Teamspeak

UnFreeZe/FreeFUn/glacius Game Servers forum.
KlarDerAbsahner
User lv3
User lv3

Teamspeak

Post by KlarDerAbsahner »

Sarching for german players to join me, playing with Teamspeak.

Using For instance this server:
Gamereplays.org
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: Teamspeak

Post by adminless »

hey I don't speak German but that's cool hope you find some mates. I have some spare space here at this site may be some day I should try creating one such server here if there's interest enough.
hurrenson
User lv3
User lv3

Post by hurrenson »

Maybe you have better luck with discord. There's the one from Kotovski. There are even at least 2 german speakers there... sometimes -_-
Also, what's the need? The only positive aspect i see: I could call people and teams nuubi in voicechat too? :D

If you miss the typical unfreeze player talking in voicechat, have this ancient meme:
KlarDerAbsahner
User lv3
User lv3

Teamspeak is a big advantage in a game when you are a good teamplayer. Allthough i have mixed feelings towards dead people talking :/

On the other hand quake III is such a fast game that it is very hard to keep alliance updated about actions of enemy.
I think teamspeak is most valuable when planning attacking together. Which makes both players 2 times stronger in a 2v2 or a map with few players only.

Does anyone have a good idea on how we can coordinate a frequent meeting on teamspeak?

Getting old and need to compensate reaction time with coordination (and strategy) :think:

@adminless:
I appreciate your willingness for helping. I think we should first simply use a 3rd party teamspeak, as it most likely will turn out to be a little to none used suggestion. If it turns out to be an success, we can still move teamspeak server or show 3rd party teamspeak on your homepage
d0csnyder
User lv2
User lv2

Post by d0csnyder »

Im in on it, Ich hau dich an wenn wir mal zusammen aufm Server sind. Ich spiel immer unter dem nick "jan". Compensate reaction time through tactics... :> i hear you brother .)
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

ok, one of the things I had in mind with this year server upgrade was to finally start with a teamspeak server as already hinted here. initially I had planned to come up with that at least already included on day one of the new machine, around the time of jan's post btw and therefore brought it as answer here. unfortunately as usual I got screwed big time overseeing the whole thing, which I think it was way more important, and apparently it turns out that I have missed the deadline for something like several months already here. I'm terrible sorry for this unacceptable delay that was very low key and unacceptable from me, unacceptable.

ok, so being said that, hopefully finally this week I finished with overseeing and setting up all that was still (marginally) left from the previous installment and, generally, I think we all should be pretty satisfied with how it turned out. in addition to all that to "complete" this season updates today I finally deployed also a in-house fpsclasico teamspeak sever at addresses ts3.fpsclasico.de and ts3.fpsclasico.eu. as usual, both routes are available, here is probably less critical, though, in eventual cases of packet loss, they can also be handy, as well as full dual IPv4/IPv6 connectivity. the join port is just the 9987 TeamSpeak3 standard one and it shouldn't even be necessary to specify it anyways.

so far, this is a blind installation, I mean, other than just basic network diagnostic I haven't even tested it myself. to be honest, I have never used teamspeak, ever, and I don't even have it installed and, quite frankly, I don't pretend to start doing it now just because of this either so I would really appreciate if some of you, that are frequent teamspeak users, give a try and let me know if the installment is at least, functional. currently is pretty much a "standard" installation so I conducted a few connectivity tests and had a basic look at the documentation and I suppose that it should just work. the thing looks pretty powerful so just as with the webchat (that I did test and I'm more experienced with) I think that by now "keep it simple" is probably the best shot for this rather than spend (rather waste) heaps of time setting up over complicated installments when they are later never going to be really end up being used at best if not end up alienating the few people that show up at worst.

as with the rest of the things here, if on the future this really ends up being used and there's really a need for a more complex policy or settings it will just be reviewed, no big deal. from what I saw so far I think that initially I should of be able to manage/handle that from here to some extend at least. if not, probably I can just give regular in-room admin rights to a couple of regular funders given there's enough activity. at the end of the day the whole thing is hosted in-house so if things finally end up not working out I still retain full ownership/rights over the instance and such rights can be revoked any time if necessary. no problem, it's not like something that is gonna compromise the whole thing.

and that's it by now, hopefully I think that this finally should settle the things for this season when it comes to the services/installment. I think this is, to some extend, always just to some extend, finally complete so as usual, please give it a try and let me know if I unceremoniously missed something or if there's something missing/wrong with this teamspeak server installment.

have fun and take care guys
Dr.GreenThumb
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: Dr.GreenThumb

Post by Dr.GreenThumb »

adminless wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 0:29 I'm terrible sorry for this unacceptable delay that was very low key and unacceptable from me, unacceptable.
As usual, you are being way to hard on yourself 8-) ...the many things you do here for free (basically everything), and it even costs you your own personal money, I doubt anyone is in the position to say anything about any delay.

Like you, I have never used Teamspeak either, but I did read others asking about in chat multiple times. I'll direct them here when the subject comes up next.

Thanks!
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

Dr.GreenThumb wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 20:51
adminless wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 0:29 I'm terrible sorry for this unacceptable delay that was very low key and unacceptable from me, unacceptable.
As usual, you are being way to hard on yourself 8-) ...the many things you do here for free (basically everything), and it even costs you your own personal money, I doubt anyone is in the position to say anything about any delay.

Like you, I have never used Teamspeak either, but I did read others asking about in chat multiple times. I'll direct them here when the subject comes up next.

Thanks!

You just need to read team chat basic stuff first lol then move on to bigger stuff , noob
Dr.GreenThumb
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: Dr.GreenThumb

Post by Dr.GreenThumb »

alyeti wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 23:50 You just need to read team chat basic stuff first lol then move on to bigger stuff , noob
:shock: :o :?

...yes Sir! :wtf:
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

Lol
KlarDerAbsahner
User lv3
User lv3

Very nice. Just had a look at the new Teamspeak server. :clap:
Also the link at the unfreeze statistic page is very important, so people get aware of it. Never played quake III with teamspeak. I am very curious how it turns out.
:thumbup: