Annoying Issue/Bug, anyone else?

UnFreeZe/FreeFUn/glacius Game Servers forum.
YORELito
User lv3
User lv3
in-game nick: cacahuete

Annoying Issue/Bug, anyone else?

Post by YORELito »

Hi,

I returned to Q3 after 19years without playing any game, and for some reason I am experiencing a bug I dont remember having in the past.

My name in the server is NewConfig, just in case.
Sometimes the exact moment when the round starts right ater the warmup count down, an FX sounds starts to play in loop the whole round, when this happens it doesnt fix when i do vid_restart or minimize maximize, the only way is to quit the game and return. The sound is usually different every map or random, but it will play the same sound the whole round until the next round in wich the sound may change to a different one. but never ever stops.

It is very annoying because it is sometimes very loud, I cant barely hear enemys sounds or blasts or anything else. Its like playing with nosound or worst because gives you headache after a while.

I dont know how to fix this. IF relates to my Q3 instalation or my computer driver or what.

Any help appreciated
thanks!
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: Annoying Issue/Bug, anyone else?

Post by adminless »

never happened to me but things to try first get a clean installation like just the current version of the official UnFreeZe package (ioq3v6-unfreeze-client-v20.5.zip) and see if you experience the same issues there from a default cfg (reset the game). I can't tell about custom/third party installations. besides, sounds to me more like a issue with some of the "fancy" s_ settings like broken s_mixahead, s_mixPreStep (or similar) values for your sound card. also rather than a vid_restart probably a snd_restart should be more helpful.
YORELito
User lv3
User lv3
in-game nick: cacahuete

Re: Annoying Issue/Bug, anyone else?

Post by YORELito »

Ok I will try with a new unfreeze folder/instalation, I have just added some maps from the new server.
The config I am using is a copypaste from all the chunks posted here by "tar" in his config mega-post. Just changed sensitivity and nickname.
I will try the snd_restart too.. I didnt know that command.
Thanks!!