UnFreeZe Servers vsp players stats/rank

UnFreeZe Game Servers News forum.
tar
User lv4
User lv4

Re: UnFreeZe Servers vsp players stats/rank

Post by tar »

I cannot use his mod as I have different models with that and a different score board which I dont like. I make some screenshots later.
newb.zi (stats · system)
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

tar wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 17:24 What is unlagged mod? Google gives me an excessive mod and a strange article about C++ code.
I know you somehow asked me about this a couple of days ago (when the ioq3 thing) and I missed to answer you there, sorry about that. well, from the own original author, Neil "Haste" Toronto, you can have a read at its official documentation here. I'm also aware that this has been a subject of discussion at the server so I'll answer that here, to doesn't get too technical in short what that does is create a buffer of player states (i.e. players positions) in the server that are used in the frame (time) of reference of the client at the moment of detecting the clients hits for insta weapons (mg, sg, lg, rg) is therefor not used in missile weapons since that would be way too inconsistent (i.e. that would mean that the rocket you're seeing is not even really there and you wouldn't even have a fair chance to dodge it etc).

to make it even simple and in simple words, from your perspective basically what that does is make your shots with the insta weapons like if they were on lan (hence the unlagged name and instead of at server time when server received your command, shot, and people has already moved. at that time server uses its buffer to make the hit calculation at the time you issued the command instead hence effectively compensating your ping). the whole thing is on the mod you all are playing here and is enabled for everybody regardless of weather they use my mod or not (since hit detection happens in the server, before some patches some weeks ago there was a functionality I wasn't aware of that made that the unlagged code it was only on for people with the mod, or unlagged derivatives, but I remark now full lag compensation is on for everybody, most notably, osp/cpma).

now to exemplify the most common quotes:

-inconsistent hits/I was shot from a corner etc derivatives (from hitted client): well that's well answered in the documentation there but in short I also mentioned this at other times already well you can not accurately (of course to some extend, we understand us here) judge other players games form your perspective for the single reason that you're in different frame times. as a side quote to this, hey but this is shit/it's unfair: well it's as fair as it also happen when you make your shots, it make you easier to hit as it makes other easier to be hit by you, so it's both ways, therefor it's fair.

-I made a perfect shot and it missed/I missed a shot and it hit this is buggy af (from your actual perspective): that one is also answered in the documentation there but well this is a tricky one, let's see, the biggest problem here is yes for people doesn't using the mod (or a unlagged derivatives unless that I'm aware of, the truth is that I didn't code osp/cpma and therefor i don't know how those mods deal with this) because my mod (unlagged derivatives) draw the insta weapon shots like if the were on local (i.e. immediately) and doesn't wait for the server response with the weapon event to draw it (as it happens in normal q3/osp but not really sure about cpma, cpma I believe that it behaves like this too, it does still wait for the actual hit detection though since of course that happens at the server) therefor making the whole thing consistent. so to make it simple the problem here are the weapon effects (i.e. rail/shaft trail etc) that you're now seeing delayed instead, at server time, rather than at your own frame time (i.e. locally) that's (the frame time) what the server is using to detect the hit and therefor creating that "impression" that you're seeing a rail trail crossing a enemy now but when you really pressed the button you didn't hit (and viceversa, you actually did hit at that moment but when received the server response, at least your average ping time actually, and things drawed they were in a different state and therefor it looked like it didn't but it obviously did). over the years lot of people wired their brains to "compensate" for that time difference from when they pressed a button and when the actual shot happened so I know it's a tricky thing. to summarize the long point here, aim at what you're seeing on the screen right at the moment of shooting and not preempting at how things will look like at the time of seeing the weapons effects and as counter measure to that as neil himself suggest try shortening your rail trails, \cg_railTrailTime 100, to try to alleviate a bit that phenomenon (important note only applies if you're not using the provided mod or another mod with that functionality please do not get messed up).

well, I believe that that should cover the issue for the most part for the rest the server also has another further improvements in that matter that I believe that overall they make the hit detection very consistent. and to finish with this off just a quick answer without entering into soo much detail the problems you commented me about the provided ioQ3 1.33 vs your 1.36 I believe that they are more or less in that fashion, yes they have very different input/output routines (mouse/screen/sound) and therefor different responses, latencies, so it's normal that if you were used to the feeling of 1.36 now playing this one will feel off, the interesting thing here is that is actually the newer revisions that changed that behavior and introduced the latency (i.e. added lag) so if have someone used to original Quake 3 (i.e. most people) and have them play 1.36 they will tell you the opposite thing, that the thing is lagged (and it's). of course, the difference is minimal and most likely it would go unnoticed for most people (although even I not really being a player can tell, may be because of my technical skills in part I believe) yet of course it's more than enough for a veteran skilled player to tell.

