Ramp jumps

UnFreeZe/FreeFUn/glacius Game Servers forum.
User avatar
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 5265
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 19:05
in-game nick: not available
Location: Spain

Re: Ramp jumps

Post by adminless »

I think probably the only relevant part of that is probably "No, not according to my experience, according to what quake3 is. VQ3 rule set is just the vanilla game. That is what people want to play. Sure we want extra features like unlag, spectator features, stats, etc. Modifying the gameplay just makes it NOT quake3 though. It is an old game, people play quake3 because they want quake3. If they wanted to play different physics or balance then there are other shooters out there that fit just about any preference." first of all you're always talking to me like if I would owe you or the whole quake3 community that apparently elected you to represent them and speak on their behalf something when excuse me but I don't and second I think I have make it very clear even in this own thread, I never claimed (nor pretended) this be vanilla quake 3 nor cpm nor quakelive nor quake 2 nor anything else but something else different as I see fit and the most appropriate and again no, I don't need your permission and/or approval/validation for that or to write here so now stop saying that you moved on and start actually moving on instead as again if you wanted to tell that I was wrong you already have done that and now you're not doing anything else here. for the rest I don't think there's much else to add that haven't been said already so have a good day.
User avatar
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 5265
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 19:05
in-game nick: not available
Location: Spain

Re: Ramp jumps

Post by adminless »

well just drop this as I double checked even legacy classic assets to make sure I haven't read wrong.
The Hubster & Banjo wrote:TITLE : Dismemberment
FILENAME : hub3tourney1.zip
AUTHOR : The Hubster & Banjo
DATE : Feb 10 2001
TYPE : Tourney
EMAIL ADDRESS : hburji@hotmail.com
WEBSITE URL : http://hubster.challenge-au.com/
ZIPFILE CONTENTS : hub3tourney1.pk3, hub3tourney1.txt
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* LEVEL DESCRIPTION (UPDATED MARCH 7, 2001)*
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATED:
At the request of the CPL, I have updated the map by replacing the lower YA with
a RA. This counterbalances the domination of the RG.

UPDATED: More map speed optimisations. Clipping optimisations and additions.

Banjo and I designed the map for duel play in Challenge Promode. The map plays
fine with normal Quake III Arena. "Dismemberment" focusses around control of
the Yellow and Red Armours, while maintaining solid management of the Railgun.
The lower and upper floors are well connected, allowing thorough and easy transit
between levels.

The map's dark techno-gothic theme was inspired by the Team Arena map
"Scornforge". Textures were inspired from Team Arena.

Metal techfloor shader originally by id Software, modified by myself. Bouncepad
textures originally by Id Software, modified by myself.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DEATHMATCH : 7 Player Respawn Points
TEAM DEATHMATCH : Try it out, and tell me if it's fun?
SUGGESTED PLAYER LOAD : 2
DIFFICULTY SETTINGS : -
NEW TEXTURES : Yes
NEW SOUNDS : No
NEW MODELS : No

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* CONSTRUCTION *
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MAP BASE : New Map
PREFABS USED : My own (for the Square Cylinder Arches)
EDITOR(S) USED : Q3radiant 202B3, GTK Radiant 1.1 TA Beta
OTHER UTILITIES USED : Photoshop, Editpad, Qase
KNOWN BUGS : None
COMPILE MACHINE : P3 600eMhz, 256MB RAM, GeForce DDR
BSP TIME : Approx 20 seconds
VIS TIME : Approx 4 minutes
LIGHT TIME : Approx 10 minutes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* CREDITS *
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BANJO : for all his help. He was largely responsible for the layout, spawn and
item placements. This is as much his map as it is mine.
XFOO : Also had major input into the layout and item placements. Thankyou for
your expertise:-)
SHOVEL : Helped with performance optimisations. Thanks for teaching me some new
things buddy!
WASP : for keeping me going all this time. He knows more than anyone how long
it took for me to get this level done. Thanks for your support!
ID : for making a map like Scornforge - it's a fantastic piece of work!
ELCHI : for his support and encouragement.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* COPYRIGHT / PERMISSIONS *
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Authors MAY NOT use this level as a base to build additional levels.

You MUST NOT distribute this level UNLESS you INCLUDE THIS FILE WITH
NO MODIFICATIONS. If you don't co-operate, then DON'T DISTRIBUTE IT
IN ANY FORM.

