Choke points

UnFreeZe/FreeFUn/glacius Game Servers forum.
nickaero
User lv4
User lv4

Choke points

Post by nickaero »

Dm7 is unbalanced because a good team can lock down red area and then it's almost impossible to crack that (in competitive play)

I suggest adding a door to the back hallway entrance to make assaults on red easier
kf
Unleveled User

Re: Choke points

Post by kf »

i suggest adding timeout
Prepare for fake .WTF!
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

the answer to that is simple, 7++. that's basically what that remix is based on, game flow, and why it's there on the pool. and btw from what I saw community did something else that just choke/defend the map, they actually played decoys, split attacks and other tactics. in general, I think they overall improved over the last time you meet.
Semisek48
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Semisek48 »

I agree that dm7 can be very camp-based when two teams who wants to win and are willing to wait to achieve it meets there. And i agree with admin that 7++ is a better option from this point of view. In order to basic dm7 I experienced an interesting alternative where red armor was placed in the center of rocket room. That quite helped to reduce camping in the lava room, and brought life and dynamics to the game.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

yes probably I could modify q3dm7 in some way at some point but right now it doesn't seem like the right time to make such drastic changes to the most single played map at the events (pro-q3dm6 comes first when adding up the variants, 6++/bloodcovenant). besides in any case any modification/change I could make there it would always be inferior to the custom 7++ remix solution that as I said it's intended to specifically correct that thus it seems kind of pointless to me. the right solution is simply that people pick 7++ instead.
oKo*CTHULHU
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: cTh

Post by oKo*CTHULHU »

map q3dm7 cannot be changed to make it more or less playable. only the removal of red armor and mega health would add dynamics. no other changes will do anything
Camaradas Iks De
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

as I said although it's clear right from the start that no amount of tuning is gonna turn q3dm7 into 7++ there's still probably room for some adjustment and improvement for q3dm7 here and there. that being said, now it doesn't seem like the most appropriate time to start experiment/trying stuff at random for the sake of it with well established key points of key assets of the current ongoing tournament. particularly like this without a clear outcome and investigation.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

oKo*CTHULHU wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 12:22 . only the removal of red armor and mega health would add dynamics.
Lol what rubbish
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

yes, that's clearly not gonna happen, I could probably try other item locations (as said, after deep investigation, for good reason not just like that) that could favor the game play but just removing the items it's clearly not a option. items are clearly a key element of the game.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5

Post by PacMan »

adminless wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 21:30 yes, that's clearly not gonna happen, I could probably try other item locations (as said, after deep investigation, for good reason not just like that) that could favor the game play but just removing the items it's clearly not a option. items are clearly a key element of the game.
What would make more fun is an extra item like let's say grenades top up

You know everyone would fight for it more than the ra
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok, now that the thing just finished and after I reviewed all the rest of the maps I finally modified now q3dm7 with what I believe it can probably be the best layout for this as you can see on the attached screens. as with the door changes and basically with all the rest of the changes, it's not like now q3dm7 it's gonna become a fast paced top map or anything radically different but I guess that it should play at least some better (as it was the case with the rest of the changes). changes applied now to the pubs so hopefully we'll get a better idea of how it plays out before the finals.
Attachments
shot0002.jpg
shot0001.jpg
shot0000.jpg
FilthyPirate
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: FilthyPirate

Post by FilthyPirate »

Worth a try.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5

Post by PacMan »

FilthyPirate wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 18:19 Worth a try.
Arrrrrrrrr u ok? I hear it's cold out there
FilthyPirate
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: FilthyPirate

Post by FilthyPirate »

PacAss wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 21:40
FilthyPirate wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 18:19 Worth a try.
Arrrrrrrrr u ok? I hear it's cold out there
It warmed up fast here.. 19c as of this typing.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5

Post by PacMan »

adminless wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 16:40 ok, now that the thing just finished and after I reviewed all the rest of the maps I finally modified now q3dm7 with what I believe it can probably be the best layout for this as you can see on the attached screens. as with the door changes and basically with all the rest of the changes, it's not like now q3dm7 it's gonna become a fast paced top map or anything radically different but I guess that it should play at least some better (as it was the case with the rest of the changes). changes applied now to the pubs so hopefully we'll get a better idea of how it plays out before the finals.
Dude lol I like the portal change lol

Not sure about the mega though can't that be put into better location most of the time it's taken in error, if you want to leave for a team mate if that makes sense at all

But overall these minor modifications improve the game and map so something slightly different occurrs

Thanks for your hard work