Miroslav vs .WhoAmI?! superfight showdown

classic Quake III Arena master duels tournaments forum.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Miroslav vs .WhoAmI?! superfight showdown

Post by adminless »

well ok, finally I open this topic here for the Miroslav vs .WhoAmI?! clash, initially I don't know if we will have enough time to arrange this for this evening, is a possibility, if not we can just settle this for another week with more preparation. I think that we are all familiar already with the format, so in case someone needs a explanation ask, I won't go into much detail yet again. as there's no much time for today, I think that we could just arrange a hub3aeroq3, pro-q3dm6, ztn3tourney1, hub3tourney1 and pukka3tourney2 as tie-breaker match, those are my best bet for this match. Miroslav will be regarded as player A and the match importance for the rank will be 80 (same as if it were a cup event).

so please let me know if you both would be able to play this along this evening and/or if you wanna make some changes to the match maps. the time can probably be 18:00 if you are both available.

results, demos, videos and more for this fight here
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

Re: Miroslav vs .WhoAmI?! superfight showdown

Post by fernandinho1337 »

hi

I would be in. I am just not certain if I can manage 18.00. I would definitely be able to play at 20.00 though.

best regards
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

checked with wife
im not sure if i can play at all tonite
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

no problem mate, we'll talk around here and we'll see, if not like I said we'll just reschedule it for another weekend/date, don't worry. also let's see what .WhoAmI?! has to say. btw are you ok with those map picks? the hubs for you, I guess so.
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

i like all the maps u picked

pukka is better play on ql but still like the map a lot on q3
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

hehe this time I picked the tie-breaker personally it didn't come out randomly, I was between it or the phant one but I thought that probably pukka should play faster :) btw that I didn't stop to write here, during some maintenance jobs here (that I couldn't even finish yet) I finally added the bloodcovenant and q3dm5 maps that had requested Kra7oS on last match to the map pool as well as hektik_b3 that I believe that it should appeal to ql veterans, so make sure to check it too in case it interests you for future matches. I checked it and I personally liked it, I think it's a worthy addition.

ok, then all that is left is to hear from .WhoAmI?!, so check forum between 18:00/20:00 approx and if we didn't come to anything by that time then I'll propose another date.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

well it's already beyond 20:00, I think the most reasonable will be to re-schedule this for the next week. I wouldn't really like to have to wait another week to set this, .WhoAmI?! reported that probably the best times for him are evenings during week days, Wednesday 20:00-21:30 for example it would be a good date for me, I don't know how you both see this? let me know
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

i guess 20-21.30 on weekdays should work most of the time ^^

i think hektik can be an awesome map - really fast paced and stuff. i dont know about blood covenant - the usual q3 tactics dont work there and i guess it is really inviting ppl to play a bit slower so i am uncertain but i would play all maps anyways ^^
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok, cool, we'll talk, let's hope tomorrow or so .WhoAmI?! pings here and then we'll see. hehe I know I'm also not a fan of that bloodcovenant map but well Kra7oS is and he is probably the only mid active here (besides you ofc) so I thought that probably the best was add it as it can also appeal in case someone from qc comes here. anyways I wouldn't expect many people to pick it so it shouldn't be a major issue and if it ends up being, it can just be removed, no big deal. haha yes I also had lots of fun testing that hektik map with some bots, I think that it works pretty good to be honest.
Dr.GreenThumb
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: Dr.GreenThumb

Post by Dr.GreenThumb »

Are we earth-walkers allowed to join live to spectate the fight of the Quake Gods? :-) ...I'd love to join to spectate with a giant popcorn and beer. I'm happy with the recordings as well, but just wanted to ask.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

hehe in the past I used to set up a gtv server for the events (that is a dedicated spectator server) unfortunately is broken/buggy for that particular server and spectating in-game on the real server is not allowed for obvious reasons, then at the moment I'm sorry but that's not possible, you'll have to wait for the after-match for the material. you can however follow the results live here on the server tab (servers) just at the bottom you have the tournament server. anyways now that you bring the topic and as more people asked it to me let's see if some time on the future I can deal with that broken gtv server.
WhoAmI
User lv4
User lv4

Post by WhoAmI »

I am sorry that I did not reply, but I study MA on weekends. I have a college every week this month. I sit there from morning to evening. That's why I rarely play on weekends. Also, there were government elections yesterday in my country.