This LEVEL may be distributed ONLY over the Internet and/or BBS systems.
You are NOT authorized to put this LEVEL on any CD or distribute it in
any way without my written permission.

Quake III Arena (C) 1999 id Software. All rights reserved.
Quake III Team Arena (C) 2000 id Software. All rights reserved.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
Posts: 1111
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2017 16:09
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ
Location: u.k

Re: Ramp jumps

Post by PacMan »

adminless wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:55 well just drop this as I double checked even legacy classic assets to make sure I haven't read wrong.
The Hubster & Banjo wrote:TITLE : Dismemberment
FILENAME : hub3tourney1.zip
AUTHOR : The Hubster & Banjo
DATE : Feb 10 2001
TYPE : Tourney
EMAIL ADDRESS : hburji@hotmail.com
WEBSITE URL : http://hubster.challenge-au.com/
ZIPFILE CONTENTS : hub3tourney1.pk3, hub3tourney1.txt
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* LEVEL DESCRIPTION (UPDATED MARCH 7, 2001)*
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATED:
At the request of the CPL, I have updated the map by replacing the lower YA with
a RA. This counterbalances the domination of the RG.

UPDATED: More map speed optimisations. Clipping optimisations and additions.

Banjo and I designed the map for duel play in Challenge Promode. The map plays
fine with normal Quake III Arena. "Dismemberment" focusses around control of
the Yellow and Red Armours, while maintaining solid management of the Railgun.
The lower and upper floors are well connected, allowing thorough and easy transit
between levels.

The map's dark techno-gothic theme was inspired by the Team Arena map
"Scornforge". Textures were inspired from Team Arena.

Metal techfloor shader originally by id Software, modified by myself. Bouncepad
textures originally by Id Software, modified by myself.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DEATHMATCH : 7 Player Respawn Points
TEAM DEATHMATCH : Try it out, and tell me if it's fun?
SUGGESTED PLAYER LOAD : 2
DIFFICULTY SETTINGS : -
NEW TEXTURES : Yes
NEW SOUNDS : No
NEW MODELS : No

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* CONSTRUCTION *
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MAP BASE : New Map
PREFABS USED : My own (for the Square Cylinder Arches)
EDITOR(S) USED : Q3radiant 202B3, GTK Radiant 1.1 TA Beta
OTHER UTILITIES USED : Photoshop, Editpad, Qase
KNOWN BUGS : None
COMPILE MACHINE : P3 600eMhz, 256MB RAM, GeForce DDR
BSP TIME : Approx 20 seconds
VIS TIME : Approx 4 minutes
LIGHT TIME : Approx 10 minutes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* CREDITS *
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BANJO : for all his help. He was largely responsible for the layout, spawn and
item placements. This is as much his map as it is mine.
XFOO : Also had major input into the layout and item placements. Thankyou for
your expertise:-)
SHOVEL : Helped with performance optimisations. Thanks for teaching me some new
things buddy!
WASP : for keeping me going all this time. He knows more than anyone how long
it took for me to get this level done. Thanks for your support!
ID : for making a map like Scornforge - it's a fantastic piece of work!
ELCHI : for his support and encouragement.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* COPYRIGHT / PERMISSIONS *
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Authors MAY NOT use this level as a base to build additional levels.

You MUST NOT distribute this level UNLESS you INCLUDE THIS FILE WITH
NO MODIFICATIONS. If you don't co-operate, then DON'T DISTRIBUTE IT
IN ANY FORM.

This LEVEL may be distributed ONLY over the Internet and/or BBS systems.
You are NOT authorized to put this LEVEL on any CD or distribute it in
any way without my written permission.

Quake III Arena (C) 1999 id Software. All rights reserved.
Quake III Team Arena (C) 2000 id Software. All rights reserved.


Out of curiosity how much game play did RH have before the change , as I don't see him play much anyway


I don't think no big with it , after all it's just unfriz q3 mod we all like playing ramp jumps make no difference to the top players and help the weak players from what I can see , and weak players still get killed lol I should know
User avatar
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 5265
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 19:05
in-game nick: not available
Location: Spain

Re: Ramp jumps

Post by adminless »

he often plays (or at least played) here from time to time mostly under random nicks.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
Posts: 1111
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2017 16:09
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ
Location: u.k

Re: Ramp jumps

Post by PacMan »

adminless wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 11:21 he often plays (or at least played) here from time to time mostly under random nicks.
Ok makes sense , random that is lol
RH
User lv4
User lv4
Posts: 107
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2022 23:43

Re: Ramp jumps

Post by RH »

adminless wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:55 UPDATED:
At the request of the CPL, I have updated the map by replacing the lower YA with
a RA. This counterbalances the domination of the RG.

