[solved] player list BUG on Server ?

UnFreeZe/FreeFUn/glacius Game Servers forum.
PeterPiper
User lv2
User lv2

[solved] player list BUG on Server ?

Post by PeterPiper »

I have a question... since I fixed my *cfg so that I am no longer considered impure... the following error occurs. I appear 2-3 times in the player list. It is not only with me so what I have seen. Is it my config or is it a server problem?

Greetings
Attachments
shot0001.jpg
Last edited by PeterPiper on Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:12, edited 1 time in total.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Re: player list BUG on Server ?

Post by adminless »

is the installation you're using that doesn't really have support for more than 16 players. try using one of the official provided packages instead, ioq3v6-unfreeze-client-v21.7.zip 32 bits and/or fpsclasico-client-community-edition.zip 64 bits, that are known to fully work here. of course, don't forget to put your pak0.pk3 from your original installation there after extraction. hope that helps.
PeterPiper
User lv2
User lv2

Post by PeterPiper »

Do you know your way around Linux? So just replace the file in usr/share/ioquake here ?
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

it should be no big deal, for easy installation try the 64 bits package, download fpsclasico-client-community-edition.zip, unzip wherever you want (ex. ~/fpsclasico-client-community-edition), put your pak0.pk3 file inside the baseq3 folder and simply run it from there (i.e. open a terminal, cd ~/fpsclasico-client-community-edition, sh ioquake3.x86_64.sh). that should pretty much work out of the box and you can keep both installations.
PeterPiper
User lv2
User lv2

Re: [solved] player list BUG on Server ?

Post by PeterPiper »

replace the file /usr/lib/ioquake3/baseq3/qagamex86_64.so works for this problem.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

I don't think so, matter of fact, that file has nothing to do with the scoreboard, if anything the provided unfreeze-2005.pk3 does. probably you just thought that file had fixed it because late in the night server is unlikely to hit high loads that trigger the unsupported behavior of your installment. in any case, the only well known and supported installation here is the one provided by the packages as-is. any other kind of installation, like adding/removing files from/to is considered custom and therefor you're on your own there, I don't do support for such installations. hope that helps.
PeterPiper
User lv2
User lv2

Post by PeterPiper »

hmm ... ok... of course that could also be the case. I'll test it again this evening. And of course, thank you for your efforts!