Possible custom crosshairs for Unfreeze mod?

UnFreeZe/FreeFUn/glacius Game Servers forum.
Banditz
User lv2
User lv2

Possible custom crosshairs for Unfreeze mod?

Post by Banditz »

Hello,

Are there custom crosshairs for Unfreeze mod? I have noticed my aim is better without a crosshair and the built-in crosshairs don't work for me :crazy:
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: Possible custom crosshairs for Unfreeze mod?

Post by adminless »

not really, though probably you can just use any crosshair pack for Quake III Arena you find that meet your needs on the internet with the UnFreeZe mod.
Banditz
User lv2
User lv2

Post by Banditz »

Okay, thanks for helping :)
Agi
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Agi »

adminless wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 21:17 not really, though probably you can just use any crosshair pack for Quake III Arena you find that meet your needs on the internet with the UnFreeZe mod.
I changed mod. I am using now Unfreeze mod. I miss one feature, tried to set it with commands. Can admin tell me if I can see teammate status in crosshair? Of course this infromation is in the teammoverlay, but I like it more having it on crosshair. Sending picture in attachment (Miroslav has it in similar way).
Attachments
Crosshair.png
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

thank you for giving the UnFreeZe mod a try unfortunately currently that's not implemented but I guess I can just add it soon.
Agi
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Agi »

Previously I didnt understand players who dont share armor with wounded teammates, but now I realized that they might act selfish because they don't see if team buddy needs it more than him/her (or they dont use any mods and they are playing chaotic).

Few times I asked randoms, why they took it, while they were full and I was out of armor, and they mostly responded: "sorry I didn't know".

I understand it, I dont look all the time into team overlay as well, but teammate status in crosshair could wake up empathy in "armor stealers" (sometimes they push to get the item).

@admin
yes, finally Unfreeze works smooth for me. As you see in Miro's screenshot - this mod which I used sees Unfreeze as Team deathmatch not as Freeztag.
ANIMAL666
User lv2
User lv2
in-game nick: Animal666

Post by ANIMAL666 »

Прошу админа добавить новых карт на Unfreeze/
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

@Agi ok health/armor status display on crosshair names added now to the UnFreeZe mod as well as also last known score display for team frozen bodies so you can even distinguish unnameds/optimize your thawing strategy for example. btw note that it requires teamoverlay to be enable for it to work. so please get the updated file unfreeze-2005.pk3 (i.e. re-download and re-place) and let me know if that's ok now and/or if you're missing something else on the mod. added to the packages now and to the clean database (I hope in a few patches more and few more documentation I finally upgrade the package/versioning number "soon" too as overall there has been various significant updates already over the original year old package). thanks for the feedback and massive apologizes for the absurdly stupid unacceptable response time on this but unfortunately as I believe that you could have seen there has been other kind of real time priority tasks around here lately.
Agi
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Agi »

adminless wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:21 @Agi ok health/armor status display on crosshair names added now to the UnFreeZe mod as well as also last known score display for team frozen bodies so you can even distinguish unnameds/optimize your thawing strategy for example. btw note that it requires teamoverlay to be enable for it to work. so please get the updated file unfreeze-2005.pk3 (i.e. re-download and re-place) and let me know if that's ok now and/or if you're missing something else on the mod. added to the packages now and to the clean database (I hope in a few patches more and few more documentation I finally upgrade the package/versioning number "soon" too as overall there has been various significant updates already over the original year old package). thanks for the feedback and massive apologizes for the absurdly stupid unacceptable response time on this but unfortunately as I believe that you could have seen there has been other kind of real time priority tasks around here lately.
Thank you for your feedback and complying my request, I will make take a look, and share my opinion :)