UPDATED: More map speed optimisations. Clipping optimisations and additions.

Banjo and I designed the map for duel play in Challenge Promode. The map plays
fine with normal Quake III Arena. "Dismemberment" focusses around control of
the Yellow and Red Armours, while maintaining solid management of the Railgun.
The lower and upper floors are well connected, allowing thorough and easy transit
between levels.
CPMA is a mod, it has both CPM and VQ3 rule sets. Considering the CPL is mentioned, which only ever played VQ3, it sure sounds like he's talking about the mod in general and not CPM with full air control and double jumps and shit.

Just go ask hub if he built it for CPM or VQ3, only way you'll have a real answer. AGAIN I mention hub specifically because he made both the QL versions of dismemberment and aerowalk, both of which were implemented in QL before double jumps existed and ramp jumps have never been a part of the core VQL gameplay (only now visible as you mentioned with self hosted servers). QL aerowalk is a mix of cpm22 and hub3aeroq3, both made by hub, with minimal or no changes outside of what you can see in those two maps, put together by hub himself for quakelive.

This is what I have a problem with. You aren't just saying you want your dumb little mod to run this way and piss off or keep away any serious player who does not want these changes, but you also are insisting that this is the CORRECT way and INTENDED way to play, which is absolutely 100% false. Stop insisting you know what you are talking about, because you clearly have zero clue about the game mode, quake3 in general, or even just the general gameplay that has been competitive in Q3 for more than 2 decades.

If you want to run CPM, just ditch your mod because it is worthless in that context. CPMA mod is easy enough to host all the same and actually gathers players who want that kind of gameplay.
PacMan wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:08 Out of curiosity how much game play did RH have before the change , as I don't see him play much anyway

I don't think no big with it , after all it's just unfriz q3 mod we all like playing ramp jumps make no difference to the top players and help the weak players from what I can see , and weak players still get killed lol I should know
I have never once seen you on either of the duel servers. You realize I am ONLY talking about duel right? I only got pissed and started posting here after I stomped on some kid on the duel server while he was doing stupid double jump shit to get RA on hub and he still lost by over 70 frags.

I monitor several servers almost around the clock, and absolutely nobody has played more games on the unlagged fpsclasico duel server than I have since it was introduced. I am probably also the only player who offered feedback to improve it, reported bugs with it, and one of a very small few that requested it be put up in the first place. I also even reported several cheaters that showed up and played there that potentially could have slipped through the cracks in a dumbed down environment like the FT servers.

And what are you even talking about "make no difference to the top players"? One, I don't hold a very high opinion of the skill level across unfreeze so "top players" to me is just laughable. Two, basically everyone who responded when double jumps were introduced DID NOT LIKE THEM. Adminless just forced them on the community with his typical savior complex thinking he knows what everyone likes better than they do. I do not even care about the unfreeze FT servers having double jumps because the game mode is basically as non-competitive as you can get, but the duel server was perfectly vanilla until just recently.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
Posts: 1111
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2017 16:09
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ
Location: u.k

Re: Ramp jumps

Post by PacMan »

RH wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 17:57
adminless wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:55 UPDATED:
At the request of the CPL, I have updated the map by replacing the lower YA with
a RA. This counterbalances the domination of the RG.

UPDATED: More map speed optimisations. Clipping optimisations and additions.

Banjo and I designed the map for duel play in Challenge Promode. The map plays
fine with normal Quake III Arena. "Dismemberment" focusses around control of
the Yellow and Red Armours, while maintaining solid management of the Railgun.
The lower and upper floors are well connected, allowing thorough and easy transit
between levels.
CPMA is a mod, it has both CPM and VQ3 rule sets. Considering the CPL is mentioned, which only ever played VQ3, it sure sounds like he's talking about the mod in general and not CPM with full air control and double jumps and shit.

Just go ask hub if he built it for CPM or VQ3, only way you'll have a real answer. AGAIN I mention hub specifically because he made both the QL versions of dismemberment and aerowalk, both of which were implemented in QL before double jumps existed and ramp jumps have never been a part of the core VQL gameplay (only now visible as you mentioned with self hosted servers). QL aerowalk is a mix of cpm22 and hub3aeroq3, both made by hub, with minimal or no changes outside of what you can see in those two maps, put together by hub himself for quakelive.

