Two questions

UnFreeZe/FreeFUn/glacius Game Servers forum.
Zealot
User lv3
User lv3

Two questions

Post by Zealot »

1) Is it possible to get a Health/Armor display above people's heads for the UnFreeZe mod? This is available in OSP and helps me identify quickly whether I should defer armor for someone else to pickup if I'm near it. Trying to figure it out using the team overlay takes too long as I have to first identify who I'm looking at and then find their name in the table. By then, they've usually taken the armor regardless of who needs it more :roll:

2) Is there a way to turn on the rail and lg hum? For some reason it's muted. It's key in identifying players standing around corners.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: Two questions

Post by adminless »

1) actually that's not implemented but it can be a good idea for some version on the future.

2) mmm you're very sharp hehe yes that was removed from the mod as it generally hurted more than what it actually helped (which was actually only on the very specific case you're commenting, i.e. ~1/2% of the time, while the rest of the time, i.e. +97% of the time, is total pain and it makes it harder for you to hear other important sounds), so overall I believe that the benefits here far outweigh the cons (which at the end of the day even so as soon as this guy does something more than just standing there with the lg will make sound). anyways, a bit of the same here, since you're requesting it may be on some future version I could re-add support to enable/disable that at command as it's not that much of a deal, at the moment is not possible.

thanks for feedback
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

ok, done on the new ioq3v6-unfreeze-client-v19.2.zip release. unfortunately I didn't make it to the first one (probably let's leave it for another update), I tried some different solutions but I wasn't entirely satisfied with any of them then I just drop it altogether by now, it's not always (realistically) possible to satisfy every single request, sorry about that. two, as explained it doesn't really make much sense in my opinion, but anyways that's just that, a opinion more like everyone else will have theirs, then on the provided new release you can enable again such sounds with the "/cg_noweaponsounds 0" command (they are disabled by default for the reasons I explained) followed by a "restart" of some sort like a "/snd_restart" for example. sorry for the delay in addressing this issue but for the most part this seemed to be the only "issue" with the previous files and it didn't definitively seem that important as to trigger a new release.
KOTOVSKI
User lv2
User lv2

Post by KOTOVSKI »

"/cg_noweaponsounds 0" command - That's exactly what I was looking for. Thx a lot =>