[VIDEO] team UnFreeZe vs team community challenge!

fpsclassico community based events and fights.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: team UnFreeZe vs team community challenge!

Post by adminless »

I'm uploading pretty much raw 1440p50 format as it comes out of the workstation with almost no to none processing at all (i.e. files on the order of +1 GB per minute) which is what makes the difference. yes uploading 1080p does take that, a couple of hours per 10 min vid but by 2019 or so that's not even considered "high profile" for YouTube and vids pretty much look like shit (quick first passes). uploading at least 1440p (i.e. 2k) is what makes the difference (hence the difference in processing time, likely, the second slower quality pass) and it's pretty much the same regardless of the codec/format (I tested it long with several clips, it can vary may be a 10 or 15 percent but not a order a magnitude). you can try it uploading 2k and you'll see how it doesn't take just some more time, it takes that an absurd amount of time. anyways, don't worry that for the fight I'll post fpsclasico videos (which does take that a couple of hours) and well as it seems that there's interest this time I won't delay the YouTube release until they are fully processed (i.e. until the 2k version is finished) as the hd version is complete, I'll publish them here so expect may be by the night although as I said they won't probably look good until that some days after.
fau
User lv4
User lv4

Post by fau »

I think 1080p60 is standard for online gaming videos nowadays. This is what most streams offer, and most viewers use 1080p displays anyway. I agree that watching in 2k or 4k gives better quality no matter your resolution simply thanks to higher bitrate, but is it worth waiting 48 hours? I'm not impatient myself, watched some demos already. Just saying my take on this when I'm uploading.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

in my opinion yes it really does, I mean, nowadays (i.e. +2019 probably) it looks to me that YouTube just treat 1080p videos as content for/from mobile devices (i.e. recorded and to be viewed on a phone), no good at least to my standards, and 2k footage just as pre 2019 Full HD (i.e. 1080p) quality video (i.e. two passes high profile codec settings instead of just a quick first pass).
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

Attachments
game1.dm_68
(3.9 MiB) Downloaded 18 times
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

Attachments
game2.dm_68
(3.16 MiB) Downloaded 16 times
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

Attachments
game3.dm_68
(2.98 MiB) Downloaded 16 times
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

Attachments
game4.dm_68
(6.47 MiB) Downloaded 20 times
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok videos up now on YouTube, the fourth will finish/post later (was longer). damn I just watched now the first one and hell that was lit, more worth of a main event than a training I'd said. and btw I think the recording turned better than what I recalled from all the mess, there's still a few things to improve probably, but thing got me really hooked (re)watching it to be honest. can't wait for the fourth game, hot games.
Dr.GreenThumb
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: Dr.GreenThumb

Post by Dr.GreenThumb »

Amazing games, some of those shots... wow, just wow. What a team! ...well, both teams actually, cream of the crop! :clap:

Thanks for the videos :thumbup:
KlarDerAbsahner
User lv3
User lv3

Post by KlarDerAbsahner »

yeah, the Videos are really nice to watch. Thanks!
Unfortunatelly I cannot say whether saturday or sunday is possible for me, as I did not receive any feedback.
I would suggest simply consider me available all weekend. In case the dates collide, I will try to find an excuse. ;D
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

sounds good then I'll poll/notify the team later this evening here by PM and may be we can do this Sunday 21 of march of 2021 at 18:00 CET (UTC+01) this if everything goes fine. thanks for the update, stay tune.
i_cezar
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: Blaze

Post by i_cezar »

adminless wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 17:08 I also promoted blaze from team community to team UnFreeZe so far at least in a effort to have a backup plan shall be the case we can not meet the team. I mean, I think he showed, he completed the full training, he even led team community to a game victory when the circumstances called for it and overall he was probably the toughest opposition to team UnFreeZe both to my personal impression in-game as well as synthetically (although the ranking is by no means perfect, it gives you at least a orientation/idea, he ultimately displayed a synthetically rating/performance on par with plumse and ended with a almost flat record but while playing against the stronger team not while playing for it). my feelings are that he actually earned at least to be selected for the final list as potential player shall he be needed in case of absences.
First of all thank you for organizing this training session, it was quite a thrill to play vs Unfreeze Team. We took the games seriously as we don't get to play vs server's "Team A" in this format very often. I know their skill level from regular unfreeze server games and imo they represent pretty much the best lineup you can come up with(missing players considered). Also thank you for including me (as a backup option) in this team for this incoming bout and for the kind words... I can do arrangements if necessary to be available at almost anytime during the weekends. I had a lot of practice time from regular unfreeze/freefun matches going into this and even performed better in my book than there due to game feeling a bit smoother connection wise. Every member of this community team should also be pleased to have put up a good and productive game session! It felt great playing along side of them. I knew it was a safe play for you to accept orgi's late replacement(and i was glad that you did) in team community with ironmonkey. He got 2 first placings in our team. There is one regret for me: i forgot to record the last map's demo somehow, i wish i could rewatch some of the shots from my pov. This feeling got a bit sweeter though after seing the videos you posted. Good job! These will be some good memories..
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

@fau ok frozen roaming disabled since this morning at all the UnFreeZe servers so check it out along the day when you can and try to exploit it with no end to the best of your ability and let me know if that's finally appropriate. as said roaming is still allowed for a few seconds (10 secs) once unfrozen just for "consistence". I could probably also nudge that if necessary but I think it would come out really weird beside as I said I highly doubt that roaming for a few secs to get to know the situation before spawning is really that important (while frozen sure it was especially when combined with communication as you pointed). overall I would consider that "fair" and part of the game at the end of the day as I said you would probably hurt your team more by doing that than just by spawning "right away" (i.e. forcing them to play at a disadvantage and at this level of competitiveness virtually every second matters plus risking a shitty solo spawn later too, no good trust me). additionally as I checked that as a bonus I also implemented duel alike logic to the spectator so now recording this should be a no brainier (pretty much just start the demo, switch player a few times/from time to time, and stop demo, it should pretty much record by itself even if I'm doing something else) in addition to finally making the server lot more enjoyable to spec. definitively worth checking that out too. ok for any issues let me know as usual.
Liza
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Liza »

adminless wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:59 frozen roaming disabled since this morning
I hope it will be fixed back after the match.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

why? I really see no point in that (other than that, to gain a unfair advantage), honestly, I think fau suggestion was probably the correct behavior for that.