Glacius evenings - New Start

fpsclassico community based events and fights.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: Glacius evenings - New Start

Post by adminless »

then Friday the 29 20:30 CET is your date and be welcome to the forum at last.
nattvday
User lv3
User lv3
in-game nick: oKo*Mango/Mango/nattvday

Post by nattvday »

Thank you! <3 :)
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok, following the tremendous success of previous meetings (server full) and in light of the current restrictions/curfews/lockdowns worldwide due the health situation after analyzing metrics I announce here that by now I think I'm gonna setup the well know server (UnFreeZe3) for another glacius meeting the Sundays from 19:15 CET to 21:45 CET in a effort to bring a better balance and experience regardless of the outcome. as I said, the glacius Friday meeting will stick around for good, at least until March regardless of the outcome, the Sunday meetings will start tomorrow from 19:15 CET to 21:45 CET and then it will be evaluated from week to week, at least, initially. probably I'll leave it for a couple of weeks at least, if it turns out it's not working then I'll stick to the Friday meetings only though in my opinion under the current circumstances I think there should be margin to setup two meetings initially. I believe this should give more continuity to the custom maps rotation as well as more variation/balance overall in addition to make it more comfortable for the people interested to attend (i.e. may be for some reason someone may not be available at one date but then make it at the other). so that's all for now here.
Liza
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Liza »

adminless wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 21:58 another glacius meeting the Sundays from 19:15 CET to 21:45 CET
Great (expected) decision considering the success of the previous events. I put a message in telegram (there were 34 visitors, however, only 4 subscribers). And made some announcements on both main servers.

I'm thinking of some other content to the channel. Maybe some tips on unfreeze game strategy for average visitors.
I do not feel myself as an extraordinary quake player, but that might be usefull for average players.
It is important to have a channel that provides such 'hot' news directly to smartphone.
Join via the link:
https://t.me/GlaciusQ3
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

well overall I think it was another success, probably it wasn't as crowded as the Friday but considering I just came out with that yesterday (so not everybody knew) the server hitting the target 12-18 players load during the whole session (i.e. 2.5 hours) is definitively a success. also on the upside the players rotation was much higher than on Fridays (when for the most part it's just almost always all the same people during the whole session) and you got to play more maps than just the "top" glacius maps. giving all that and the fact that spacius isn't even really meant for +12 players games (approx) I confirm here that the Sundays 19:15 CET-21:45 CET glacius session will stay at least for some weeks more.
Agi
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Agi »

Does anyone have problem with map Bloodconvenant?

It's glitching my q3 :/ I see throughout walls. In my baseq3 I have big amount of maps. Maybe someone had same problem?

Not so long ago I played on this map on some excessive plus server and it was okay.

Maybe the best option will be cleaning baseq3 but I still hope that someone has solution.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

just use one of the provided packages ioq3v6-unfreeze-client-v20.5a.zip or fpsclasico-client-community-edition.zip whichever works better for you/your system and (hopefully) all should just work as expected. no need to uninstall and/or figure out anything else and they are independent (i.e. you can even have both installed, recommended in fact). all that is needed to do is just put your pak0.pk3 file inside the baseq3 folder and double click your preferred version.
Agi
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Agi »

Thanks a lot. Liza said that I prolly need update. It cleared my mind.

this didn't do

for everyone who was struggling with my problem of bloodcovenant

Im playing this map on other servers so I had conflict with adminless' version. Solution is : put original of author's to baseq3 and adminless' version to unfreeze folder.
Agi
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Agi »

updated solved problem
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

that was a good solution to be honest. btw as an update here as I followed the server I think that probably this dual Fridays/Sundays glacius meeting setup is the proper one. as I see it I think that finally this is going, as mentioned, may be for whatever the reason is one date may not work out as good (like the past friday that faded way soon) but then the other one covers up for that (like today that though it started a bit slow it ended up strong and setting the mood for the next one) providing a overall better and more complete solution and what's more important, rotation (people is finally starting to come and go to this server as it should ever be) and continuity. thus in light of that I confirm now that I reviewed it and I'll stick to this current glacius setup as long as it makes sense so both dates will be available until new revision (at least another month more, mid-march).
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

