february community event

Quake III Arena classic game servers forum.

what do you want to do with the potential ctf event?

Poll ended at Fri Mar 03, 2023 9:29

play it this Sunday 5 21:00 CET (UTC+01)
63%
play it this Wednesday 8 21:00 CET (UTC+01)
38%
nothing, better let it be by now and may be give it another try on the future
No votes

Total votes: 8

adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: february community event

Post by adminless »

unlucky, well, I'll set up one on Sunday (26 I gues) and one on week day (1 I guess) so you'll can participate in one at least. unfortunately Sunday is usually the best/safest option (for the majority) so let's see if somebody else has more input in the next few days otherwise I guess that then those will remain and I'll PM that by the Wednesday.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok, I just "computed" (not really as there's no previous ctf data but just draw my best guess) now for the ctf fight teams next week:
  • team red: aimer, masin, ami, P0rsche, berkut, mwhq3, shantu
  • team blue: miro, semi, fau, magi, cth, pks, pacman
as said, unfortunately drawing ctf balance is virtually impossible specially with no background data at all so I just set those teams to my best guess. if that's absolute junk and it doesn't work out I guess this time (to get started) I'll correct them in-game after each game if necessary (i.e. if no match). additionally I believe that I can at least use the results of the ffa event that will be played before to at least tune those a little if necessary so I believe that probably until next week the teams won't be definitive so stay tuned. for the ffa, still have no got any more input then I guess that probably tomorrow night I'll PM that followed by the ctf as well. as usual if something changes and/or it's reviewed I'll post it here.
oKo*Magister
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: oKo*Magister

Post by oKo*Magister »

I singed up for FFA, not really interested in ctf at the moment. Also I don't know if I will have time for this.
And about ffa, I think it won't be a problem if I'm not able to play all maps?
It's all in the spirit of Aimbot. *Mankubus voice*
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

ok, no problem, thanks for the update. I guess that as long as there's at least 10 people in/available for the ctf event it will carry on though in such case I should probably adjust again the maps accordingly then it would be good to know who else isn't interested/available on that beforehand as to not waste people's time. sure the good thing about the ffa is that people can come and go more freely than on team games without totally ruining the match although in such case of missing maps then you almost certainly loss your chance of topping and winning the event as the winner is taken merely by the scorecards (i.e. who scored the most on the night). overall ffa matches are capped at 15 mins and 60 frags for these events so in any case I highly doubt it will be a hours long event/problematic.
FraG_MasiN
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: ^>!<FraG_MasiN

Post by FraG_MasiN »

FFA!!!!
is win the wote FFA carnage night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yea :twisted: let he *CTF* event on next week pls i come no problem or on next week this week is FFA
FraG_MasiN
User lv4
User lv4

Post by FraG_MasiN »

when the event is over, some players will stay on server and we will play until the morning, thanks for understanding FFA MasiN :D
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

hehe good stuff, ok, ffa event PM sent now then to ami, miro, aimer, P0rsche, berkut, mwhq3, fau, masin, semi, cth, magi, shantu, pks, pacman. I assume that even if somebody misses/come/go early/late it shouldn't be a huge deal (i.e. ruin the game other than oneself) so that should go then as usual if somebody hasn't received it or anything just let me know, otherwise catch you the Sunday in-game.

ok, it appears like currently we're still thirteen for the next week ctf, as said, I believe that probably I'll give that a try anyways although if somebody want out (or even some last minute in) from that it would be good to know beforehand as to at least know what to expect and prepare so it doesn't end up being a let down. I guess that I'll PM (stil subject to some potential correction, from the ffa, I assume nothing will change) in a few days so stay tuned.
FraG_MasiN
User lv4
User lv4

Post by FraG_MasiN »

GL HF ALL FFA RULESs let the party begin !!!!adminles server rulesS! after event stey end fight :D by **//FraG_MasiN//** FFA carnage night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! let the best on server WIN!! for my is winer FFA event the best player on server :D
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

well I didn't receive any more input on the next week ctf event so I guess that we'll just give that a try so PM for that sent now to ami, miro, aimer, P0rsche, berkut, mwhq3, fau, masin, semi, cth, shantu, pks and pacman at the end of the day it's just not big deal to connect there and see what happens. as said, depending on the next days developments as well as the Sunday ffa carnage main event results there can be adjustments (of any kind, the teams, the maps, the date etc) over that so please stay tune otherwise hopefully catch you all next week in-game.

ok, in addition finally these days I also set up a stats site for the ffa server, ffa.fpsclasico.de, it's obviously still far from complete (so far it's merely a "clone" of the masters stats, I guess I'll properly finish that along the next week or so) but hopefully at least it should allow better tracking of the event as you can see on the attached screen.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mikes_uk
User lv2
User lv2

Post by Mikes_uk »

Hi ! 2 late to join for FFA?
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

probably not and I can send you ctf invite as well. sent now.
PUFF
User lv3
User lv3

Post by PUFF »

can you change the Gauntlet damage to 200/100? on ffa server.
more fun
p.s.: there is a problem with the names. and yesterday there were some problems on the .de routes :?:
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

that's clearly no "fun", that's retarded. yes, as I was finally completing that server stats site now I just realized that the names were totally fucked up. unfortunately I applied a patch this morning and it broke things, I guess tomorrow it should just work normally as usual so let me know then if it doesn't.
PUFF
User lv3
User lv3

Post by PUFF »

ffa is in generally retarded. you no fun :problem:
there were some issues: the enemy does not keep its color; identity target is off on tourney5 (maybe it's from my cfg? :crazy: )
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

yes, that has nothing to do with the server, those are client issues so check your cfg/installment.