community summer 24 event

Quake III Arena classic game servers forum.

what date/s would suit you to play a ctf event next week?

Poll ended at Thu Aug 22, 2024 23:08

Tuesday 20 of August of 2024 21:00 CEST (UTC+02)
28%
Wednesday 21 of August of 2024 21:00 CEST (UTC+02)
12%
Thursday 22 of August of 2024 21:00 CEST (UTC+02)
16%
Sunday 25 of August of 2024 16:00 CEST (UTC+02)
8%
Sunday 25 of August of 2024 21:00 CEST (UTC+02)
36%

Total votes: 25

adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

community summer 24 event

Post by adminless »

ok now that I mostly finished with all the sever updates for this year I though that it would be a good idea to open another thread for some more/alternative events for the summer as usual so I just open this thread here to discuss about it and then see if there's interest in organising some of those and what might happen. as usual I think the initial idea/expectation would be mostly to organise a ffa and/or a ctf game, still to determine of course depending in the turnout/interest, but I believe eventually both could be organised during this summer. as usual given there's interest other options are possible, like some casual duel games or even another small ctf or masters tournament, everything still to determine of course. finally given the interest in the last UnFreeZe community game I think that it was high there's even the possibility for another casual UnFreeZe community game so as usual I just open the poll/thread and those interested just feel free to vote, comment and sign up here. finally needless to say in case in the next 1-2 weeks nothing really happens then it just won't happen and for the rest I believe that by now people already should more than know what all this is about and how this go so those just not in the same page feel free to skip this and do not waste everybody's time, yours included, with another 10 more pages of drama that won't lead you anywhere here.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Re: community summer 24 event

Post by PacMan »

Yeah but even if they all say no , please list an event with earlier time meaning given the option on vote , maybe a Sunday morning or Sunday 4pm
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

Sunday morning won't typically work out even for me. yes I think that given the case Sunday 16:00 CEST could probably be added as a option once what's to be played (to determine) has been been established so we'll see. ok, as usual I'll note then as a backup by now if you want and we'll determine it later.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5

Post by PacMan »

Sure thanks
oKo*CTHULHU
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: cTh

Post by oKo*CTHULHU »

@Pacman we can make ctf team with name " FuuTeam " ))
Camaradas Iks De
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5

Post by PacMan »

oKo*CTHULHU wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 21:15 @Pacman we can make ctf team with name " FuuTeam " ))
Ctu.fu
Pac.fu

Temporary clan
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

sorry for the late update here but I was still busy this week running some more extensive 24/7 hard disk and system tests/benchmarks for the new server/instalment to ensure this will keep running at optimal standing for the time to come and since there was no real timeline and the input was low here, quite frankly, I just got caught on that. ok so it looks like the initial poll finally ended this weekend and the result was kind of "inconclusive". I assume the only clear from the results is that there's no interest in any duels, just as expected, and I think it's obvious there's no enough people/teams to run any sort of ctf tournament again by now. for the rest I think that then it comes down to a ctf and ffa event as initially planned beside a potential UnFreeZe community warmup game. ok, given that I guess that then the following now more concise events and schedules can be attempted for this summer:
  • event: ctf community game
    • maps: q3ctf2 , dboxctf2a , crewctf , q3wctf2 , japanctf
    • format: five casual 6vs6 or more classic ctf games scored at 7 captures or 20 minutes
    • target: 12-14 players minimum
    • expected timeline: from Monday 15 of July of 2024 till Wednesday 31 of July of 2024
  • event: ffa community game
    • maps: 13excave , ospdm1 , bal3dm3 , bloodcovenant , phantq3dm4
    • format: five casual all-weapons custom ffa games scored at 65 frags or 15 minutes
    • target: around 10-12 players approx
    • expected timeline: from Thursday 1 of August of 2024 till Thursday 15 of August of 2024
  • event: UnFreeZe community game
    • maps: qfraggel2a , 6++ , overkill , 7++ , poq3dm5
    • format: five casual 6vs6 or more community UnFreeZe games
    • target: 12-14 players minimum
    • expected timeline: from Friday 16 of July of 2024 till Saturday 31 of July of 2024
ok and I think that should be it so now I'll open another poll for the first event here and then we'll see how it plays out. I think the procedure can be to at least attempt to organise all three events in that order, as usual if it happens and there's enough people to meet the target (i.e. at least 12-14 people for the team games) and if it doesn't then simply go for the smaller ffa event and in case of overlap in some of the team games then obviously with preference for ctf that it only gets played casually from time to time as opposed to UnFreeZe that it's more of a regular thing. ok so I just updated the thread poll here with potential dates for the next week so now make sure to vote on those and to sign up here to note you in to participate as so far (i.e. weeks after) I only have pacman noted as backup.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

as an update on this we're at weekend already and the poll has barely got a few votes besides for other than PacMan (and even so just as backup) nobody has really joined this. additionally I also invited champi in case he could bring some guys for a ctf game this week but unfortunately he seems unavailable this time. given all that I think that it has already been several weeks so probably the best is just to call it quits here and then leave the thread open in case there happens to span new interest in organize one of those later on as by now I don't even see a party enough to even organize one of the smaller ffa games.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5

Post by PacMan »

adminless wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 22:48 as an update on this we're at weekend already and the poll has barely got a few votes besides for other than PacMan (and even so just as backup) nobody has really joined this. additionally I also invited champi in case he could bring some guys for a ctf game this week but unfortunately he seems unavailable this time. given all that I think that it has already been several weeks so probably the best is just to call it quits here and then leave the thread open in case there happens to span new interest in organize one of those later on as by now I don't even see a party enough to even organize one of the smaller ffa games.
You could relax and keep it, that way nothing to poll later it's already done for whatever date
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

as I wrote, I'll keep the thread open and then we'll see if renew interest spawns later on along the summer in some of the proposed events (i.e. it's not like I'm "cancelling" anything, I'm just stating the obvious that it's just not happening so far for those following this like you). if it does (i.e. if at least 8-12 people sign up here during the summer), fantastic some of the events will go on, otherwise I guess we'll just move on to a new potential UnFreeZe season after the summer and that will be it about this so we'll see. I mean, I'll just stop "spamming" this at this point, nothing more.
champi
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: Champi

Post by champi »

adminless wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 22:48 as an update on this we're at weekend already and the poll has barely got a few votes besides for other than PacMan (and even so just as backup) nobody has really joined this. additionally I also invited champi in case he could bring some guys for a ctf game this week but unfortunately he seems unavailable this time. given all that I think that it has already been several weeks so probably the best is just to call it quits here and then leave the thread open in case there happens to span new interest in organize one of those later on as by now I don't even see a party enough to even organize one of the smaller ffa games.
I just need my nordvpn whitelisted so I can play in Europe, I'm currently having severe routing problems to fpsclassico and I'm not playing with 250 ping lol. It's not unusual to Happen , Claro Fiber is notoriously unstable and has lame routing , that's why i've been using vpns to play in Europe for over 5 years. Don't expect much from me though , last time I've played Quake 3 was in May.
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

Post by fernandinho1337 »

back from vacation and I would be in if it is still happening
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok, we'll see, as said by now I believe that we're not even five for this, may be some of that can be played along August or after the summer vacations before the fall if some more people show up.
Gladiat0r
User lv3
User lv3
in-game nick: GLADIAT0R

Post by Gladiat0r »

i am in for a ffa or unfreeze game
tubylec
User lv2
User lv2

Post by tubylec »

Hi, I'm interested in all the matches. As for the time, I can adjust to the others. :)