High Ping

Quick Unregistered Guest forum.
Kris Prolls

High Ping

Post by Kris Prolls »

Hello Adminless

I see regularly on the unfreeze server 1 players with a ping higher than 150, which for a fps seems to me much too (ex: Mousy plays with a ping of about 230).

I really do not see the interest of playing a fps like Quake III with a high ping, whether for the one at this high ping or for those who play with or against him.

Would not it be possible for the server to kick players with a ping greater than 150 or 175 for example?

Thank you in advance for taking this request into consideration.

Best regard
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: High Ping

Post by adminless »

hello there

well, the server is actually oriented at the whole European continent, so it's already restricted to be accessed from the South America as well as the Asian and Pacific zones therefor in practice limiting the ping around the values you're mentioning, this is under 150 in most cases. now, happens that server is still accessible from the middle east, i.e. countries like Israel or Libya (technically they still belong to European network entities), where mostly due to lower development of the infrastructure ping starts to raise and specially from the African region which is particular the case of the player you're taking note, Mousy, indeed this is a guy connecting from no other than South Africa therefor his high ping.

so long story, yes I could restrict the access to the server from the African region altogether for the reasons you're pointing out, however I just don't feel like it. this is not a charity organization nor is my job to make the lives of the people of this world better however at the same time I also feel like it's no right to go harming people unnecessarily and that's how I see this. people from this region, Africa, already have a hard time as to even haven them disallowed to be able to enjoy some online gaming since as I pointing you out, people from this region if they aren't allowed to play on European servers like this one they basically will find them unable to enjoy any online gaming whatsoever. it's not like on south America or the Asian regions where there's alternatives in Africa as you may guess they have this or nothing. so that's like I said without any other issue about them (i.e. misbehavior/absurdly poor performance etc etc) is simply unnecessary, big time selfish, cruel and even abusive I would say therefor I hope you can understand that part too.

anyways thank you for your suggestions.