I want to make movies - I don't know how ( simple start )

User's Guides & Help forum.
oKo*CTHULHU
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: cTh

I want to make movies - I don't know how ( simple start )

Post by oKo*CTHULHU »

Hello, I present to you how my videos were created on the youtube channel. I will describe here all the things I do, what programs I use and in what order it is best to start my work. the guide is aimed at both people who have had contact with it and people who want to start having fun.
I use to create the movie ( FL Studio - Adobe Premiere Pro 2022 - Adobe After Effects 2022 - OBS Studio ) If you want to achieve a similar effect to my movie, I recommend reading it.
I wrote the tutorial myself in Polish, copied it to the translator and pasted the finished text in English, there may also be a few translation errors, but they will not be big enough for someone to not understand something. the writing style is simple.
if you are fluent in English, at the start you already have an easier operation of the programs because they are in English.

at the beginning, the counterparts of the software used

- probably to process a ready mp3 wav flac file etc. we only need a demo version of FL Studio and other programs of this type, but I recommend downloading the full version.
- programs similar to FL Studio (Ableton Live - Bitwig - Reason - Logic X Pro) for total begginers best program is AudaCity
- programs similar to Adobe Premiere Pro - (ApowerEdit - Sony Vegas Pro - Lightworks - Corel VideoStudio)
- programs similar to OBS Studio - (Nvidia Share - Fraps)

and what I did in the game before rendering the demo to mp4 format

graphics -> texture detail -> tallest

next step

game options -> simple items -> off
-> identify target -> off
-> marks on walls -> off
-> draw team overlay -> off

used commands

/con_notifytime 0 - disable chat on the top left side of the screen
/ cg_drawattacker 0 - no information about who attacked us last
/ cg_drawstatus 0 - health, armor, ammo bar disappears
/ cg_nochatbeep 1 - disable the squeaky time sound
/ cg_drawCrosshair 0 - disable showing crosshair
/ cg_drawtimer 0 - disable game timer

or if someone wants to turn off all the previous things, but then the notification in the middle of the screen that we've killed someone disappears.

I just wanted to point out, if any command does not work on your version of the game, you have easier work because the commands are described in detail, you copy the properties of the command or its content and then look for an equivalent to your version of the game.

/ cg_draw2d 0 - disable all HUD, chat, achievements, only weapons remain

as I mark in-game fragments that I use later for the movie.

that command have more information about your game

/ cl_autorecorddemo 1 ( 20220626232125-45.89.125.45.29965-q3dm11.dm_68 )

2022 - year - 06 - month - 26 - day - hour 23 - min - 21 - sec - 25 - ip server -45.89.125.45.29965 - map - q3dm11 - format - .dm_68

/recorddemo ( demo001.dm_68 ) - here only demo name and number and format.

/ bind p "/ stoprecord"
/ bind p "/ stoprecord"

it is best to use the command that activates the recording of the demo every time we play.
/ cl_autorecorddemo 1 - this command also gives us comfort in searching for specific recordings from specific days.

and a bind to hold the demo in a specific place. the first command causes that each time / stoprecord is entered in the console, recording stops at the moment of entering the command and causes immediate recording of a new demo. thanks to this we will know that our action is at the end of the previous demo.

it is important to plan all your moves. I recently started to sort my demos with maps and weeks of a given month and with plays what i most wanted for my production.

HERE WE GO.

Step 1 - The musical composition of our film.

I warn you right at the start. The more music you listen to and know, the harder it will be to choose a song that goes with your movie.
ideally it should be something fast, between 140bpm and 180bpm. I always think about it for a long time.
Once you have selected a song and it is one song, you can move on to the next step. However, if you plan to create a mix of several tracks, I recommend ( for total begginer AudaCity ) or for people with some knowledge, FL Studio software for this purpose. Is not
it's a simple DAW but gives us a lot of room for maneuver, it's versatile and I've been using it for years to produce my own music and mixes. in short, such programs consist in dragging a song, preferably in .mp3 format, to the program, then placing it on the timeline and processing, i.e. trimming, cutting out unwanted fragments, setting the appropriate volume of the song.
It takes a little bit of interest to manipulate the level of the volume control, but it's really simple.
at the end of the work, we save the project and export it preferably to the same format as our music.

Step 2 - Converting the demo to .mp4 format and looking for interesting moments.

mp4 is probably the best format, it usually takes a moderate amount of space to clip length. the more actions in the demo itself, the more memory our mp4 file will have in the end.
before, I used dem rendering which can be set with commands and bindami in the game, but it took too much time and each production would always be a monotonous work. that is, it still remains so, but to a much lesser extent. I currently use OBS Studio software, it is free on Steam and since almost everyone uses it, you just need to enter the software title in the steam store and then download it. configuration is quite simple.

now we can start recording all our demo files to mp4 format.
once we have enough material, take my word for it, it will be quite a lot depending on your goal. the bigger it is, the more GB of material will be generated. You will also see that what at first glance seems like a great shot, after recording to .mp4 format will disappoint you sometimes.
watching before the end result is tedious and daunting. don't worry, video editing is a little bit terrible too and monotonous :).

Step 3 - video creation, video processing.