This is what I have a problem with. You aren't just saying you want your dumb little mod to run this way and piss off or keep away any serious player who does not want these changes, but you also are insisting that this is the CORRECT way and INTENDED way to play, which is absolutely 100% false. Stop insisting you know what you are talking about, because you clearly have zero clue about the game mode, quake3 in general, or even just the general gameplay that has been competitive in Q3 for more than 2 decades.

If you want to run CPM, just ditch your mod because it is worthless in that context. CPMA mod is easy enough to host all the same and actually gathers players who want that kind of gameplay.
PacMan wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:08 Out of curiosity how much game play did RH have before the change , as I don't see him play much anyway

I don't think no big with it , after all it's just unfriz q3 mod we all like playing ramp jumps make no difference to the top players and help the weak players from what I can see , and weak players still get killed lol I should know
I have never once seen you on either of the duel servers. You realize I am ONLY talking about duel right? I only got pissed and started posting here after I stomped on some kid on the duel server while he was doing stupid double jump shit to get RA on hub and he still lost by over 70 frags.

I monitor several servers almost around the clock, and absolutely nobody has played more games on the unlagged fpsclasico duel server than I have since it was introduced. I am probably also the only player who offered feedback to improve it, reported bugs with it, and one of a very small few that requested it be put up in the first place. I also even reported several cheaters that showed up and played there that potentially could have slipped through the cracks in a dumbed down environment like the FT servers.

And what are you even talking about "make no difference to the top players"? One, I don't hold a very high opinion of the skill level across unfreeze so "top players" to me is just laughable. Two, basically everyone who responded when double jumps were introduced DID NOT LIKE THEM. Adminless just forced them on the community with his typical savior complex thinking he knows what everyone likes better than they do. I do not even care about the unfreeze FT servers having double jumps because the game mode is basically as non-competitive as you can get, but the duel server was perfectly vanilla until just recently.

Tell me

Do you have option to disable them?

Correct I understand about duel server,.and you just proved it to yourself itade no difference because they still lost

I mean seriously, not to get I to a debate with you, but it's laughable that you find it laughable, because you don't play unfriz, and you probably are not that good at it either , because it's not just about aim right ? Or jumps, unfriz is a fun mod and very well supported for us noobs lol just saying


Dude I think you made your point clear and so has the admin

And overall it's no big deal in my opinion if your able to disable them, if you can't disable on duel server then I see that as the problem

End of story really
User avatar
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 5265
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 19:05
in-game nick: not available
Location: Spain

Re: Ramp jumps

Post by adminless »

Dude I think you made your point clear and so has the admin - pretty much long story short that's why I'm not even bothering on this anymore. as said, I presented my side of the history as well as he presented his and, no, definitively I'm not taking away any of my statements that those are the intended ways to play those maps nor changing any of my opinions that they play better and make for a more exciting game based on what this guy is saying. now based on that what people ultimately wanna believe themselves it's up to them to make their own minds as usual, I'm not trying to sell anything to anybody nor looking for anyone approval/validation.

just one thing that I would like to note cause I find it funny is that if someone is gonna credit me with making up all those jumps/routes out of nowhere that's definitely undue. the credit for those jumps/routes goes to the respective map authors that calculated all those trajectories. it's not like I invented something or out of the random (and moreover according to this guy logic I would never even be able to as I lack any game understatement whatsoever so that would even be way out of my abilities). that always has been there just not really used here and/or in the scene this guy is talking about for whatever the reason is, perhaps just hardcore blind death fanatics that can't see past that and get completely set off by it.
RH
User lv4
User lv4
Posts: 107
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2022 23:43

Re: Ramp jumps

Post by RH »

PacMan wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 22:52 Tell me

Do you have option to disable them?

Correct I understand about duel server,.and you just proved it to yourself itade no difference because they still lost

I mean seriously, not to get I to a debate with you, but it's laughable that you find it laughable, because you don't play unfriz, and you probably are not that good at it either , because it's not just about aim right ? Or jumps, unfriz is a fun mod and very well supported for us noobs lol just saying


Dude I think you made your point clear and so has the admin

And overall it's no big deal in my opinion if your able to disable them, if you can't disable on duel server then I see that as the problem

End of story really
No, they cannot be disabled on the duel server. Even if you choose not to use them, your opponent in a 1v1 will just have much greater mobility options than you at that point. 1v1/Duel is a lot different than unfreeze and it really matters to have the same level playing field for both players, and a predetermined rule set that everyone agrees on, which for quake3 duelers is VQ3 and does not include double jumps.