anyways as always I put the things there and let know about, I'm not trying to force anyone to use anything or trying to changes anyone peoples mind at this time, that's the good thing, people is free to believe what they want and use whatever they want I'm fine with that.

and as for the rest sure the accuracy like I said I'm gonna be working in bringing that soon and then I may consider about the damages for future updates I remark like I'm saying, may be. and yes I also understand your disappointment with some situations, well things that happens, at least I believe that all that we could do about, we already did it and well overall I also think that this thing (the stats/rank) improve the player experience (i.e. made you better by giving you actual feedback) and the peoples engagement, not that I ever had the intention to turn this really competitive (thought to be honest it already had turned at least mild competitive in its own) but I believe them to be positive aspects.

see you both, take care
onlycape
User lv3
User lv3

Post by onlycape »

adminless wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:49 well I finally took another day yesterday to really finish this off because at the end I believe that it would save me more time to do it now and get everything altogether rather than having to deal with this at a later time and have to get back at it. so I improved the overall design to make it look more clean and "modern" (quite obvious that one I think, better display in modern monitors, for a "alternative" aspect ratio in 16:9 try the cyber-wide skin) and added the requested thaw stats in the profiles page as you can see in the attached screenshot :P so now you have printed there the thaws per game stat (no need to calculate it hehe) and most importantly the thaw ratio which point in a percentage how "compromised" a player is with thawing (in your case a lot hehe) being 100% someone who never kills (only thaws) and 0% someone who never thaws (only kills) and then any value in between (i.e. 50% someone equally compromised between killing and thawing) typically ranging between 20-35 % (i.e. 25%).
Great!!. Thanks for the new features.
adminless wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:49 that's all, have fun and enjoy and btw it looks like I was wrong and your rank didn't significantly went up hehe my bad, after being checking some stats here last days I believe that the problem with your stats is that you die and you do it a lot hehe so i believe that that's what's keeping you down, just saying.
True, I die a lot !!. I have to improve my poor hability to dodge. Now I'm an easy prey and some players know it :) .
But I'm not worried about the ranking (maybe a little :D ). I like to see my evolution in the statistics and above all, relax for a while playing (if there is not some troll touching the .... ).

And only one question. Does the statistics system take into account when we are in spectator mode?

Best Regards.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

haha np that's fine then :D mmm didn't personally tested that but yes I believe that they should.

haven fun, see you :)

PS: @tar off-topic unfreeze mod files discussion moved here
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

Post by fernandinho1337 »

onlycape wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 19:40 True, I die a lot !!. I have to improve my poor hability to dodge. Now I'm an easy prey and some players know it :) .
But I'm not worried about the ranking (maybe a little :D ). I like to see my evolution in the statistics and above all, relax for a while playing (if there is not some troll touching the .... ).
are there any guides out to help the "newbies" - maybe that would be an idea for this forum. there are enough good people who may give guidance on lots of issues ;-)

best regards
onlycape
User lv3
User lv3

Post by onlycape »

fernandinho1337 wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 14:25
are there any guides out to help the "newbies" - maybe that would be an idea for this forum. there are enough good people who may give guidance on lots of issues ;-)

best regards
Thank you for your advice. Yes, I have read some guides, but, you know, the "secret" is practice, practice and ..... . I come from playing urban terror ctf (I like the strategic component) and q3 has a faster pace, other weapons and other movements.
Twenty years ago, I was playing quake 2 with my friends on lan, and I was a "decent player", but all we were newbies :D .

I agree with you. A guide or a FAQ could be a good idea for the forum. Some players seems dont know the rules of freezetag, others dont know what to do when "see" a cheater, ... . But first, the server needs some reference to the forum (maybe in the scores table or load map screen? ).

Best regards
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

hey hello buddy

long time don't post here too bad I had to put time in other things first hehe

yes, I know, I know that's bad of me one day I would have to write some server documentation (well or just some decent documentation at all) but first I believe that it's more important to finish it before documenting it haha so far sure that's what the forum is supposed to be about for people to help/express each other however it looks like it end up functioning like some kind of ticketing service for the most part hahaha anyways, that's good, but hey overall I believe that most people already know about the forum and if I'm not wrong it does appear on the map change screen (http://forum.unfreeze.xyz) and on the serverinfo page (as well as on the details tab of the legacy gametracker page) so will see how it does with the time. as for add some advertisement for it in the mod in my opinion it doesn't make much sense since to get the mod you have to come here thus you already know about it and then I believe that you don't need any more advertisements about it (I really hate spam with a passion).

