Glacius evenings - New Start

fpsclassico community based events and fights.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Re: Glacius evenings - New Start

Post by PacMan »

As we can see , the more we promote the forum , the more find out , maybe a message when a game ends showing forum address or something would be more helpful than just in console

After all we have to manually tell people about forum and I assume there has been a recent uptake on it ?
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

can think about it though overall the forum is already printed on the server info at the start of each game as well as even on the own servers name you have the domain, fpsclasico.de (i.e. the server is named unfreeze.fpsclasico.de, or .eu which is the same btw, that should be clear enough), which basically forwards you here. in my opinion that should more than suffice and any further efforts could be considered "spam". also to be honest, there's already more than 150 registered users and probably other 50 unregistered guests, with likely around 50 or so guys active on a weekly basis here, in my opinion, those are ok figures. as on previous point, I don't really think that the forum/forum efforts are the ones to blame here, people do already know about it.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5

Post by PacMan »

adminless wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 13:53 can think about it though overall the forum is already printed on the server info at the start of each game as well as even on the own servers name you have the domain, fpsclasico.de (i.e. the server is named unfreeze.fpsclasico.de, or .eu which is the same btw, that should be clear enough), which basically forwards you here. in my opinion that should more than suffice and any further efforts could be considered "spam". also to be honest, there's already more than 150 registered users and probably other 50 unregistered guests, with likely around 50 or so guys active on a weekly basis here, in my opinion, those are ok figures. as on previous point, I don't really think that the forum/forum efforts are the ones to blame here, people do already know about it.

You will be assimilated

Just a side thing, how about you do the warm match next fight , someone has to freeze you!

But ok , althought I meant a join forum message thing, but I get you not problem
9ll Belarus
User lv4
User lv4

Post by 9ll Belarus »

Do you wanna make spasius popular? It`s simple ☺
Use only popular map. I like only one there: edge from Q2.

One, two maps are enough to start.

I think if a map is good, but new to the player, it takes time to fall in love with the new map. And so that the whole team would accept it.

If the maps change as in the Caledoiscope, people will leave the server.

PS
We already hade expierance whis huge map on the main serever.
KOTOVSKI
User lv2
User lv2

Post by KOTOVSKI »

...so sure given there's still some interested I'll can set another glacius meetings (hopefully there was no issues whatsoever and everything worked) from time to time (let's say weekly/every other week), no big deal...
adminless thank you for your work. Glacious is FUN :> I hope people will play there more (including myself). I'm gonna try to advertise it too
hurrenson
User lv3
User lv3

Post by hurrenson »

Next time I'll be probably there too. Wasn't aware at all that glacius meetings made come back.
Liza
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Liza »

I suggest using telegram channel for organizing Glacius evenings. I will notify the subscribers on the time of the New Glacius evenings.

Please, join via the link:
https://t.me/GlaciusQ3

P.S. Telegram is a smartphone app similar to WhatsApp. However, it gives more anonymity. Nobody can see the nicknames of subscribers of the channel except administrator (me). Even administrator can't see telephone number or any other personal info. Anyway, I promise not to tell anybody the nicknames.
The app is used by the demonstrators in Belarus to coordinate its actions and the government can't do anything efficient against it.
...jutuli...
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: ...jutuli...

Post by ...jutuli... »

hurrenson wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 19:46 Next time I'll be probably there too. Wasn't aware at all that glacius meetings made come back.
Omg noooo! No Corona on Spacius/Glacius...;)
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5

Post by PacMan »

...jutuli... wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:22
hurrenson wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 19:46 Next time I'll be probably there too. Wasn't aware at all that glacius meetings made come back.
Omg noooo! No Corona on Spacius/Glacius...;)
We need Mr Corona
9ll Belarus
User lv4
User lv4

Post by 9ll Belarus »

Liza wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 21:58 Even administrator can't see telephone number
Administrator can't see. Major KGB can :lol:
the demonstrators in Belarus to coordinate its actions
That is why the demonstrators in Belarus have failed.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

ok guys as I see that there's actually demand/interest for this at the moment I announce here that, first as requested (approx) the training2 server (see) will load ospdm1 from now onward and, additionally, that I'll set up the well know server (i.e. UnFreeZe3) for another glacius meeting this Friday 15 of January of 2021 from 20:30 CET to 23:30 CET regardless of the outcome so make sure to not miss it!
Liza
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Liza »

adminless wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 22:16 I'll set up the server (i.e. UnFreeZe3) for another glacius meeting this Friday 15 of January of 2021 from 20:30 CET to 23:30 CET
Great news! Should look like this.

Please, join the telegram channel, to receive notification on your smartphone directly:
https://t.me/GlaciusQ3
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5

Post by PacMan »

adminless wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 22:16 ok guys as I see that there's actually demand/interest for this at the moment I announce here that, first as requested (approx) the training2 server (see) will load ospdm1 from now onward and, additionally, that I'll set up the well know server (i.e. UnFreeZe3) for another glacius meeting this Friday 15 of January of 2021 from 20:30 CET to 23:30 CET regardless of the outcome so make sure to not miss it!
Forum active to you will need to have less sleep soon
Dr.GreenThumb
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: Dr.GreenThumb

Post by Dr.GreenThumb »

Tonight is the night!! :clap:
KOTOVSKI
User lv2
User lv2

Post by KOTOVSKI »

I have a weird habit to search UnFreeze servers through an in-game server browser. But, what IP should I use to connect to glacius directly through the console?