It is sad I even have to point it out, but the double jump implementation is actually also just horrible. You can do things that aren't possible in CPM or QL because of how they are implemented on unfreeze and now on the unlag duel server. Even with double jumps, it should not be possible to double jump to RA on hub without air control and it only works in CPM because you can literally 180 and carry a circle jump backwards to the armor. You can do it without the CPM air control on the unlag duel server right now, as shown in the video posted earlier in this thread. That is broken as fuck.

It is a bit odd that adminless hates duel so much that he has to ruin it for the people who actually enjoy it. He doesn't play the game mode, and has already stated he finds it boring and is only trying to change it to suit his taste against the actual interests of people who already enjoy duel.
adminless wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 23:15 Dude I think you made your point clear and so has the admin - pretty much long story short that's why I'm not even bothering on this anymore. as said, I presented my side of the history as well as he presented his and, no, definitively I'm not taking away any of my statements that those are the intended ways to play those maps nor changing any of my opinions that they play better and make for a more exciting game based on what this guy is saying. now based on that what people ultimately wanna believe themselves it's up to them to make their own minds as usual, I'm not trying to sell anything to anybody nor looking for anyone approval/validation.

just one thing that I would like to note cause I find funny is that if someone is gonna credit me with making up all those jumps/routes out of nowhere that's definitely undue. the credit for those jumps/routes goes to the respective map authors that calculated all those trajectories. it's not like a invented something or out of the random (and moreover according to this guy logic I would never even be able to as I lack any game understatement whatsoever so that would even be way out of my abilities). that always has been there just not really used here and/or in the scene this guy is talking about for whatever the reason is, perhaps just hardcore blind death fanatics that can't see past that and get completely set off.
Your side just happens to be making up shit to support whatever point you have without any actual understanding of the context and history, and certainly no understanding of the game mode.

I also didn't credit you for inventing trick jumps on these maps. Nothing you are showing is new, it is just new in this context where the server WAS vanilla duel and now it is obviously not. I even said as much in one of my previous responses. Just proof you haven't bothered to read anything because you can't handle being completely wrong.

If you want promode movement, then just throw your mod in the trash and run CPMA. Better to just run the right tool for the job instead of running your weird CPM rip off that vq3 or cpm duel players do not want. As it stands, it is not worth it to bother playing any games on your server for anyone who wants to play quake3 duel.
User avatar
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 5265
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 19:05
in-game nick: not available
Location: Spain

Re: Ramp jumps

Post by adminless »

RH wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 23:52You can do things that aren't possible in CPM or QL because of how they are implemented on unfreeze and now on the unlag duel server. Even with double jumps, it should not be possible to double jump to RA on hub without air control and it only works in CPM because you can literally 180 and carry a circle jump backwards to the armor.

too bad I don't have troll face smiles installed on the forum. yeah quite frankly as I said I just stopped bothering as everything that needed to be answered has already been and you're just bullshiting this with non sense. what you fail to realize even after all the material posted is that before bringing this I have made my research and have extensively tested it and compared it with the real thing so the results are consistent otherwise the dozens of jumps I showed wouldn't work. moreover what you don't even appear to know either is that the cpm physics code is as well of public domain.

the only point I concede in all that you have written is that sure obviously turning off rampjumps (in the context of them being available) is a disadvantage just as I wrote since the beginning when a few of them asked for such option (i.e. so you're handicapping yourself) so at the end the day you're even conceding yourself that they are indeed of use.
RH
User lv4
User lv4
Posts: 107
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2022 23:43

Re: Ramp jumps

Post by RH »

adminless wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 0:16
RH wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 23:52You can do things that aren't possible in CPM or QL because of how they are implemented on unfreeze and now on the unlag duel server. Even with double jumps, it should not be possible to double jump to RA on hub without air control and it only works in CPM because you can literally 180 and carry a circle jump backwards to the armor.

too bad I don't have troll face smiles installed on the forum. yeah quite frankly as I said I just stopped bothering as everything that needed to be answered has been already been and you're just bullshiting this with non sense. what you fail to realize even after all the material posted is that before bringing this I have made my research and have extensively tested it and compared it with the real thing so the results are consistent otherwise the dozens of jumps I showed wouldn't work. moreover what you don't even appear to know either is that the cpm physics code is as well of public domain.

the only point I concede in all that you have written is that sure obviously turning off rampjumps (in the context of them being available) is a disadvantage just as I wrote since the beginning when a few of them asked for such option so at the end the day you're even conceding yourself that they are indeed of use.
You try to prove a point, by showing a completely different jump? I know smilescythe and he's a pretty good defragger, so by all means go ask him his opinion and he will tell you the same damn thing.