ok, now to the business, so finally this player rank went stable and up for its first 10-day cycle hurrah!!! and to celebrate this event I spend some time updating/finishing it and adding some features. finally as it was intended I tuned the accuracy code a bit for more accurate results (you can read more about the accuracy code changes in this post) and I brought accuracy stats into the rank site as you can see in the attached screens, now you have your overall accuracy displayed at the top of your profile and on your stats at any of the games you had finished and much more importantly now on your player profile you also have displayed your top 10 best (highest number of kills) and worst (highest number of deaths) games for a quick check of your most relevant performances and to help you identify what maps you play better or worst, in what situations etc and also a quick simple control feature to keep those notable sporadic cheaters in check.

also the ping samples and relevance has now been improved being the value displayed now much more relevant of that of your actual in-game value. so that's all here for now, I know that it's not the per weapon damage/accuracy stats that you had requested me but well I believe that this is not a priority at this time and there's still other things to do first (like release the final version 1.1 of the client mod, currently my #1 priority at the moment and that I'll be looking forward release it this month be it absolute perfect or not I'll just release what i have this month as v1.1 and if so I'll go for v1.11 if necessary :P) so I'm not promising anything here but that will come (or not) naturally in future revisions/updates of this so far I must say that now overall I'm pretty satisfied with the rank site.

also as a commemoration of this first 10-day rank cycle I attached a screen of the top 40 rank, congrats to all the top players!!! (and to all those non top players for play too :D )

have fun, see you :)
Attachments
Screenshot from 2017-11-08 23-07-19.png
(39.24 KiB) Downloaded 107 times
Screenshot from 2017-11-08 23-05-19.png
Screenshot from 2017-11-08 21-44-26.png
onlycape
User lv3
User lv3

Post by onlycape »

A very good job.

Thank you.
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

Re: lags/server freeze

Post by fernandinho1337 »

is it poasible that my stats got deleted for some
reason? :-(
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

hey hi there pal

nope your stats are where they always where, here in your profile :P it just happened that you haven't been active in the last 10 days here. as commented in the first post (I think I'm not gonna exactly re-read it) I believe that to avoid having a irrelevant "endless" list and more it was decided to build just a 10 day cycle active players rank instead, so you got cycled out. anyways not big deal think about that it also works both ways as soon as you start playing for a couple of days you'll get your rank (and a actual current significant one for the current time and players being) back in no time.

see you
your_sister
User lv3
User lv3

stats skill level

Post by your_sister »

Hi Adminless,

I always wondered what the formula of skill level is? As you put it together I guess you would now. I also wonder if this has been adapted to the type of game or not. So does it say something about individual skill purely or are there elements of teambehavior reflected.

Stat could potentially have counter effect on teamplay. I personally use it to see personal weaknesses which I need to overcome. ;)

There are also some specific callouts I do not udnerstand, like "Armor shard", KS, DS. When you can find the time, maybe you could eleborate a little bit.

Thanks in advance

YS
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

hey hello

I did no personally review the skill formula (as well as many of the vsp stats code) yet so it's pretty much what the original author made there so far, nevertheless the actual algorithm has been polished, used and know to work reasonabely good for several years (as I think that is even proven here). that being said to my knowledge (that so far may be not that precisse) the skill rating is for the most part a elo system (i.e. one in where you start with a base skill and from there depending in who you kills you earn points respective to the skill difference, ex: guy with 2000 skill kills guy with 1000 skill earn one 1 point, kills one with 2000 skill earn 2 points, or loses them when killed also respectively, ex. guy with 2000 skill gets killed by random 1000 skill player loses 4 points, killed by 2000 skill player loses 2), I mean that's how I understand that's the idea behind these rating systems.

probably the particular implementation is rather simplified in some manner and definitively what I just wrote as a example is nothing more than just that, a mere example to ilustrate simply the idea behind the elo rating and therefor probably not even correct for the most part (the correct full explanation is on the wikipedia link), so as I understand it is cleary a indiviual rank for the most part (although that's even arguable since your ability to kill and doesn't get killed is highly limited to your teammates/teamplay in some manner here and the balance code in the long run, i.e. 10 days, should even the odds too) and other game factors probably only play a seconday role (which overall I believe is the correct thing for a players rank). also by understanding the nature of the rank system I think is clear to see that the deaths are probably the most important penalizing factor and although amount of time played does obviously affect your score (more time plaed means more chances to make a possitive balance) it doesn't even play a major role.

