Full server with a viewer (s)

Quick Unregistered Guest forum.
Kris Prolls

Full server with a viewer (s)

Post by Kris Prolls »

Hi Mr Adminless (our pleasure provider :)

Would it be possible for the server to deliver a message when it is full, such as "No spec allowed when the server is full, Thanks"

I have noticed several times that some players remain connected to the server as a spectator which prevents other players wanting to play to connect to the server. I find it harmful and unfortunate ...

I thank you in advance for taking my request into consideration

With all my respect and sympathy for your work, Best Regards
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: Full server with a viewer (s)

Post by adminless »

hey hi there

server actually doesn't deliver a message to the spectators when it's full, it directly kicks them after 20 minutes already when it gets full. I know that perhaps 20 minutes could be a bit high value (the "traditional" rule is just 5 minutes max) but well giving the high number of slots and that most of the times the people who go spec are usually those who actually play the most, like 4 or more hours a day here, I'd personally find it very rude, disappointing and basically lame if I would get kicked from my favorite server that I play most of the day just because I was picking a phone call and then I would have to wait like half a hour to connect again. it may also be a issue in case someone is actually making a demo to post some report here or just recording the server and then it gets kicked almost immediately all the time. imo, I review the server frequently and I find the spec usage overall fair, I mean, most of the times those that quit and left connected there as you're saying gets kicked nearly immediately when the server gets full and those who doesn't generally join again the game some "minutes" later. like I said, I typically review those kind of things so if I notice people abusing the spec or this become a issue then I guess I could lower that value a bit more (I mean for example starting past month that load spiked it was reduced from half an hour) like into 10-15 minutes.

anyways also remember that for this very same reason (that there's enough slots for everybody to play comfortably) is why there's actually two servers, so probably the best option if something doesn't go at the main server is give a try to connect at the same ip but on port 27961 for the secondary server.

see you
Kris Prolls

Post by Kris Prolls »

hi Adminless :wave:
"it directly kicks them after 20 minutes already when it gets full."

I totally forgot about that ... :oops:

"the people who go spec are usually those who actually play the most, like 4 or more hours a day here, I'd personally find it very rude, disappointing and basically lame if I would get kicked from my favorite server that I play most of the day just because I was picking a phone call and then I would have to wait like half a hour to connect again. it may also be a issue in case someone is actually making a demo to post some report here or just recording the server and then it gets kicked almost immediately all the time. "

Seen from this angle you are absolutely right. :thumbup:

The alternative of the second server is a good option, thanks for that.

Thank you for your quick and clear answer, and thank you also for worrying about the well being of the usual and motivated players, as well as the good health of the server. :clap:

You are a very good Admin and I congratulate you, I am sincere.

I'm sorry to have bothered you again for that when you've already thought about it.

Best Regards 8-)
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

haha np don't worry mate you did the right thing which is post your questions and your suggestions and not just "assume" things and in fact it's a interesting topic to discuss so that's cool, that's for what this forum is there :thumbup:

for the rest it's that, after think it closely I don't actually see a issue at the moment, if things get out of hand I'll can lower it a bit, not bellow 10 mins as I think that would do more harm overall than good but perhaps around 12-16 minutes could be a good compromise. also if it's just a particular player exploiting the spec in a consistent basis the policy here is simply, actually ban that player instead.

have fun, see you