Quake III Arena UnFreeZe Client 2023.5 edition

UnFreeZe Game Servers News forum.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Quake III Arena UnFreeZe Client 2023.5 edition

Post by adminless »

ok so as commented recently finally these days I put together a new version of the classic ioQ3v6 UnFreeZe client package with the updated mod and all the latest changes and additions that happened along this time on the following zip you can download from any of those links down bellow. this time there's probably nothing breaking about this release, it's just the same package only with that was updated as well as any issues/bugs I found during this period of testing and use patched. mostly it's just that a maintenance release over the previous one. as usual the best way to go it's probably just download the thing, unzip it whatever you want (keep your previous one as well just in case), put your pak0.pk3 file inside the baseq3 folder and give it a good play rather than breaking it down here. the changes are mostly in tune with those brought on the forum, I think the most remarkably is the client support for the latest servers physics updates along with other minor details like finally added a third inside master server to be safe and a few extra embedded resolutions among other things. the hardcore settings has been as well updated this time with a new well known community imported setting, \r_mapgreyscale 1, so definitively worth checking that out too for those interested.

it's probably not 100% complete as I had no time yet to create another updated single player campaign as usual for each new version but I assume that was no reason to delay it anymore. I'll just go updating that along this days as usual as well as adding any further custom maps that can end up being played at some event or another. the same way the mod won't still give clean status until I have finished everything for the same reason, just in case I need to change something else, the package is 23.5 for a reason. I believe that until the next month or so once it has all been properly played I won't add it.

and that should be it by now, I think that probably this can be about the last version of the classic package. traditional x86 32 bit architecture is well obsolete by nowadays systems then I assume that there's probably no much point in keep producing this package any more so in what follows I'll focus more on the other fpsclasico community edition client and that will therefor be the main and recommended package instead. after years of use too it's mostly complete and pretty much on par with this one so I'll probably just spend a few more days/weeks working on that one and hopefully I believe in the next weeks I can probably update that here too (on the respective thread of course) so stay tuned for more.

have fun and as usual for any questions/problems with the package or anything just let me know here.
ANIMAL666
User lv2
User lv2
in-game nick: Animal666

Re: Quake III Arena UnFreeZe Client 2023.5 edition

Post by ANIMAL666 »

DOWNLOAD 1 =d
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

adminless wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 15:08 ok so as commented recently finally these days I put together a new version of the classic ioQ3v6 UnFreeZe client package with the updated mod and all the latest changes and additions that happened along this time on the following zip you can download from any of those links down bellow. this time there's probably nothing breaking about this release, it's just the same package only with that was updated as well as any issues/bugs I found during this period of testing and use patched. mostly it's just that a maintenance release over the previous one. as usual the best way to go it's probably just download the thing, unzip it whatever you want (keep your previous one as well just in case), put your pak0.pk3 file inside the baseq3 folder and give it a good play rather than breaking it down here. the changes are mostly in tune with those brought on the forum, I think the most remarkably is the client support for the latest servers physics updates along with other minor details like finally added a third inside master server to be safe and a few extra embedded resolutions among other things. the hardcore settings has been as well updated this time with a new well known community imported setting, \r_mapgreyscale 1, so definitively worth checking that out too for those interested.

it's probably not 100% complete as I had no time yet to create another updated single player campaign as usual for each new version but I assume that was no reason to delay it anymore. I'll just go updating that along this days as usual as well as adding any further custom maps that can end up being played at some event or another. the same way the mod won't still give clean status until I have finished everything for the same reason, just in case I need to change something else, the package is 23.5 for a reason. I believe that until the next month or so once it has all been properly played I won't add it.

and that should be it by now, I think that probably this can be about the last version of the classic package. traditional x86 32 bit architecture is well obsolete by nowadays systems then I assume that there's probably no much point in keep producing this package any more so in what follows I'll focus more on the other fpsclasico community edition client and that will therefor be the main and recommended package instead. after years of use too it's mostly complete and pretty much on par with this one so I'll probably just spend a few more days/weeks working on that one and hopefully I believe in the next weeks I can probably update that here too (on the respective thread of course) so stay tuned for more.

have fun and as usual for any questions/problems with the package or anything just let me know here.
Cool

Did you manage to squeeze that team change thing in at end of game score card , getting swapped.before you can even see where team finished ?

I know I know low priority lol
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

yes (low priority, I did not), beside that's a server side (mod) thing, it's not related with the client.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

package updated now with the updated single player campaign more in tune with what's being played lately at glacius and unless some other minor changes that might be found while building the community package on the next weeks hopefully finished as well now.