You showed jumps from going up the stairs and turning around while double jumping in this post viewtopic.php?p=12377#p12377 which is very different than the one you just linked on youtube of smilescythe using forward momentum to double jump off that ledge. The one smilescythe did is esoteric and doesn't affect gameplay in any way because it doesn't change your speed or angle of the jump and you are still open to damage, giving the tradeoff that is necessary for good duel gameplay. The one you showed is not possible in QL and extremely game changing for VQ3. It is very common to double jump off the stairs or that LG ledge in CPM gameplay and then 180 around with the air control to grab red, but that is CPM which plays so different that it is essentially a different game.

You made your point that you don't like duel and want to ruin it for people who do like it. You can at least stop spouting total bullshit, lying, and making shit up to try and sound like you are correct after being proven wrong over and over.
User avatar
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 5265
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 19:05
in-game nick: not available
Location: Spain

Re: Ramp jumps

Post by adminless »

come on dude it's just the same exact thing just double jumping from the ledge it just differs in the way he gets there (instead from the stairs straight forward with virtually no forward momentum, shit, it's even explicitly written on the video). also honestly didn't even bother in answering before as probably try to argue with you is a waste of time but as you're bringing it yourself sure there's a very important trade off to all these jumps, I wouldn't call them extremely challenging as I can pull them off that sure I'm not a retard as you're trying to cast me but clearly I'm not a elite player by any means, they are definitively challenging (and a lot more than on cpm where I can pull them with relative ease). I assume they are called "tricks" for a reason and pull them off consistently it's not that simple and that's exactly their trade off. sure if you pull them off then great you gain an advantage but if you happen to miss then you totally fuck it up and I assume (from what I tested) many of them take that into account. for example, probably you didn't realize either but on the pukka ya-gl backward jump trick I showed I was scored -6, why? because each time I missed I fell into the slime and died miserably. the same stands probably for many other tricks and that's their trade off so again it's not such a broken shit.
User avatar
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 5265
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 19:05
in-game nick: not available
Location: Spain

Re: Ramp jumps

Post by adminless »

RH wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 0:36 You try to prove a point, by showing a completely different jump? I know smilescythe and he's a pretty good defragger, so by all means go ask him his opinion and he will tell you the same damn thing.

You showed jumps from going up the stairs and turning around while double jumping in this post viewtopic.php?p=12377#p12377 which is very different than the one you just linked on youtube of smilescythe using forward momentum to double jump off that ledge. The one smilescythe did is esoteric and doesn't affect gameplay in any way because it doesn't change your speed or angle of the jump and you are still open to damage, giving the tradeoff that is necessary for good duel gameplay. The one you showed is not possible in QL and extremely game changing for VQ3. It is very common to double jump off the stairs or that LG ledge in CPM gameplay and then 180 around with the air control to grab red, but that is CPM which plays so different that it is essentially a different game.

You made your point that you don't like duel and want to ruin it for people who do like it. You can at least stop spouting total bullshit, lying, and making shit up to try and sound like you are correct after being proven wrong over and over.
dude you're literally so full of shit, get the fuck out of here, no, like seriously, I was even giving you credit and at least taking in consideration your points and all but now I just saw that you're wasting my time with no fucking sense. what the fuck is wrong with you? just for the sake of it to see because the argument is not even about quakelive I just opened it now and after a few rounds of adjustment I was landing that like no problem. no bullshit, that's the real deal, open quakelive, map aerowalk duel, no custom settings, not even config and not even hitting 125 fps on a crappy laptop, just what the pros played for years at the events and you telling me that it's impossible that I know shit and go asking your fancy friends to know better. get the fuck out of here, you're less reliable than the weather report, no joking, this time I lost any respect for you. get lost and the next time you come with this kind of non sense bullshit I'll just ban you as it's just that you're giving misleading advice and wasting my time.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RH
User lv4
User lv4
Posts: 107
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2022 23:43

Re: Ramp jumps

Post by RH »

adminless wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 2:59
RH wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 0:36 You try to prove a point, by showing a completely different jump? I know smilescythe and he's a pretty good defragger, so by all means go ask him his opinion and he will tell you the same damn thing.

