network outage - core routers firmware update

UnFreeZe Game Servers News forum.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

network outage - core routers firmware update

Post by adminless »

just apparently reporting a network outage now by the provider (that it seems like it led to a cut this morning around noon too btw) due a core router kernel bug that it looks it has been fixed now with some core routers firmware updates (which obviously led to another small downtime). from what I could dig it looks like the task should have ended by now and that should have fixed it, sorry for the inconvenience.
Attachments
Screenshot from 2022-10-25 00-35-33.png
WhoAmI
User lv4
User lv4

Re: network outage - core routers firmware update

Post by WhoAmI »

Yes, we lost connection during the pickup. It was almost finished. CTF server was working.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

I know, unlucky, I was also online doing some maintenance and server work when I lost connectivity and turned into provider and found out about the core router firmware update and the incident. anyways from what I had read and seen so far I believe that should have made and now hopefully the network core routers (which are way beyond the server contract) should be all running fresh firmware so hopefully there should be no other outages any time soon as usual.
Attachments
Screenshot from 2022-10-25 01-03-26.png
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

adminless wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 1:06 I know, unlucky, I was also online doing some maintenance and server work when I lost connectivity and turned into provider and found out about the core router firmware update and the incident. anyways from what I had read and seen so far I believe that should have made and now hopefully the network core routers (which are way beyond the server contract) should be all running fresh firmware so hopefully there should be no other outages any time soon as usual.
I see this few times now at night , or late eve pickup
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

as I'm telling you the servers (all of them, the most notable routes) are all monitored 24/7 with the smokeping service and apart from the cuts reported on this incident (that apparently got fixed right on the same day by the provider) and apparently a few spikes this weekend involving the second route I do not observe any kind issue with them. in fact most routes and parameters looks on the improvement and as I just said this provider core routers (backbones/internal core routers) have been all updated to latest firmware so I doubt there should be much problems with them.
Attachments
Screenshot from 2022-10-26 20-25-07.png
Screenshot from 2022-10-26 20-25-16.png
Screenshot from 2022-10-26 20-25-49.png
Screenshot from 2022-10-26 20-26-09.png
Screenshot from 2022-10-26 20-27-51.png
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

hey guys it appears that there was another (still to determine) major network outage with the provider now around 23:00 CET for a hour approx. after a few contacts "service" (i.e. connectivity) seems restored though I'll keep investigating more. sorry for the inconvenience.
WhoAmI
User lv4
User lv4

Post by WhoAmI »

Yes, everything works. I'm waiting for players.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

lol they are all at the second server or the ctf one. ok, this is all I got so far, I know these guys have some network maintenance/upgrade coming in the next weeks which I though it could be related but it wasn't the case. it seems that it's probably related with the same initial core router issue here. anyways, just as posted there I assume they should implement another fix in the very near term (I mean, the entire provider was down, not just this server).
Attachments
Screenshot from 2023-01-23 23-53-38.png
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

adminless wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 23:46 hey guys it appears that there was another (still to determine) major network outage with the provider now around 23:00 CET for a hour approx. after a few contacts "service" (i.e. connectivity) seems restored though I'll keep investigating more. sorry for the inconvenience.
Yeah it was messed up pacman was on a mission I also activated my Ami flick bot with wtf power

And then the server went down and reminded me I am just a noob :shock:
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

hehe from what I saw on their panel now provider just marked as solved this an hour or so after the incident, a loop apparently, so I guess there should be no more incidents with the server by now as usual.
Attachments
Screenshot from 2023-01-24 09-37-03.png