Post by SAAB »

Intresting who have Quake live :)?
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: Quake live

Post by adminless »

I do :P but mostly for "research" purposes as I'm not really that much of a player hehe I just got it past Christmas in one of those ridiculous low sales, like for a couple of bucks. anyways, now that you mention about it, in the last weeks I've been doing paid work for a international leading isp as a tech support agent so let's see if I'm capable of manage myself to bring a bunch of just basic Quake Live UnFreeZe a-like servers in that new host I finally was lucky enough to bootstrap with the well know proven image that runs on the main server in the middle term (within this month I finally hope if I focus and stabilize a little hehe) as I had in my mind for quite some time already.

Post by Guest »

me too buy for 2 $ :DD but much more time spend on quake unfreze :D
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

adminless wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 23:11 I do :P but mostly for "research" purposes as I'm not really that much of a player hehe I just got it past Christmas in one of those ridiculous low sales, like for a couple of bucks. anyways, now that you mention about it, in the last weeks I've been doing paid work for a international leading isp as a tech support agent so let's see if I'm capable of manage myself to bring a bunch of just basic Quake Live UnFreeZe a-like servers in that new host I finally was lucky enough to bootstrap with the well know proven image that runs on the main server in the middle term (within this month I finally hope if I focus and stabilize a little hehe) as I had in my mind for quite some time already.
ok, that "in the middle term" took me some more months than what I had planned (I haven't planned to go this far with all this season update/maintenance) but finally I launched a quakelive server as you can read on this thread here. the ip is 85.10.197.105:27968 (quakelive.fpsclasico.de:27968) but I guess that you should of be able to locate it like any other quakelive server. it turns out I don't even have steam installed anymore and I don't feel like dealing with that at the moment so that's more of a "blind" installation, therefor I'd appreciate if some of you would give it a try and let me know if it worked for you. it runs on the same enterprise grade server custom well established environment as this then I guess that unless something is badly broken it should just works.

finally after scheme about this installation for months I changed my mind about deploying a UnFreeZe "clone" there like I mentioned. as I worked things off I realized that it was probably going to fall very short from this then I simply deployed a good old fashion Rocket Arena 3 1.8 ra3map1 only dedicated quakelive alike server by now. I have the felling that is probably the best option to start with and then if things get going, go from there.