web server ipv6 outage

UnFreeZe Game Servers News forum.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

web server ipv6 outage

Post by adminless »

just reporting here that this noon from 13:00 till 16:00 there was a ipv6 outage involving the web server that also handles routing totally unrelated with the migration of the new main server. it turns out that provider just reworked their network which led to some ipv6 changes (ex. new addresses) that consequently broke the connectivity. it appears by now I just implemented all necessary changes so far so connectivity/service should be fully restored although further changes can be expected in next days. on the upside after the change I noticed -1 msec latency improvements overall so at least it looks like it was worth.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Re: web server ipv6 outage

Post by PacMan »

adminless wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 17:07 just reporting here that this noon from 13:00 till 16:00 there was a ipv6 outage involving the web server that also handles routing totally unrelated with the migration of the new main server. it turns out that provider just reworked their network which led to some ipv6 changes (ex. new addresses) that consequently broke the connectivity. it appears by now I just implemented all necessary changes so far so connectivity/service should be fully restored although further changes can be expected in next days. on the upside after the change I noticed -1 msec latency improvements overall so at least it looks like it was worth.
Don't worry everyone will sleep in deep unfriz until it's ready :thumbup:
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

it was no problem as the rest of the stuff just kept working and it got sorted real quick to be honest but just saying in case someone was connected to the de routes and then went offline. it sucked because I was actually setting up the other server and then I got completely mess up so I'll have to review that later on but for the rest it should be good. as usual it should be a very clear and good example while I always say that you just can not entirely rely only in one product.
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

Post by fernandinho1337 »

for some reason ipv6 on the freefun does not seem to work anymore. I also cannot ping the ip. for the main server it still works. what am I doing wrong?
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

make sure you're typing the right dns, fpsclassico.com, with two ss instead of one for the secondary server (ex. \connect -6 fpsclassico.com:27962) as from what I can tell from my end all the routes (IPv4 and IPv6) from all the servers are working at the moment.
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

Post by fernandinho1337 »

it is working. thank you