february community event

Quake III Arena classic game servers forum.

what do you want to do with the potential ctf event?

Poll ended at Fri Mar 03, 2023 9:29

play it this Sunday 5 21:00 CET (UTC+01)
63%
play it this Wednesday 8 21:00 CET (UTC+01)
38%
nothing, better let it be by now and may be give it another try on the future
No votes

Total votes: 8

FraG_MasiN
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: .DC!FraG_MasiN?!

Re: february community event

Post by FraG_MasiN »

:ugeek: OT THE CTF EVENT I PLAY OR I NEED AT 11:00 GO TO WORK ON NIGHT SIFT AFTER SAME CHANGE WEN IS STIL EVENT ON AMI? I PLAY MAX TO 23:00 :D THX AM REDY :d AFTER NEED CHANGE AT 23:00

YES WOTE IS THE BEST WAY :D SUNDEY 5.3.2023 IS THE BEST DATE :thumbup:

REDY FOR FAN :D
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

PUFF wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 22:45 ffa is in generally retarded. you no fun :problem:
there were some issues: the enemy does not keep its color; identity target is off on tourney5 (maybe it's from my cfg? :crazy: )
You have colour identity crisis anyway.... :crazy:
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

btw just as a reminder here for those involved in case somebody didn't notice/forgot, the ctf event here for this night (Wednesday 1) has been cancelled since some people wasn't available/feeling it at the moment. it's currently meant to be rescheduled for the last time as of now apparently for this Sunday 5 21:00 CET (UTC+01) as it appears that even after this reschedule some people is gonna miss anyways the currently event card will have to be adjusted accordingly yet again (i.e. the teams and probably smaller maps). I guess that by the Saturday I'll PM you all that here on the forum so please stay tuned.
FraG_MasiN
User lv4
User lv4

Post by FraG_MasiN »

ok
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok, PM for this sent now to berkut, P0rsche, aimer, fau, miro, masin, mikes, mwhq3, cth, pacman, pks, semi, shantu, ami for both dates (Sunday and Wednesday) as the vote seemed mostly split/unclear/inconclusive so in the event the Sunday doesn't finally happen either the Wednesday could be exceptionally tried (or even played both if you really ask for it) as well. the card is finally a bit more modest that what I would have preferred it to be just to be safe given the expectations/projections, if for some reason these ultimately differ from the reality I guess that for this time exceptionally the game could be adjusted as it happens so please make sure to have installed in addition to the advertised maps at least the q3wctf pak in the event some of that ends up being played. and I guess that then this should it for this ctf side event here so hopefully catch you all in-game.
pks
User lv3
User lv3

Post by pks »

Hi, unfortunately I'm unavailable 2023-03-05 until 2023-03-11.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

unlucky, thanks for the update and let me know in advance. ok, no problem, miro said earlier that he should finally be available so I guess that we should make it work out anyways, if not 5vs5 (ideally for the currently projected/expected game), 4vs4 or just anything. the current revised modest card was precisely accounting for those kind of events so the plan will remain, Sunday and in case of not even a 4vs4 then another try the Wednesday and that should be it.
FraG_MasiN
User lv4
User lv4

Post by FraG_MasiN »

ok am awalable on all dates thx ctf rulesS :D same rush fun :D thx for this event . end :thumbup: :ugeek: all have fun thx the adminles for this event :D
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

just as a reminder for those involved here (berkut, P0rsche, aimer, fau, miro, masin, mikes, mwhq3, cth, pacman, pks, semi, shantu, ami) please remember that this central European night, the Sunday 5 of March of 2023 at 21:00 CET (UTC+01), is the ctf side event here. for reference the current "final" (hopefully for real this time) fight scheme I have noted is as follow: that's the whole scheme I have noted for this night, as said, what it will ultimately happen will depend on who finally shows up and how it overall plays out (i.e. if everything goes according to plan the PM card will remain otherwise I'll manually adjust it in-game, teams/maps, according to that scheme). in case of not meeting even a 4vs4 I guess we can probably give a shot to the Wednesday date as well (as well as if you explicitly ask for a rematch afterward) although as you can see there there's even a (smaller) plan to at least play something this night in such case anyways. needless to say please make sure to have at least those maps installed (click on download and install the corresponding pk3 after unzipping if necessary) as you read this (all of them, just in case) and hopefully catch you all later today.
aimer
User lv4
User lv4

Post by aimer »

Personally i'd still play ctf2 instead of ctf1 even if it was 5v5.
ctf1 is way too small for anything more than 4v4
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

previous time q3ctf2 was played 5vs5 and it wasn't any good. I believe it was probably the worst map of the night so I don't know. I guess we'll find out in a hour (approx) depending on who shows up (i.e. first let's see if he have at least 4vs4 otherwise the discussion is pointless).
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

hey guys we just need one more from the tier for a 4vs4, if somebody around, please connect.
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

Post by fernandinho1337 »

thanks adminless for organizing and thanks everyone for participating

great great fun as usual!

best regards
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

yeah great games, even despite the small tiny minimal turnout I think it worked much better than expected, epic stuff. the key balance was between masin-semin, unlucky anybody else showed/was interested to make it bigger but it's what it's. anyways, as said in-game I think that then this should be it, after what I saw I assume there's no point in trying the Wednesday and we will leave this here by now, GGs guys and thanks for participating. vids coming tomorrow as usual ;)
aimer
User lv4
User lv4

Post by aimer »

gg and thank you for organising it, shame it wasn't as popular as last time