player Like_a_Pr0

Quick Unregistered Guest forum.
hurrenson

player Like_a_Pr0

Post by hurrenson »

Howdy!

Once again i have to be a snitch. The player named in the topic has shown more than once inadequate behavior. Today i felt it was time to report him.
He spams without end public and (though to a lesser degree) team chat.
He shoots own team.
He doesn't play adequately: camping, goofing around, being useless (which is of course the oh so funny contrast with his nickname).

The spamming is for me the worst. So i have an additional request:

I am aware of teamchatsonly, but it doesn't help with teamchat spam. And teamchat is an essential part for unfreeze imho. Would it be possible (without too much effort) to add a mute function for specific players? -> /mute like_a_pr0
Alternatively maybe a limit on msgs per round/time period?
Or another solution so i don't have to read this kind of spam or conversations people have sometimes cause they think it's a chatserver, not a q3server apparently.

And as per usual, thanks for all your effort and work.
onlycape
User lv3
User lv3

Re: player Like_a_Pr0

Post by onlycape »

I'm totally agree with Hurreson. He really is a very annoying player.
I was one of his "victims" in the lava pit.

A sample of his behavior in the demo.
I remember that he had a extreme negative score in a previous game.
He is not interested in playing. He simply prefers to break the game and get attention (Troll).
Attachments
Like_a_Pro.dm_68
(120.05 KiB) Downloaded 15 times
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: player Like_a_Pr0

Post by adminless »

yes I had noticed loads of non-sense bullshit from that player and in fact I was about to ban him myself like yesterday or so however since nobody had complained and most seemed on friendly terms finally I just had let it be, nevertheless spam is spam and non-sense bullshit keeps being non-sense bullshit and that doesn't make it any better so I just banned him now, thanks for report you both.

regarding chat limits and those kind of things yes I know and I agree with you that the chat can gets annoying at times however I'm not really a fan of limiting it (beside the current functionalities) since if not done with extreme care it can totally mess things up big time anyways yes is possible that on the future I may introduce some thing or another so far the current policy is simply whoever seriously abuse/misuse the chat gets banned is a well proven policy and it has worked pretty much so far at the end as you can see generally the problems with these kind of guys tend to spread well beyond just the chat.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Fri May 11, 2018 7:39.