You showed jumps from going up the stairs and turning around while double jumping in this post viewtopic.php?p=12377#p12377 which is very different than the one you just linked on youtube of smilescythe using forward momentum to double jump off that ledge. The one smilescythe did is esoteric and doesn't affect gameplay in any way because it doesn't change your speed or angle of the jump and you are still open to damage, giving the tradeoff that is necessary for good duel gameplay. The one you showed is not possible in QL and extremely game changing for VQ3. It is very common to double jump off the stairs or that LG ledge in CPM gameplay and then 180 around with the air control to grab red, but that is CPM which plays so different that it is essentially a different game.

You made your point that you don't like duel and want to ruin it for people who do like it. You can at least stop spouting total bullshit, lying, and making shit up to try and sound like you are correct after being proven wrong over and over.
dude you're literally so full of shit, get the fuck out of here, no, like seriously, I was even giving you credit and at least taking in consideration your points and all but now I just saw that you're wasting my time with no fucking sense. what the fuck is wrong with you? just for the sake of it to see because the argument is not even about quakelive I just opened it now and after a few rounds of adjustment I was landing that like no problem. no bullshit, that's the real deal, open quakelive, map aerowalk duel, no custom settings, not even config and not even hitting 125 fps on a crappy laptop, just what the pros played for years at the events and you telling me that it's impossible that I know shit and go asking your fancy friends to know better. get the fuck out of here, you're less reliable than the weather report, no joking, this time I lost any respect for you. get lost and the next time you come with this kind of non sense bullshit I'll just ban you as it's just that you're giving misleading advice and wasting my time.
What that clip is showing is not the same jump. There is a bug with autohop that was introduced in the horrid autohop/loadouts update everyone hated that lets you jump off of walls. You can do the same thing on the other side where there is no ledge. You are basically jumping off the wall due to a clipping issue with autohop. Just slow the clip down, you can clearly see you aren't jumping off the ledge. Right click, speed 0.5, obvious.

Nobody does that in game because it is relatively impractical, slower, and usually less reliable than just being able to turn and circle off the ground like I showed previously. With the way your double jump works in unfreeze, you can literally just spin around and double jump right to red saving a ton of time like you are playing CPM. Thats stupid. Nobody wants that in VQ3 duel.

I had mistakenly assumed you had been around for awhile, but I guess not considering you don't even know about the autohop bugs that exist in QL that were just really funny to see when it was introduced and half the player base quit playing.

Try again.

You keep doing this bullshit where you are trying to prove me wrong, and you don't even know what you are trying to prove. Just stop. I would have dropped this argument ages ago and just stopped playing on the fucked up server settings if you would stop insisting that it is the "correct" and "intended" way to play when it is clearly not and never has been. You are lying or are just completely ignorant and have some extreme savior complex going on where you constantly think you know what players want better than they do, and you are constantly wrong.

You don't like VQ3 duel. I get it. Duel is not for everyone. It doesn't mean you have to make it "more exciting" and ruin it for people who actually enjoy it.

If you want movement heavy duel with no brain, just run CPMA like I said. It is pointless to play the middle ground and it is even more pointless to try and clone CPM.
User avatar
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 5265
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 19:05
in-game nick: not available
Location: Spain

Re: Ramp jumps

Post by adminless »

I sure noticed that the trajectories differed just as the games do, that was expected, so what? as I see it that's just the way clipping works there (I don't really think that's a "bug" and even if it were, bugs has always been part of the game, you even brought yourself that argument previously about strafing which I did not even bother in talk about) so it's not my fucking fault if the game is broken (according to you) so complain to them then why they haven't fixed it but if you're gonna tell me that it's just not possible to pull off some trick (which I had took your word on that and that's the only you add here so you save me testing time) it's better gonna be or then I'm really gonna be pissed. moreover, I also wrote this plenty of other times already, just copying/imitating qukelive (or something else) it's not even the point of this, but to be honest just after seeing that that's in fact the way the game (quakelive) comes by default (no custom settings, no anything, not even "proper" cfg) I have no doubts anymore about the rampjump settings here.