february community event

Quake III Arena classic game servers forum.

what do you want to do with the potential ctf event?

Poll ended at Fri Mar 03, 2023 9:29

play it this Sunday 5 21:00 CET (UTC+01)
63%
play it this Wednesday 8 21:00 CET (UTC+01)
38%
nothing, better let it be by now and may be give it another try on the future
No votes

Total votes: 8

adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

february community event

Post by adminless »

hey so as mentioned after the end of the tremendous UnFreeZe Fall 22 tournament that just ended last month I start this thread here about some potential community event still yet to determine for this (second half of the) month, let's say for the 18 onward. initially I had planned another or another couple of UnFreeZe community fights, normal ones, not over the top ala all-star ones, depending on who shows up as apparently some people had requested/were interested in more. I think that as usual depending on the turnout if it's enough I had probably planned two fights with a (open to anybody) "all-star" rematch on maps q3shw14, ospdm6, ospdm1, japandm and phantq3dm3_rev this time instead of teddm1 that was finally also added to the pool that proved to be probably the best choice for these kind of matches for elite tier and probably focal_p132, 13hell, q3dm4, bloodcovenant and charon3dm9 as to finally give those a play too for a smaller casual community one although obviously options like q3dm7, 6++, q3dm14, overkill and q3dm8 can be considering as well depending on the interest.

that was the initial plan although it seems like may be there can some interest on another ctf or even a ffa event so we'll see. I think that another ctf event can probably be a option to discuss if there's interest on that, even given the case a small casual (not yet another over the top nose bleeding months long hardcore tournament) cup among the teams can be setup if desired. in any case something I remark again is that for other than the UnFreeZe/masters events I don't host the rest of the events (i.e. ctf/ffa etc) to the same competitive/quality standard so again I hope nobody take those as the next huge thing. ok, so as I usual I start the thread here and feel free to sign up to whatever you can be interested and discuss it here. this time, I won't send any invitations/spam to anybody so as usual, I'll leave this open for a couple of weeks or so and if it doesn't progress into something then be it, it just won't happen and I'll set up something later on (i.e. no delays, waiting etc). the dates will obviously be discussed but as said I think that can be any day after the next weekend, like Sunday 19, Tuesday 21, Wednesday 22, Thursday 23, Sunday 26 etc
WhoAmI
User lv4
User lv4

Re: february community event

Post by WhoAmI »

Hi, 22, 23, all-star, ctf (mixed players or clan vs clan).
.WTF!P0rsche?!
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: .WTF!P0rsche?!

Post by .WTF!P0rsche?! »

focal_p132 - wow - nice!!!
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

adminless wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 21:40 hey so as mentioned after the end of the tremendous UnFreeZe Fall 22 tournament that just ended last month I start this thread here about some potential community event still yet to determine for this (second half of the) month, let's say for the 18 onward. initially I had planned another or another couple of UnFreeZe community fights, normal ones, not over the top ala all-star ones, depending on who shows up as apparently some people had requested/were interested in more. I think that as usual depending on the turnout if it's enough I had probably planned two fights with a (open to anybody) "all-star" rematch on maps q3shw14, ospdm6, ospdm1, japandm and phantq3dm3_rev this time instead of teddm1 that was finally also added to the pool that proved to be probably the best choice for these kind of matches for elite tier and probably focal_p132, 13hell, q3dm4, bloodcovenant and charon3dm9 as to finally give those a play too for a smaller casual community one although obviously options like q3dm7, 6++, q3dm14, overkill and q3dm8 can be considering as well depending on the interest.

that was the initial plan although it seems like may be there can some interest on another ctf or even a ffa event so we'll see. I think that another ctf event can probably be a option to discuss if there's interest on that, even given the case a small casual (not yet another over the top nose bleeding months long hardcore tournament) cup among the teams can be setup if desired. in any case something I remark again is that for other than the UnFreeZe/masters events I don't host the rest of the events (i.e. ctf/ffa etc) to the same competitive/quality standard so again I hope nobody take those as the next huge thing. ok, so as I usual I start the thread here and feel free to sign up to whatever you can be interested and discuss it here. this time, I won't send any invitations/spam to anybody so as usual, I'll leave this open for a couple of weeks or so and if it doesn't progress into something then be it, it just won't happen and I'll set up something later on (i.e. no delays, waiting etc). the dates will obviously be discussed but as said I think that can be any day after the next weekend, like Sunday 19, Tuesday 21, Wednesday 22, Thursday 23, Sunday 26 etc
Any chance making start time much later , as everyone always late anyway , and then those on time end up playing later aswell anyway ,they may aswell have the game like 2200cet lol
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

@ami ok so I'll note you in for anything that happens (if it does basically). as usual, the date will obviously till have to be determined once people have signed up and we know what we are going to play. those were just example for the people to get an idea. additionally I also added a poll now so people can vote what they want to play, as said there's the possibility to setup various games/events given there's enough interest.

@P0rsche yes there's the possibility/intention to play that map for the community (regular/undercard) game. if it's gonna get hot and/or too busy (elite) then the last top all-star arenas will be played just with phantq3dm3_rev instead of teddm1 that was finally added (I didn't intend to when I first had chose that). I think for the community game it would be a good opportunity to give a try to those that hasn't been played yet (or that has been played the least) to finally give them some good play too. obviously such a game will be limited to 5vs5 with a spare change just to be safe at most. if it's gonna be 6vs6-8vs8 as usual on these "unsanctioned" events then it will have to go with the all-star show off arenas or other one to determine (ex. the q3dm7, 6++, q3dm14, overkill, q3dm8 suggested or anything else). so do you wanna participate this time or just to cheer from the side lines?

