Remove Q3DM16 (Bouncy Map) off the FreeFun/Unfreeze.

UnFreeZe/FreeFUn/glacius Game Servers forum.
SubZero2001
User lv2
User lv2

Remove Q3DM16 (Bouncy Map) off the FreeFun/Unfreeze.

Post by SubZero2001 »

Seriously, that map is not suitable for Freeze Tag and no way it's fun, where it'll push you into the death pit when on air.

I suggest to remove it and replace to something else, rather this crap.
...jutuli...
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: ...jutuli...

Re: Remove Q3DM16 (Bouncy Map) off the FreeFun/Unfreeze.

Post by ...jutuli... »

Most funny rail map when there is no 10 vs 10 ppl, farting grens all over there... Not very good for freeze, but definitely funnier than some std maps.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

I think this has already been discussed long enough, although not the pinnacle, it's always better to play something else other than just the "pinnacle" specially in the long run as the alternative to that is just to play always the same thing (i.e. 2-3 maps) 24/7 over and over again which is probably much worse. beside out of the "alternative" maps q3dm16 is probably one of the best for a public game.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

SubZero2001 wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 10:59 Seriously, that map is not suitable for Freeze Tag and no way it's fun, where it'll push you into the death pit when on air.

I suggest to remove it and replace to something else, rather this crap.
Only way to win this against you is shoot you into abyss darkness , then we score points :crazy:

I never noticed the funny face underneath until recently lol
Bishop
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: bishop

Post by Bishop »

The map isn't that horrible now that the teleport powerup exists, but still most people don't even use it. I don't know if it's an option to add in another teleport powerup, as it's hard to get hands onto one of those knowing players will collect it because it's there, and won't even know it's usable. There's some exploits in the map, and best thing one can do is merely avoid the edges and not use the jump-pads or rocket jump mindlessly I guess, but visiting the void is still nearly inevitable every once in a while. People will shoot you off anyhow. Experimenting with teleports like it DM7 worked pretty well imo. The map is much more dynamic. Same goes for replacing heavy powerups (RA, Mega) toward different locations where players are more "forced" to contest for it. I mostly avoid DM15, but I've noticed some improvements with the teleports (same for the cathedral map). Also those "wavy instakill things" are gone for good. DM6 is imo kind of rare for 5v5s and the map rotation prefers other arenas which is OK I suppose. I really wish autodownloading was a practiced thing for newer, better maps, but that's something left for glacius which nowadays takes effort to get anyone in there. :lol:
favoritevictim
User lv2
User lv2

Post by favoritevictim »

I like the dm16, because it is not like the others on the server. But it can be annoying when too much player are around.

I would rather vote for some maps more on the list. Some special maps, not another dm or tourney one. Maybe some osp maps?
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

for custom maps you already have the third UnFreeZe server also known as glacius so check there if you're interested in that. games typically happen there Friday and Sunday nights. needless to make sure to have the whole package installed to not miss any games.
favoritevictim
User lv2
User lv2

Post by favoritevictim »

Yeah I know, thx. But exactly that is the problem for me. At the weekends gaming is not my favourite. But ok, I will have a look from time to time.