As for the maps.

pro-q3dm6 - can be
ztn3tourney1 - can be
pukka3tourney2 - eventually it can be too. I liked her in QL
hub3tourney1 - unfortunately I rarely played this one. I would exchange it even for qztourney7
hub3aeroq3 - it may be but I would prefer something more classic for q3. Q3DM13.

In addition, I would like to play on a new computer and monitor. As soon as I have more time I will finally order the parts and assemble them together. Maybe this week, but on the weekend I have a college again.

I also have a problem with the game on the old computer. Since I installed the official client, the game freezes for unknown reasons. The format did not help. Drivers also. It seems to me that the computer is stuck because it is old. Problems with him more and more often. When I buy a new one, this problem will end.

@adminless
There is one more problem that I can't fix. Every few minutes there are mini lags in the game. I bought a new router (C6 AC1200 TP-Link) and a new internet antenna. Every 5 - 10 minutes (sometimes more often) mini lags appear that usually last 30 seconds. Ping jumps from 25 to 40-50, although in practice I feel like I have ping +120.
This is not fiber optic internet but I had no such problems once. The internet provider claims that they have 0% of lost packages throughout the day. This problem is getting worse and is very disturbing in the game.

@fernandinho1337
You're right. 120Hz is enough. More is unlikely to help. But the difference between 60Hz and 120 / 144Hz is large. I think it definitely helps. Soon I will find out what are the sensations on such a monitor.

https://files.fm/u/kvndvkta
Dr.GreenThumb
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: Dr.GreenThumb

Post by Dr.GreenThumb »

@adminless - okay I understand, thank you :-)

@.WTF!Wrong! - if you've checked everything else, you may want to lower the default MTU on your router. Have a look here:
https://www.speedguide.net/articles/mtu ... t-make-111
WhoAmI
User lv4
User lv4

Post by WhoAmI »

@Dr.GreenThumb how to do it, lower it?
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

np mate no need to stress over it, I was just proposing that date in case it coincided that we could just make it. I knew that you was busy on weekends, that's why I proposed a week day instead next and if it's more convenient for you, we can just make it on a week day at a time like this (i.e. around 20:00 for example), that's fine. I understand however I wouldn't like to delay this way too much or if not it may end up nowhere (i.e. interest fade away, schedules, holidays etc etc). it's not that I'm trying to pressure you or anything, if your computer doesn't work it just doesn't work but if possible I would prefer to arrange this around this week. think that if you just can't play or anything I can simply call the match void due technical reasons, that's why I'm there for and also if on the future you get a better computer, improve your game or anything else we can just set a rematch if you feel like that and you'll already reach there with the experience of a previous match. my advice to you is just to give it a try even if not perfect.

now, technically I just don't know, what computer do you have? a laptop? if so, disable any power save feature you have asap and always game with it plugged to the wall. also you mention about wifi, you can not rely on wifi for such a over the top network performance, try via a regular Ethernet cable and besides some occasional congestion like that even on fiber is normal, I mean, it does happens anyways. I checked your ping a couple of times from server and I got something like this:

Code: Select all

--- a.b.c.d ping statistics ---
1000 packets transmitted, 1000 received, 0% packet loss, time 20608ms
rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 23.248/23.425/27.561/0.290 ms, pipe 2
that's looks solid to me, particularly for a polish connection, I wouldn't stress too much about it.

ok, now coming to the match itself, well, unfortunately that's not how things work so I'll explain you briefly. matches are played at 5 maps, where each player can chose two different maps from the map pool and a final possible fifth tie-breaker gets designated by the organization (i.e. by me). also matches are played in A-B-B-A-tie-breaker order, where the player "A" is the statistically (or by other mean) regarded stronger player of the fight, in this case the player A is Miroslav. so he already chose the "hubs" (hub3aeroq3 and hub3tourney1) and I designed pukka3tourney2 as a tie-breaker. then that leave you to chose the two remaining maps from the pool. as we were short on time the Sunday to discuss this (as you can see) I suggested pro-q3dm6 and ztn3tourney1 as your picks but you can of course change them now if you want. there's also the no written rule to try to avoid repeating maps if possible, so check the map pool now and let me know what are your two picks for the bout.