Computing Support forum.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

2022 forum update

Post by adminless »

hello

ok, just reporting that following the site domain change finally these days I updated all the forum files as well to very latest available everything as it also probably should have been the case some months ago (the previous installment was one plus year old). so far everything seems to be working just fine and hopefully there was really no any significant issues or even any downtime whatsoever with the operation. the only thing to note is that as usual with the update some defaults/schemes changed which broke (or at least could potentially broke) the mail/message notifications so basically just to be safe I rolled out all accounts settings to default then you might probably want to review if everything is fine for you. additionally I scrambled the database as well and get rid/merged various duplicated/triplicated accounts as mentioned on a previous post, you do not need to create a new account if you forgot your password, there's a link on the login page here for such task (recover your account). I guess I'll still probably continue to oversee the forum for a few more days but I think that by now the update should be done. I mean, for other than a few fancy options/additions (like finally Lithuanian language or a full set of new styles) don't expect anything really "new". this is basically just the same installment but up to the latest version instead which at least should guarantee that the site performance/security remains optimal for the time to come. on the future (next weeks after the tournament) I'll probably wipe out all the site PM's as well as there's like a thousand of them that do not really serve any meaningful purpose anymore and the only thing they do is trash the database/site then consider if there's something you want to save up there (probably not, I mean, I believe that of the thousand PM's like nine hundred ninety nine are conversations of past events).

as usual if somebody experiences some issues with the site don't hesitate to drop them here or just directly contact me if you prefer.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 2022 forum update

Post by adminless »

ok, finally yesterday (or so I think) I wiped all the PM's as announced once they didn't really serve any purpose anymore (I mean, there was some unread ones even from as far as 2017) and hopefully today I completed scrambling and checking all the database/files so I believe that with this when it comes to the forum everything should be done and as with this server this should guarantee the functionality at least for another year more. as part of the maintenance I merged most duplicated/triplicated (i.e. repeated) accounts and got rid of some old ones. in that sense once again I remind the people around that if for some reason you can't login on the site, you do not need to create another account, there's a link on the login page here to reset your password so you can recover your account. for anything else if you experience any problem with the site or you have any other question don't hesitate to write it here or if you prefer reach me about it on the contact form of the form here.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

btw as I've reviewed/monitored the forum update/revision during these days I think everything went smooth and it worked just as it should. in that regard the only problem I noticed is that it seems that some of you that used the recover password later had some trouble logging in. please notice that the database maintenance resulted on some minor username changes under some instances (ex. account merging, old/broken usernames etc) so note that when you later login with the updated password you set on the recovery email. you have your current valid forum username you need to enter on the login form right on the recovery email greeting so when in doubt/failure just copy it from there.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

just reporting here that finally yesterday I rolled out a whole forum update up to latest available everything to ensure that the forum keeps operating in optimal standing (i.e. bugs, security, performance, features etc) as of 2023 and onward. as far as I tested so far I think there was no issues whatsoever (not even the user sessions got lost and zero down time) and I believe everything is just functional as usual. again as usual with forum updates for some reason the user notifications here get lost/broken so I reset them after the update to default values here which are just all enabled by default therefore not recommended as that's the whole purpose of the forum to stay in touch but if you want anyways make sure to review those as well as any other issue/problem you may encounter anyways and let me know about it. additionally on this update some old installed forum styles were not yet available for latest version so I just (hopefully temporally) removed them and hopefully I'll go uploading more as usual later on as they become available. anyways there's currently up to 35 different quality forum styles installed which I believe it should suffice to get started with this new version so those interested make sure to review that as well on your user control panel. finally this time I did not clear the private messages (yet) as usual on updates and/or "from time to time" due the ongoing UnFreeZe Fall 22 regular season but I guess that probably by Christmas or so (i.e. after it) I will so make sure to save any conversation/data of interest for you from there (the hundred reminders and other notifications/arguments are not which is why I just clear that).