more maps

Quick Unregistered Guest forum.
Kris Prolls

more maps

Post by Kris Prolls »

Adminless hello

Could you add the map Overkill in the rotation of maps on the most used server. And possibly another map of your choice for 20 players. thank you in advance

happy holidays
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: more maps

Post by adminless »

hey hi again mate

well that has been long (for more than years already) discussed at the forums like here for example. so long story short, they just don't work mate, that's the reality, custom maps actually kill servers in reality instead (proof notice how "coincidentally" a year later "UnFreeZe2", now "FreeFUn", is alive again). like it or not Quake III Arena doesn't come with any other good maps for this beside the ones that already play at the server and although possible the game wasn't even never really designed to allow for distribution of add-ons just like that and such means are even way beyond obsolete already. trust me on that, on more than a decade being a top admin, I never got any custom map servers to work, not even by chance, not now and neither 10 years ago, and you can trust me that I did try and I did try good (as you can see). for the most part custom maps would only really appeal to like a 25% of the population at most, the rest would end up put off by them in no time if it's that by chance they manage somehow to get to the server that probably 50% of them won't. trust me on that because if you think that someone that just bought the game at steam this Christmas by chance will go looking for some "shit" for it to play at some "random server", I'm sorry but let me tell you that you're delusional, that doesn't happen, that person will simply throw away that game and will go to look for another one that it actually works out-of-the-box as it should that's the reality and like I coincidentally just explained at other thread a game that fails to bring new players is sentenced to die.

sorry for the lecture it wasn't my intention haha I was simply explaining myself because trust me that this has been requested quite a lot of times already. happy holidays for you too. see you