q3plus .
Camaradas Iks De
drunk_satellite
User lv2
User lv2

adminless wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 20:02 just like that I don't know but it looks like a broken installation to me probably. may be try with some of the provided well known tested packages ioq3v6-unfreeze-client-v21.7.zip 32 bit or fpsclasico-client-community-edition.zip 64 bit and see if with those you still experience some issues. they require no installation (just unzip and put your pak0.pk3 file inside the baseq3 folder inside them) and they are independent form your other installations (i.e. you don't need to uninstall anything either). hope that helps.
Thanks, it kind of helped:-)