20180502234246-server.unfreeze.ga-q3dm14.dm_68
(350.15 KiB) Downloaded 15 times
newb.zi (stats · system)
your_sister
User lv3
User lv3

Re: Fed up with YS

Post by your_sister »

yes ban me for not exceptring camping at ra with 150 armor and letting ur team suffer, as long as you have ur ra
tar
User lv4
User lv4

Post by tar »

do you even know what camping is?
newb.zi (stats · system)
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

Post by fernandinho1337 »

@ newb.zi havent looked into the demos yet but I can tell YS has recently been very frustrated. I have seen him on Q3DM11 sitting/camping at Mega and also purposely (?) jumping into the void. I also think he is one of the players who shoot me in the back when they are on my own team...

Why I response: How did you name the demo files like you did? Have you done it manually or is there some type of command or script? My demos are called demoXXXX starting with 0001,0002, and so on.

best regards
tar
User lv4
User lv4

Post by tar »

The demo naming is done automatically if you use cl_autorecorddemo and no demo scripts (I guess, you use a script like "record demo0001" etc.).
newb.zi (stats · system)
tar
User lv4
User lv4

Post by tar »

fernandinho1337 wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 9:00I can tell YS has recently been very frustrated. I have seen him on Q3DM11 sitting/camping at Mega and also purposely (?) jumping into the void. I also think he is one of the players who shoot me in the back when they are on my own team...
When frustration sets in -> change your behaviour, e.g. if you want armor then just stay on RA and wait for its next respawn or walk to other armor spots.
When frustration stays -> /quit and come back later.
When frustration regularly comes back -> try to improve and debate your disadvantages
When you are still lagging behind -> improve movement, reaction time, aiming and invest in better hardware/connection.
If that still does not help -> accept you are not as good as others or change to a better fitting game/mod for you.
newb.zi (stats · system)
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

are you using unfreeze mod or osp? i thought autorecord only works on osp/cpma
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

tar wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 10:48
fernandinho1337 wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 9:00I can tell YS has recently been very frustrated. I have seen him on Q3DM11 sitting/camping at Mega and also purposely (?) jumping into the void. I also think he is one of the players who shoot me in the back when they are on my own team...
When frustration sets in -> change your behaviour, e.g. if you want armor then just stay on RA and wait for its next respawn or walk to other armor spots.
When frustration stays -> /quit and come back later.
When frustration regularly comes back -> try to improve and debate your disadvantages
When you are still lagging behind -> improve movement, reaction time, aiming and invest in better hardware/connection.
If that still does not help -> accept you are not as good as others or change to a better fitting game/mod for you.
you did not address me with that post did you?
tar
User lv4
User lv4

Post by tar »

No, YS.
newb.zi (stats · system)
tar
User lv4
User lv4

Post by tar »

fernandinho1337 wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 11:21are you using unfreeze mod or osp? i thought autorecord only works on osp/cpma
I only use unfreeze.
newb.zi (stats · system)
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

hey hello guys

well after being thinking closely about this for today I definitively understand this is quite a ugly situation and overall I believe that tar broke it very adequately on its post, in a nutshell if you get frustrated for whatever the reason is or you simply stop enjoy the game the best option for everybody is simply to stop playing it, perhaps not altogether and ever but at least for some time until you see the things in other light, couldn't agree more on that, however at the same time I also believe that the last time I warned him was several months ago and also considering that this guy has been one of the most long stander supporters of this I came to believe that it's a better option at the moment to leave this as a very serious warning before proceeding to a middle term ban (i.e. 10 days) rather than just directly go for a short term ban (i.e. 1 or 2 days ban) that probably it would only end up heating up the things even more.

so rest assured that any further complain/incident against him in the middle term (i.e. in the next weeks or so, of course, if he now stop causing you troubles for months I believe that is fair to let it go which at the end is for what bans are placed) will directly lead to a middle term ban. thanks for report and sorry for the inconveniences.
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

good decision and reasoning!
your_sister
User lv3
User lv3

Post by your_sister »

if the reasoning of tar is the standard, ban me permenantly. I will not be returning.
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

your_sister wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 22:01 if the reasoning of tar is the standard, ban me permenantly. I will not be returning.
i refer to adminless.

i think you are just trying to start fights purposely...is there anything going wrong in your life besides quake?
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

nah don't worry in explain stuff that doesn't even need explanations fer, ban just added now.