seta cg_predictitems 0
seta com_maxfps "63"
seta snaps "30"
seta cl_maxpackets "50"
seta cl_packetdup "1"
seta rate "15000"
seta r_videomemoryscale "0"
seta cl_timenudge "-30"

I've played with different values, but I can't get rid of the lags.
The engine shows a normal ping of 60-70-80. But the game lags.
Advise cool settings.
Thank you.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: cl_maxpackets for 3G

Post by adminless »

you can try if you want but from 15+ years of experience I can tell you that generaly by 2005/2010 plus developed/ways on development world standards (i.e. outside pre 2000 dial-up pstn technologies and similar, 3G is for example 4-5 generations beyond that) you're not really going to make any meaningfull differcence by changing any of those settings from the UnFreeZe defaults (i.e. max possible unlimited values) if not probably the contrary (i.e. introducing another layer of lag). typically if the packages don't work "as-is" then unfortunately that usually means that that's the best your connection can do and obviously no amount of settings constrain is going to remove any lag from it. mobile connections typically lag due shared bandwidth over the served clients that saturate the channels on the antena end and there's probably not much to do about it.
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

Post by fernandinho1337 »

The settings dont make sense at all

Predictitems is fair

Maxfps should be 83 or better 125 to jump further

Snaps can be set to 60 or a 100 since it will be limited by sv fps which should be between 20 and 40 (rather 40 today)

Maxpackets can also be set to to a divider of the fps number (idealy 125 fps and maxpackets accordingly) - back in the days when i had 0.125mbit upload i had to scale down on maxpackets to 63 - should be a non topic nowadays

Packetdup can be used to help packetloss (and only then) but could worsen ur ping a bit

Timenudge makes on un-unlagged servers sense but the value is so high that it will make enemies too choppy - -20 is the worst ppl can take. Please do cg smoothcliengs 0 when using nudge otherwise enemy position will become terribly off

Best
9ll Belarus
User lv4
User lv4

Post by 9ll Belarus »

I play without an external video card.
Can I set Maxfps 125?
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

for UnFreeZe I think it's better com_maxfps 100 instead of 125 if 200 is not a option (that's the default on the provided packages) and for the cl_maxpackets 100 or if you want to experiment a little 50. all the rest should be ignored by the server/change nothing/worsen etc cl_packetdup 0 or 1 at most at max packets 50 and cl_timenudge 0 or -5/-10 at most and r_swapinterval 0. something like that overall is probably the best you can do manually. hope that helps.
oKo*CTHULHU
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: cTh

Post by oKo*CTHULHU »

I know it might not help, but have you tried to use a different version of Q3 for the game? personally, I used / cl_timenudge -15 a long time ago, along with updating the unfreeze client to the latest version, this command doesn't seem to introduce anything to the game, it certainly doesn't lower the ping in the game table, so you might not have something enabled that supports this function.
Camaradas Iks De
9ll Belarus
User lv4
User lv4

Post by 9ll Belarus »

There are glimpses of a good connection in the dead of night. But not even the whole game.
1.jpg
There is another annoying problem. It often happens that I turn the mouse, for example, 90 degrees. The image is rotated 90 degrees as well. But a rocket fired after this turn only flies 50 degrees. As if there is a turning motor, which is late.

PS
Yes. And further. How can Orgi have a ping of 1? Considering:
this command doesn't seem to introduce anything
:lol:
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