@pacman it can be discussed but unfortunately I believe that any start time after 21:00 CET is probably not gonna work out as it will get too late for many even within central Europe itself.
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

Post by fernandinho1337 »

I would love to see anything that is not unfreeze. we can play on the pubs and we have pickups we play on ranked so we can have that very often (from player perspective, of course nobody usually specates such matches). but mixing things up would be nice. I am also at a point now where I think we could drop OSP generally and utilize the unfreeze mod

best regards
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

adminless wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:46 @ami ok so I'll note you in for anything that happens (if it does basically). as usual, the date will obviously till have to be determined once people have signed up and we know what we are going to play. those were just example for the people to get an idea. additionally I also added a poll now so people can vote what they want to play, as said there's the possibility to setup various games/events given there's enough interest.

@P0rsche yes there's the possibility/intention to play that map for the community (regular/undercard) game. if it's gonna get hot and/or too busy (elite) then the last top all-star arenas will be played just with phantq3dm3_rev instead of teddm1 that was finally added (I didn't intend to when I first had chose that). I think for the community game it would be a good opportunity to give a try to those that hasn't been played yet (or that has been played the least) to finally give them some good play too. obviously such a game will be limited to 5vs5 with a spare change just to be safe at most. if it's gonna be 6vs6-8vs8 as usual on these "unsanctioned" events then it will have to go with the all-star show off arenas or other one to determine (ex. the q3dm7, 6++, q3dm14, overkill, q3dm8 suggested or anything else). so do you wanna participate this time or just to cheer from the side lines?

@pacman it can be discussed but unfortunately I believe that any start time after 21:00 CET is probably not gonna work out as it will get too late for many even within central Europe itself.
Ok perhaps I can join if someone else has to go maybe I can be added as a possibility and will spec until it's possible
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok, yes, I guess that probably after so much hardcore UnFreeZe there's no much point in making yet another UnFreeZe event just like this so I guess that then we can probably go for a ctf game or even a small (four teams max) ctf cup and a spare ffa carnage night on some five top maps still to determine. good, ok so then I have noted so far ami and miro for something that it's not a highly anticipated and awaited superstar duel though and pacman in as replacement. this time for ctf I think we need at least 14 people for at least a 6vs6 with spare changes and this time we can also give a play to those other maps that were requested. for the ffa carnage I guess something around 10+ people should be good to go with 8 the bare minimum. so who else is available/interested in participate?
aimer
User lv4
User lv4

Post by aimer »

i am in for ffa and ctf events.
I'd love a ctf tournament at some point but now it might be a bit too soon given we just finished the unfreeze one (perhaps this summer?)
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

yes I assume this time we'll probably just make two games, a ctf one like the previous time (just with more/other people hopefully) and a ffa carnage battle for some fun too and see how that goes. if so further tournaments/events can probably be tried later on as usual. ok, I'll note you in then.
kf
Unleveled User

Post by kf »

i would be in for ctf (if there are playable ctf maps)
Prepare for fake .WTF!
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok, thanks for the input, no problem then I won't count you in as I'm not gonna be upholding a event just depending on somebody specific maps likes/dislikes and/or what somebody specifically consider "playable". all maps are guaranteed to be bug free (to the best of my knowledge) and the server to timely respond to commands (movement, shoting, pickup etc) the same way for everybody so you either sign up or not, there's no such thing as conditional signing. you're out.
kf
Unleveled User

Post by kf »

as i said, more input about upcoming stuff in case of maps and stuff would be nice, i just want to figure out if it would be nice to play for me or not. if there are shitty maps and i sign up before you wouldnt see a cool match or whatever, i like competetive teamplay, those maps youve got last time are just random ffa ctf. no skill needed, just run stupid into enemy base or stay at mid - ffa-ish. i like that you try to get some new stuff going.
if you arent interested to see some nice fraggs, caps or situations than surely count me out - its your server :D
Prepare for fake .WTF!
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

dude, in case I didn't make it clear, no, I'm not interested in wasting ten days arguing with you about five maps at a rate of ten messages per map per day before the game plus another few weeks afterwards too so be gone. just as I wrote, if the turnout (for the ctf event) is similar (as it seems like it's gonna be at best) as the previous time the maps will as well be if not exactly those same at least for the most part/very similar so have fun spectating on the side lines with your dear friend P0rsche if you want. for other maps to be considered the turnout would need to be around fifteen people minimum which is just not happening, at least by now.

ok, so, so far it seems like the ffa carnage night option is starting to win haha that was unexpected. by now, I only have ami, miro, aimer and pacman as backup/reinforcement noted for this, that means that then we still need at least around other seven people to make this happen, anybody else interested/available? as said, I believe that I'll leave it open to join for this week and then if by the next week (Monday 20 of February of 2023 00:00 CET [UTC+01] approx) we are at least not ten people I'll just call it quits and that will be it otherwise by then (next week) we'll ultimate the event (or events) format/s and final date/s.
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

Post by fernandinho1337 »

Masin defintely wants to do FFA