Aiming Test v1.0 (test your mouse)

User's Guides & Help forum.
onlycape
User lv3
User lv3

Re: Aiming Test v1.0 (test your mouse)

Post by onlycape »

Hi all,
I added an "Evasion" mode that may be a somewhat more difficult challenge for more advanced players (at least the first minute :) ).
In this mode the objective has a simple AI and movement. And most importantly, following the Admin's suggestion, it now has a circular shape (it looks like a flying eye) :D .

https://jjcapellan.github.io/aimingtest/

Regards.
tar
User lv4
User lv4

Post by tar »

:wave:
Attachments
aim2.png
newb.zi (stats · system)
onlycape
User lv3
User lv3

Post by onlycape »

Thanks @tar for try it.
1 failed shot and 3 shots over 400ms !!!, at least this time the game still gives you chances to improve the score :D . I think now the difficulty is more balanced.

The evasion algorithm uses these parameters:
- Detection distance: 300px
- Duration of movement: 500ms (the speed varies but the time is constant)
- Minimum time between evasions: 800ms

That is, the target does not react when it is in motion, and when it ends it will be stopped at least 300ms.
So for slower players it may be better to reserve the first shot and lose some time following the target or they will have many negative scores (as happened to me :lol: until I found the right tactic for my characteristics).

Regards.
onlycape
User lv3
User lv3

Post by onlycape »

Hi all,
I just added the "TRACKING MODE" (it's meant to be a form of training to use the lg). I think that this time nobody is going to tell me that it is very easy. :twisted:

In this test we must hit with the pointer as long as possible (the test ends in 1 minute) on the target.

Score system:
  • Every second we shoot on the target: +10 points
  • Every second we fail: -10 points
  • Every second we do not shoot: -0.5 points
As an interesting fact, the average distance to the objective is shown at the end. I was going to include this parameter as a penalty, but ... I'm still on time :D .

https://jjcapellan.github.io/aimingtest/

Regards.
tar
User lv4
User lv4

Post by tar »

Indeed, not so easy.

Some things are annoying: the target often moves faster than any human can follow it and sometimes instantly avoids the mouse when it hits its border (instant change of movement). The target center sometimes even flies out of the screen area so that you can only hit the light green border. If you keep the fire button pressed and move the mouse out of the screen area (into the black area) and back into it again the game thinks you stopped shooting. So you have to release and press the fire button again.

What I also noticed: the target seems to react/move slower the more you hit it in the center.

I suggest you add a speed option there and include the selected speed into the calculated points :wave:
Attachments
aim3.png
newb.zi (stats · system)
onlycape
User lv3
User lv3

Post by onlycape »

tar wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 3:19 Indeed, not so easy.

Some things are annoying: the target often moves faster than any human can follow it and sometimes instantly avoids the mouse when it hits its border (instant change of movement). The target center sometimes even flies out of the screen area so that you can only hit the light green border. If you keep the fire button pressed and move the mouse out of the screen area (into the black area) and back into it again the game thinks you stopped shooting. So you have to release and press the fire button again.
Thanks @tar for the usefull feedback, and sorry, sometimes I forget that you're human :lol: .
I'm going to see what I can do with the problems you've mentioned.
tar wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 3:19 What I also noticed: the target seems to react/move slower the more you hit it in the center.

I suggest you add a speed option there and include the selected speed into the calculated points :wave:
In this case the target doesn't react to anything, it hasn't AI. I have to test if that behaivor is normal or not.
Now, I have a constant to control "average speed", but I'll look a way to limit the maximum and minimum speed.

Regards.
onlycape
User lv3
User lv3

Post by onlycape »

tar wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 3:19 Some things are annoying: the target often moves faster than any human can follow it and sometimes instantly avoids the mouse when it hits its border (instant change of movement). The target center sometimes even flies out of the screen area so that you can only hit the light green border. If you keep the fire button pressed and move the mouse out of the screen area (into the black area) and back into it again the game thinks you stopped shooting. So you have to release and press the fire button again.

Solved. Now it is even almost fit for casual gamers. :lol:
mattnicholas
Unleveled User

Post by mattnicholas »

I have played one more game to perfect your aiming before, but no doubt this is the best so far. The sound of shot is powerful. Though I haven't hit the high score :) I ma attaching my score here.

i would like to add one more useful resource to all the members on this thread to perfect mouse aiming. I have learnt this for Minecraft game. You can perfect your mouse clicking speed here https://www.clickspeedtester.com

It is also a small website where you can increase your mouse clicking speed which indirectly help you to score more in aimtrainer game.
Attachments
Screenshot.png