"There are glimpses of a good connection in the dead of night" that's expected as I explained on mobile connections as opposed to landline ones where the medium is dedicated (i.e. the wire is exclusive to you) the medium instead is shared (i.e. the air-antenna bandwidth) across all the served clients. matter of facts, that's usually why those kind of solutions can be perfectly capable (i.e. comparable to landline twisted pair broadband) for last mile deployment on rural/remote zones where you're gonna have just a few clients (in the ten range) but not so much on urban busy zones where you typically have clients more on the hundred/s range all competing for the same bandwidth. that's because on this game client movement is predicted locally and only corrected later on the server end (i.e. unlagged) while the missiles are all completely server computed and only drawn by the client (i.e. lagged, affected by the latency). cl_timenudge values (either positive or negative) do actually alter the in-game ping displayed. that being said that's mostly just a debug/testing functionally that in no case correlates with a real physical reduction on the time that the digital signal carrying the game information takes to reach your end as that's obviously not affected by any kind of application level setting (i.e. that's only affected by the real physical wire distance, medium quality/frequency/speed and the L2/L3 in-between nodes routing time). orgi real console latency measurement is on the 3-4 msecs range (typically around 3.6 msecs) so a in-game value of say 1-2 msecs is within the engine/game measurement error margins besides as I also noted while the recommended is always keep your timenudge to 0 (since high values totally break ruin your game as miro explained) very small in the -5/-10 range probably could be helpful to some extend. additionally I noticed from your screenshot that you're using a custom installation, as I mentioned, for best proven/tested results here I'd suggest you to try playing this on one of the provided packages (ioq3v6-unfreeze-client-v21.7.zip 32-bit or fpsclasico-client-community-edition.zip 64-bit) "as-is" and see if that does some better for you (and please remember to put your original pak0.pk3 file inside the baseq3 folder after unzip them).
imprecise
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: imprecise

Post by imprecise »

@9ll Belarus

Hi, this has already been said before but I remind you that you can install the package that best suits your computer (ioq3v6-unfreeze-client-v21.7.zip 32-bit or fpsclasico-client-community-edition.zip 64-bit) to the location of your choice on your hard drive such as C:\fpsclasico-client-community-edition and keep your old config C:\Programs Files\Quake3\Unfreeze as it is... This way if you find that the new package installed does not satisfy you after trying it, you just have to delete it and continue with your old config as before...

and of course as Adminless mentioned remember to put your original pak0.pk3 file inside the baseq3 folder of the package after unzip them

good luck for better ping and less lag

see you soon in the arena
"My ability to concentrate is so short that ... Oh a butterfly !"
oKo*CTHULHU
User lv5
User lv5

Post by oKo*CTHULHU »

@911 Belarus try this file, put it in your baseq3 folder. this is a znudge file that has been circulating in our community for some time, it is supposed to slightly improve the connection, it is supposedly intended for the OSP mod. maybe it will help you.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/eoh25yno ... t.pk3/file
Camaradas Iks De
9ll Belarus
User lv4
User lv4

Post by 9ll Belarus »

oKo*CTHULHU wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 15:30 @911 Belarus try this file, put it in your baseq3 folder. this is a znudge file that has been circulating in our community for some time, it is supposed to slightly improve the connection, it is supposedly intended for the OSP mod. maybe it will help you.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/eoh25yno ... t.pk3/file
Ahem ... I hope there is nothing criminal? :lol:
oKo*CTHULHU
User lv5
User lv5

Post by oKo*CTHULHU »

of course, I've been using it myself since the beginning of the month, but remember that it won't magically make it better. it can only improve the connection quality a bit, I didn't really notice much difference myself, but maybe it's just a matter of habit. in addition, it will change the appearance of plasma projectiles, it will not be as dazzling as it was.

EDIT. if you have purchased the version of the game the principle is the same, you paste the file into each baseq3 folder that corresponds to the given version of the game. nothing complicated: D
Camaradas Iks De
9ll Belarus
User lv4
User lv4

Post by 9ll Belarus »

A complete mess :lol: Now I have players of three colors :D
1.jpg
oKo*CTHULHU
User lv5
User lv5

Post by oKo*CTHULHU »

9ll Belarus wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 17:28 A complete mess :lol: Now I have players of three colors :D
1.jpg
lol, I have no idea what you did haha
Camaradas Iks De
i_cezar
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: Blaze

Post by i_cezar »

oKo*CTHULHU wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 16:26 in addition, it will change the appearance of plasma projectiles, it will not be as dazzling as it was.
I'm pretty sure plasma projectiles are dazzling as part of weapon balance, so messing with its not ok imo. Non insta weapons have buffs to compensate for the shot delay in combat value, like rockets and nades have splash dmg and bounce which makes attacker harder to hit. Plasma gun has no splash/bounce but has highest dps and obstructs visibility more. So if you take that it interferes with weapon balance.
I could be wrong, it's just my in game observation.