Possible cheater: EGO KILLER

Cheaters Reports Discussion forum.
pks
User lv3
User lv3

Possible cheater: EGO KILLER

Post by pks »

Hi,

Just saw this guy playing on FFA, dominating everyone, has good movement and all but some things do seem unnatural, as the scene attached here. Shoots rockets w/o seeing me and turns around VERY quickly.

Seems fishy.
Attachments
egokiller.dm_68
(23.1 KiB) Downloaded 39 times
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Re: Possible cheater: EGO KILLER

Post by PacMan »

pks wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 22:51 Hi,

Just saw this guy playing on FFA, dominating everyone, has good movement and all but some things do seem unnatural, as the scene attached here. Shoots rockets w/o seeing me and turns around VERY quickly.

Seems fishy.
Your easy kill :wave:
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

I assume the demo you posted is just wrong as it's only a few frames death from your pov (not enough for a serious ban) so I looked it up now and as I see it turns out that it was just long stander well known several times team UnFreeZe/star events invited player "the undead" randomly wreaking havoc at the ffa server. considering that, I assume that then probably it wasn't a cheater but just a top player. anyways, thanks for the input.
The Undead
User lv4
User lv4

Post by The Undead »

Awww nooo! now I need to change to another nick :D
Yes it is me :)
Playing sometimes under various nicknames, but not enough to be really back under "The Undead" ^^
Glad to see you guys again!
Cheers'
pks
User lv3
User lv3

Post by pks »

Lol, no the name is fitting. ;-) But in all honesty, how the hell do you turn around that fast?

@adminless
> I assume the demo you posted is just wrong as it's only a few frames death from your pov

I cut the demo to just these few seconds as this is the scene that stood out to me.

@pac:
> Your easy kill :wave:
EZ
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ah ok, I just watched it a few more times now to be safe then and I still don't really think that was a cheat. it appears to me he was already shoting on that direction beside I believe that there's even scripts/engine mods that provide 180 degree turns without them really being "cheats" beside as I said, unless it would be something absolutely flagrant, 101% certain just because of single shot you're not gonna drop a cheat ban like that, something more would be needed, particularly considering it was really known, experienced player in the making.
The Undead
User lv4
User lv4

Post by The Undead »

predictive rockets and sound helps a lot ^^
I recently changed my sens/accel
pks
User lv3
User lv3

Post by pks »

To fully exonerate EGO KILLER a.k.a. Undead, here's his perspective where the turn looks more normal (to my eyes at least).
Attachments
egokiller.gif
pks
User lv3
User lv3

Post by pks »

(thanks @fau for the video)
The Undead
User lv4
User lv4

Post by The Undead »

ah, then the rockets in the room when you were coming, wasn't from me (I thought :D )
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

The Undead wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 20:16 ah, then the rockets in the room when you were coming, wasn't from me (I thought :D )
I think I can frag you now :shock:
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

Post by fernandinho1337 »

pks wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 19:59 To fully exonerate EGO KILLER a.k.a. Undead, here's his perspective where the turn looks more normal (to my eyes at least).
doesnt look weird to me
The Undead
User lv4
User lv4

Post by The Undead »

pks wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 19:59 To fully exonerate EGO KILLER a.k.a. Undead, here's his perspective where the turn looks more normal (to my eyes at least).
I checked the gif carefuly and I now I understand better why this fast rotation looked weird, it looks like I made a 270° but wasn't my intention at all, it just that sometimes I remarked (since I play unfreeze) when I dont reboot my computer very often, my mouse movements are buggy and sometimes became totally crazy during 1 good full second.
After a proper pc reboot no more issue for a while.
Is that a known problem @adminless btw ?
I tried with q3e executables (instead of ioquake) but same issue in my side. It appears randomly but its a bit annoying sometimes. On RA3 mods, or QL etc I never experienced this in the past
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

not really, but I guess that you can probably try by installing/updating your mouse drivers with the manufacturer proprietary latest ones as well as probably limiting your mouse polling rate (aka frequency) to more modest values like 500 or 250 if possible/available. I mean, not saying that's really the issue but when playing legacy games there's probably not that much benefit with crazy polling rates and if something goes "wrong" (doesn't go perfectly) they are prone to potentially bug/glitch like that so it's worth trying.
The Undead
User lv4
User lv4

Post by The Undead »

Ok interesting, thanks I will check that 👍