Dude I got a real funny internet link , it doesn't let.me download from FTP link , is there another method , sure I can swap links temporarily to my phone but that's even longer lol
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

sure you can download any file within the ftp via regular https just by changing the protocol link, in fact you can even browse the entire ftp.fpsclasico.de through https protocol and download anything you want/need there. I make ftp default for downloads as it even its name implies it's generally a much better option for file transfers (lot better throughput and lot more reliable) though for that matter (for example lightweight browsers generally don't implement ftp) the https protocol is also available.
oKo*Lisa
User lv2
User lv2

Post by oKo*Lisa »

It was probably expected that the activity on Glacius wouldn't be the same as at the beginning, but I would like this server to work further, because there are not so many maps on the main server and I want variety
But one has to understand why Glacius has become less popular
Even I haven't played all the time myself last times :oops:

Someone may disagree with me, but maybe in the future, instead of Sunday, the server will work on Saturday?
Most of the players are adults and work 5/2
On Friday, almost everyone has plans for the evening and not everyone will choose the game
Also playing late on Sunday and then getting up early on Monday for work is not a good idea
Maybe this is just my problem, because I live in a different time zone (GMT +3), but still it seems to me that Saturday would be the perfect day for Glacius (+ Friday)

I would also like to propose a vote before the start of the game on the choice of maps or discuss on the forum which maps we don't like and remove them, because there are those maps that no one likes, and when they come across, the players leave

In any case, I want to say a big thank you to Adminless for your work :clap:
I have been playing on the server not so long ago (approximately since October), but I fell in love with it very quickly and I still play
And with Glacius interest only increased, so I want this server to remain and improve :angel:
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

no problem thanks for the feedback. well I picked those dates based on activity metrics, those dates are when the activity here, overall, is the highest and I think that they worked pretty well, even more then expected I'd said. lot more than on Saturdays, my feelings are that Saturdays are generally a lot more afk day than Sunday evenings when most people is home just "chilling" (i.e. gaming) to get to work tomorrow. yes, unfortunately on your time zone 19:15-21:45 CET can be a bit late (21:15-23:45 Moskva/Rossiya time I guess) for a Sunday but on central Europe that's the prime time of the week in fact so it's hard to adjust that unfortunately. anyways whatever the case is don't worry that glacius will stick for long (I mean, with meetings like these not 24/7 as before and for good reasons) so we'll see. as for the maps sure I'm also open (I mean don't take it personally if I'm not always the most "friendly" guy here and/or if I just simply disagree later) to suggestions though overall again as with the dates I feel like that's the best glacius can do. I think all the current maps on the galcius rotation are A+ grade kind of assets.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok, not trying to be that guy yet again but as perfectly foreseen like for the eleven time already, once the "new" thing wore off just after a few months (i.e. barely a "dozen" or so of meetings) glacius activity dropped significantly with nowadays meetings doing probably barely a couple of players more than what spacius do on a regular basis at best if not some of them mostly death and/or completely death for the most part at worst while the main servers doing 400+ different unique players a day and counting even the lesser ctf server included going and growing strong on a daily basis. anyways, just saying, not that it really bothers me simply pointing out that fact, as said, these glacius meetings will stick for long nevertheless and on the upside this at least settled once and for all those guys still asking for custom maps (and/or make a eventual answer to such request trivial) which to be honest is what really do bothers me a lot more.

ok, so with that being said the purpose of this message beside being my usual annoying self is to announce the new summer time schedules for the glacius meeting here. then to better accommodate the current change to daily saving time on the central European zone (CEST UTC+02) I announce that the Sunday glacius meeting start time has been delayed fifteen minutes to 19:30 and that the endings has also been extended half hour for the Friday meeting (until midnight) and 45 minutes for the sunday (until 22:30). the start times were mostly keep in a effort to better accommodate the schedules for far east players (like Rossiya for example). ok, then probably until a new time change the glacius meeting schedules will be Fridays 20:30-00:00 CEST (UTC+02) and Sundays 19:30-22:30 CEST (UTC+02).

have fun :thumbsup: