Racist Name

Other Reports Discussion forum.
Gladiat0r
User lv2
User lv2
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2023 21:36
in-game nick: *DT*^GLADIAT0R / *DT*NoobsHunter

Racist Name

Post by Gladiat0r »

there is someone reguarly playing on the main server under the name white^nigga , when we asked him what was his intention for naming himself like that ,he chose to eventually insult us without explaining in a sensible way , please ban his nick.
User avatar
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 5407
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 19:05
in-game nick: not available
Location: Spain

Re: Racist Name

Post by adminless »

ok, I'll review that later today. thanks for the input.
Ratm
User lv1
User lv1
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2022 22:40

Re: Racist Name

Post by Ratm »

Gladiat0r. Why do you lie? I was not insulting anybody personally and I was trying to explain reasoning behind my nick. It is hard to do great explanation while playing a game, but my intention was not to insult anybody (unless you identify yourself as a person that knows everything best and have the right to tell other people what they can and can not think or say, then I might insult you a little :P). I hope there are some server logs that have the record of that chat. I change nicks often based on the mood. That day I choose to use white nigga to trigger some "woke" ppl. To my surprise there actually were some ppl that find that nick offensive, even when I tried to explain why I choose it. If there were some offensive comments it was towards me, not coming from me. I'm not racist, I have some black colleagues and I have nothing more then respect for them. This nick is not directed against black people, but against people that are afraid of words. Word without a context mean nothing. I believe I have the right to use word nigger as long as it's not directed towards a person or group in the intention of offending them. I'm against a culture where you have to say nword as a replacement, it's ridiculous. The only group that is allowed to use word nigger/nigga is black americans and that is also ridiculous. You can't ban words based on race, actually that's racist. Moreover, I can live with ppl in America doing that (they have their shitty history and it's better not touch shit as it starts to smell bad), but this movement is coming to Europe and other parts of world and that is also insane. So I believe you should not offend other people, you should not base your opinion about ppl based on race or nationality (or nick, right Ace?) and you should not ban words because somebody, sometime might have use it to offend someone. Using this logic we should ban word gladiator as they where slaves used to fight to death to make crowds happy. We should ban that word so descendants of the gladiators don't feel offended...
User avatar
Bishop
User lv4
User lv4
Posts: 78
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:13
in-game nick: bishop
Location: Bosnia and Herzegovina

Re: Racist Name

Post by Bishop »

tl;dr "I want attention"

It's quite comic that you haven't got any smarter business other than to provoke with such gimmicks, and make-up arguments to justify yourself using the most unimaginative words out there. And what's even worse—you strive for attention by taking quite controversial and generally unacceptable terms to name your game nickname. What's the game got to do with outside affairs and agendas? As for your quite poor historical/linguistical argument concerning Gladiators—many were volunteers, criminals, or even prisoners of war. It's misleading to equate the term "gladiator" with slavery (i.e. Marcus Attilius, free-born Roman, who most likely volunteered himself for gladiatorial combat as a way of freeing himself from debt. Commodus and more...). Come up with a normal nickname, and play the game like everyone else.
Ratm
User lv1
User lv1
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2022 22:40

Re: Racist Name

Post by Ratm »

Bishop wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 21:22 tl;dr "I want attention"
Ain't that what we all want? :P
Bishop wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 21:22 It's quite comic that you haven't got any smarter business other than to provoke with such gimmicks
Maybe, playing 20 year old game may be seen similarly. Basically it was just a (stupid) way to react to my mood at that time :) I can agree that this game/servers is most likely not the best place to manifest or discuss political or philosophical ideas/issues ;)
Bishop wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 21:22 justify yourself using the most unimaginative words out there.
Not sure if I know what you mean, not sure if I care... ;) English is not my native language so things can be lost in translation ;)
Bishop wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 21:22 And what's even worse—you strive for attention by taking quite controversial and generally unacceptable terms to name your game nickname.
I don't know why it's worse. I assume it's just a figure of speech.
I've been here for few years now. I had other controversial nicks, nobody noticed or reported that. It kinda proves my point that when you mention Putin killed 300K people or other terrible things nobody gives a fuck, but when you say nigger you suddenly are public enemy #1. It's kind of a stretch to say that my main reason is seeking attention here. With the nick I was hoping for a heated discussion (for fun). Mostly I got insulting comments and request for ban.
Bishop wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 21:22 What's the game got to do with outside affairs and agendas?
Agree, as mentioned above that was pure choice. I think I learned my lesson
Bishop wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 21:22 As for your quite poor historical/linguistical argument concerning Gladiators—many were volunteers
Yes, some were, many weren't. It's not the point, I was trying to show this ridiculous argument as an example that banning a word is ridiculous thing to do. No matter what is the history of the word. It's just a word. If you don't get it you won't get it. It's like a debate if there is a God, ppl that believe in it will not agree that there is no God, ppl that don't believe will not get convinced either. We can just agree to disagree.


As a closing sentence I want to say I responded to Gladiat0r post only because it had some information that was not true. I tried explain my reasons. You may not agree with it, you may say it's stupid but it is what it is. I will not post on that subject anymore as I agree this is no place to discuss this kind of stuff. GL HF... and no Pac no win :P
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
Posts: 1131
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2017 16:09
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ
Location: u.k

Re: Racist Name

Post by PacMan »

Ratm wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 20:54 Gladiat0r. Why do you lie? I was not insulting anybody personally and I was trying to explain reasoning behind my nick. It is hard to do great explanation while playing a game, but my intention was not to insult anybody (unless you identify yourself as a person that knows everything best and have the right to tell other people what they can and can not think or say, then I might insult you a little :P). I hope there are some server logs that have the record of that chat. I change nicks often based on the mood. That day I choose to use white nigga to trigger some "woke" ppl. To my surprise there actually were some ppl that find that nick offensive, even when I tried to explain why I choose it. If there were some offensive comments it was towards me, not coming from me. I'm not racist, I have some black colleagues and I have nothing more then respect for them. This nick is not directed against black people, but against people that are afraid of words. Word without a context mean nothing. I believe I have the right to use word nigger as long as it's not directed towards a person or group in the intention of offending them. I'm against a culture where you have to say nword as a replacement, it's ridiculous. The only group that is allowed to use word nigger/nigga is black americans and that is also ridiculous. You can't ban words based on race, actually that's racist. Moreover, I can live with ppl in America doing that (they have their shitty history and it's better not touch shit as it starts to smell bad), but this movement is coming to Europe and other parts of world and that is also insane. So I believe you should not offend other people, you should not base your opinion about ppl based on race or nationality (or nick, right Ace?) and you should not ban words because somebody, sometime might have use it to offend someone. Using this logic we should ban word gladiator as they where slaves used to fight to death to make crowds happy. We should ban that word so descendants of the gladiators don't feel offended...
But the server isn't here for any of this , sooooo what are you talking about dude.... Even if your not racists no need to do surveys
User avatar
^Walnut*
User lv4
User lv4
Posts: 90
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2021 20:38
in-game nick: -=ASS=-^WALNUT
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Racist Name

Post by ^Walnut* »

PacMan wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 23:15
Ratm wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 20:54 Gladiat0r. Why do you lie? I was not insulting anybody personally and I was trying to explain reasoning behind my nick. It is hard to do great explanation while playing a game, but my intention was not to insult anybody (unless you identify yourself as a person that knows everything best and have the right to tell other people what they can and can not think or say, then I might insult you a little :P). I hope there are some server logs that have the record of that chat. I change nicks often based on the mood. That day I choose to use white nigga to trigger some "woke" ppl. To my surprise there actually were some ppl that find that nick offensive, even when I tried to explain why I choose it. If there were some offensive comments it was towards me, not coming from me. I'm not racist, I have some black colleagues and I have nothing more then respect for them. This nick is not directed against black people, but against people that are afraid of words. Word without a context mean nothing. I believe I have the right to use word nigger as long as it's not directed towards a person or group in the intention of offending them. I'm against a culture where you have to say nword as a replacement, it's ridiculous. The only group that is allowed to use word nigger/nigga is black americans and that is also ridiculous. You can't ban words based on race, actually that's racist. Moreover, I can live with ppl in America doing that (they have their shitty history and it's better not touch shit as it starts to smell bad), but this movement is coming to Europe and other parts of world and that is also insane. So I believe you should not offend other people, you should not base your opinion about ppl based on race or nationality (or nick, right Ace?) and you should not ban words because somebody, sometime might have use it to offend someone. Using this logic we should ban word gladiator as they where slaves used to fight to death to make crowds happy. We should ban that word so descendants of the gladiators don't feel offended...
But the server isn't here for any of this , sooooo what are you talking about dude.... Even if your not racists no need to do surveys
Says the man that is taking up a whole topic talking back and forth with Noobkilla about who is the better player!!! He (NOOB)killa and you Pac(ASS) so it's a simple solution :P :lol:
*-=Masin rulezzz=-*
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
Posts: 1131
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2017 16:09
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ
Location: u.k

Re: Racist Name

Post by PacMan »

^Walnut* wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:04
PacMan wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 23:15

But the server isn't here for any of this , sooooo what are you talking about dude.... Even if your not racists no need to do surveys
Says the man that is taking up a whole topic talking back and forth with Noobkilla about who is the better player!!! He (NOOB)killa and you Pac(ASS) so it's a simple solution :P :lol:
That's who is the better noob lol
User avatar
PUFF
User lv3
User lv3
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2022 14:53

Re: Racist Name

Post by PUFF »

Ninja.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
Posts: 1131
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2017 16:09
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ
Location: u.k

Re: Racist Name

Post by PacMan »

:wave: :wave:
PUFF wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:42Ninja.jpg