anyways like I mentioned on other messages I'm gonna be looking forward reviewing/adding some things at the rank here in the "short"/middle term (currently since things were stable I'm backing up/updating my tools, some days then probably if nothing changes some server/client code again for some week/s) and is probable I may look more in detail into this so far by looking at the results overall I believe that the rank already does a good job of implementing this basically (which is the important, the "idea" behind rather than a particular specific formula).

sure no problem, feel free to ask, armor shard as well as any of the other things that appear in the items category in the profiles are the sum of all the items of that type you gathered in the rank cycle (i.e. ten days). armor shards are those small armor pieces you have accross the maps (they usually give 5 or so armor I think most of the time). KS and DS stand for kill streak and death streak respectively (maximun number of consecutive occurences).

that's it, see you
your_sister
User lv3
User lv3

Post by your_sister »

ok, thank for the answer.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok, after almost a season avoiding an update here (hehe) following the migration/update of the servers I'm back with another nice update/review of this new season stats site installment. so to make it cleaner, what was updated is as follows:
  • new updated sites https://unfreeze.fpsclasico.de and https://freefun.fpsclasico.de respectively for the new servers replacing the old "weird" vsp ones, so make sure to update your bookmarks
  • updated/reviewed/tested the stats sties to run on a up to 23 of September of 2018 server and added a small favicon for them that was missing to make them more recognizable on your bookmarks
  • put the stats sites under a layer of ssl (https) as it's virtually a de-facto these days and that due to "improvisations" was missing on the old sites. also overall planned and designed much better this time the whole thing.
  • replaced the redundant efficiency field on the main rank page by the actual accuracy of each player as suggested by onlycape (here)
  • added precise (not a estimation by lookups) real world playing time tracking as well as display of score per minute player metric at each players profile following good old school basic gametracker stats that were missing and hence rendering gametracker totally obsolete
  • increase the sessions accounted for rank on the FreeFUn (former UnFreeZe2) rank from 10 (synced with UnFreeZe) to 75 to yield a more substantial use to the page (probably reviewable on the future depending on the players load)
so to doesn't make it virtually endless and make it easy for you basically that's it with this update this time, I know that it's not the definitive all fixing update and that there's still stuff left (but not that much to be honest, for the most part, frozen time and damage/weapon tracking) but I believe it to be a solid update and a good addition, so check it out and let me know how you see it or if you encounter any problem accessing/displaying the sites on your device's browsers.

finally attached below you have a couple of captures illustrating the most notables changes. and that's it for now, have fun and enjoy :D
Attachments
Screenshot from 2018-09-23 18-36-35.png
Screenshot from 2018-09-23 18-35-46.png
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

hey hello again guys

I have good news relating the stats sites :) turns out that finally after so much time figuring this out this morning while working on migrating adminless.ovh web services towards the new fpsclasico.de host (yes, finally) I was debugging the new web server (which already host the rank sites) and nearly by chance I found out that I had miss-installed some java script that it was what was causing that the Easiest Preys/Worst Enemies charts at the players' profile didn't sort out as it should, this is by efficiency, instead of total kills/deaths. I'm actually surprised nobody had reported it hehe as it was kinda lame as it mean that basically the people who always appear on top it was just the ones played the most rather than the real easiest or most challenging foes (i.e. someone who killed 100 times but you killed 1000 times because he play a lot ranked higher than some who you killed 80 times but he killed just 15 which was nonsense) and many other times your worst enemy was at the same time your easiest prey which even more pointless. I always wondered why did it happen as I couldn't really find the error and now hopefully finally it's fixed for real as you can see on the screen attached.

in addition as I reviewed this I also, made some small corrections to the default skin I had just quickly modded at the beginning and merge it with the wide screen so now the sites should display properly on any aspect ratio display from 4:3 to 16:9 and more something that before even with the wide skin was broken for 4k or extra wide screens. consequently this time I removed all the skins as i believe that nobody should use them anymore (if I'm wrong just let me know) and I just left the site default. following with this as a bonus addition I removed all the cookies from the site as you can see noted on the screen too, not that the site was running any shitty cookies anyways, it just had one to save up the "vsp_skin" value across sessions nothing more but since now there's no other skins beside the default one, it can be removed, so the site is now completely "cookieless".

and that's all for now, I think that I can say that now finally I'm fully satisfied with the rank sites, I feel like now they are "complete" and perform as they should.

have fun

ah btw almost forgot, it's likely that for the changes to take effect on your browser you need to clear up the site cache or they will still take some time to show up.
Attachments
Screenshot from 2018-10-01 15-11-00.png