Attention!

remember to constantly save your progress, if you don't have something like this turned on automatically in your programs.

we move on to editing our video. we import our material to the software we want to use. in my case it is Adobe Premiere Pro suitable for both amateur and professional production. that is, first weimport the material, that is everything we have collected so far. music, mp4 clips, pictures, some video from the Internet that can be used, for example, to create an intro or a short introduction / ending.
if you do not make money from the channel, go ahead and take whatever you like from the Internet. do you want an excerpt from a hollywood production? no one will forbid you to do this. it is only impossible to make money on films in which materials created by someone else were used, this applies to video, often also music.

now video processing, i.e. trimming, speeding up, slowing down, applying transitions and effects, getting rid of unnecessary fragments of the material. The whole process, as I mentioned, requires willingness, determination and, above all, some free time. some people learn it faster, some learn quickly and some don't. depending on what we want to achieve and how long our product will be, it will cost us more time and commitment.
I will not describe this process to you, I have outlined what it is all about. I myself had to spend a lot of time discovering the program's function, watching the guides on youtube. I also recommend doing this if we don't know each other and we want to get to know each other. lot of tutorials are be easy than you thinking.

Step 4 - the last simple - that is, exporting your production to video format.

after processing, we export our entire production to one video file. when exporting the project, we choose the largest possible amount of bitrate available, usually in the form of a left-right slider. it is responsible for the quality and amount of details that will be included in the movie. the higher the bitrate, the more memory the file will take up. resolution should probably depend on the possessed by us. for me it is 1080x1920. at the end, we click start to render the movie and we have. if we didn't screw up something in the settings, which is rather unlikely, we received our product and thus completed the project.

here are the effects of the work.

viewtopic.php?p=9618#p9618 - my topic with fragmovie from forum

the production time of the film is approximately 80 hours. ( 64h OBS, 16h Adobe Premiere Pro & Adobe After Effects ).
it took the longest time to create mp4 clips as I have an overwhelming amount of demos. (more than half the time). try to make simple things at first. over time you will gain practice, knowledge and skills.
I guess that's all. Hopefully some things will be of use to someone who is sitting on the topic or would like to start their "fun" of recording and making Q3 videos.
remember that in these kinds of things we are only limited by two things, time and determination.

https://www.youtube.co m/watch?v=DTk99mHDX_I - configuration OBS Studio

thanks and see you in the game
Camaradas Iks De
Lisa_Ann
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: LisaTheAnn

Re: I want to make movies - I don't know how ( simple start )

Post by Lisa_Ann »

Offtopic:

I can't stop laughing, I just noticed "fakju *pizdukas voice" :>
Lisa_Ann
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Lisa_Ann »

Thanks for the description, there are a few things worth stealing from it.

What do you do with FL studio? A long time ago, I tried to put music together with more, but rather less success. :D

Music: I use audacity and traktor dj studio for music editing. The big advantage of traktor dj studio is that it can speed up music (bpm) without raising the pitch of the sound.

Video: : i use an older sony vegas ( version 12.0 ). The mainconcept AAC/AVC *.mp4 format is recommended for YouTube. I use a constant bit rate (135,000,000 bps) with a resolution of 2560 x 1080.( 120-125 FOV power! XD ) The frame rate is 60 fps.

Record video:: Nvidia Geforce experience. I don't know the difference between nvidia share?

bind key: I use a lot, the most common is cg_thirperson:-)
oKo*CTHULHU
User lv5
User lv5

Post by oKo*CTHULHU »

Lisa_Ann wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 19:11 Thanks for the description, there are a few things worth stealing from it.

What do you do with FL studio? A long time ago, I tried to put music together with more, but rather less success. :D

Music: I use audacity and traktor dj studio for music editing. The big advantage of traktor dj studio is that it can speed up music (bpm) without raising the pitch of the sound.

Video: : i use an older sony vegas ( version 12.0 ). The mainconcept AAC/AVC *.mp4 format is recommended for YouTube. I use a constant bit rate (135,000,000 bps) with a resolution of 2560 x 1080.( 120-125 FOV power! XD ) The frame rate is 60 fps.

Record video:: Nvidia Geforce experience. I don't know the difference between nvidia share?

bind key: I use a lot, the most common is cg_thirperson:-)
honestly, if I had more free time at the moment maybe I would be interested in WolfcamQL, configuration, camera setup and third person manipulation for better results in the recording. Unfortunately I do not have. WolfcamQL in my opinion does spoil the look of the game a bit when it comes to this server, it looks like QL but it's still an earlier part of the game. this is one of the main reasons why I did not use / use it because it looks different. in FL Studio it is possible to increase / decrease the BPM without having to manipulate the pitch. In FL Studio you can create / remake / change almost everything related to music, as long as you know how to do it. I haven't used Nvidia Geforce and I don't think I'm going to. I don't need to get acquainted with the next software while playing I haven't fully mastered the previous one. I fully mean what I wanted to be able to do in it, too short of time. unfortunately. I don't know much about resolution and other video settings either, for me the only thing that mattered was to minimize the number of visible pixels on the final video. I don't use bindu from demo to .mp4 format at all, I enter all commands manually and when I'm finished I just enter the default values. I would do the second part of the FL Studio and Adobe PP tutorial, but I do not know if it is possible to add screenshots in such a way that the process is described first and then a screenshot. of course it wouldn't end with one. we will see in the future so far I have no time for this.
Camaradas Iks De
Lisa_Ann
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Lisa_Ann »

Yes, time is what sets a lot of limits for me as well. And the hardware. _:)
oKo*CTHULHU
User lv5
User lv5

Post by oKo*CTHULHU »

for these programs, only RAM has priority. the rest may be average, but not very average heh
Camaradas Iks De
Lisa_Ann
User lv4
User lv4

Post by Lisa_Ann »

oKo*CTHULHU wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 21:45 for these programs, only RAM has priority. the rest may be average, but not very average heh
Yes, but if you van use costume shaders ( ffxa, Ssr etc.) need a fast gpu.