ioQuake 1.36 console

Quick Unregistered Guest forum.
reDIRKulous_

ioQuake 1.36 console

Post by reDIRKulous_ »

Hello fellow quakers,

happy new year!

I tried ioQuake 1.36. I have to double tap the "^" on my keyboard to open/close the console since using 1.36. It is annoying me. Can i turn it back to "single tap" to open/close it?

Additional question: ioquake (1.36) seems to have voip functionality. Does the server use it?

best regards,

toni
reDIRKulous_

Re: ioQuake 1.36 console

Post by reDIRKulous_ »

Hi

*edit*

I also noticed I got fps drops and it feels very laggy to me so i went back to 1.33.

overall: 1.36 is broken to me in many ways

best regards
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: ioQuake 1.36 console

Post by adminless »

no the server doesn't have voip, if the chat gets annoying enough already at times I don't even want to think about how it would be with voip plus as you might guess, I'm not gonna be listening to hours of server recordings therefor it would be totally iresponsible and plain unacceptable of me to provide a service I'm unable to moderate, it would just lead to a poor quality of service.

I know, 1.36 as you can see doesn't really adds up anything, yes it still has some more fixes (that I still have to incorporate/polish etc to the the client, the server is already finished, I think that finally there haven't been any more problems with it) but besides that, that's it, the reality is that the development decissions at the ioquake3 "team" principaly go in the direction of making a easier to work at the low level (ex: new unnified drivers helped the engine got to android, 64 bit support helps people doesn't have to install/compile 32 bit libraries in their linuxes etc) and more "attractive" (ex: voip, curl, new rendering/sound modes etc) engine for new games while at the same time just secondarely staying simply compatible with legacy (i.e. good old school, what we are talking about here) Quake III Arena but as you could witness yourself it ends up doesn't really doing any better here, that's why I strongly recommend and build this in legacy/1.33 code because this does it better.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Fri May 11, 2018 7:41.