Enriching the map pool

UnFreeZe/FreeFUn/glacius Game Servers forum.

do you like the new rotation/map changes?

Poll ended at Sat Jul 23, 2022 9:30

yes, I think that they add to the game, keep it up.
94%
no, I think they ruin the game, please revert them asap.
6%

Total votes: 16

Semisek48
User lv4
User lv4

Re: Enriching the map pool

Post by Semisek48 »

I think that the penulum bug that Cth was talking about is this. It killed me while i was on different room. Happend yesterday i think, also Unnameboss was talking about it few minutes after it happend to me.

oKo*CTHULHU
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: cTh

Post by oKo*CTHULHU »

yes, but today it seems to be fixed? a player named "foxy" mentioned something about instant respawn without being automatically transferred to the opposing team (no autobalance). I think he meant that topic but im not pretty sure
Camaradas Iks De
Mankubus
Unleveled User
in-game nick: Mankubus , A4TECh

Post by Mankubus »

I'm used to the old cards, they are big and perfect for team play. I don't know about the others, but I'll stay playing on the old ones if they are left of course, if not, I won't play. Yesterday I didn’t like playing on the new one and many people left this card and played on the old one, although whoever likes it.
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

@cthulhu yes as said the randomization/ratios and so are different now which obviously will result on a "different" rotation which is basically what people had asked. yes overall I believe that it has worked good, probably all that is missing is to fix those random map repetitions from time to time and that fancy q3dm15 bug. for other than a few minor adjustments, the rest seems to be just fine. I know, dm10/16 (as well as any other small/mid size maps on the rotation, ex. q3dm1) outside of the morning/nights (and even so probably only during the week) will have very few chances to load (if anything at all) since it's pretty much full but that's how it's supposed to be. as for dm14 I think it's fine the way it's, sometimes it will load more than others since it's random but overall keep in mind that the map is hated as it's also liked by many others so it's fair enough specially considering you (all) were requesting for more maps. in that context now "removing" (making it more repetitive) some maps would be a bad thing.

@semi yes that's definitively a bug, hopefully, I'll look into that later today. thanks for the input.

@makunbus well unfortunately as you can see from the thread and the poll here so far that's clearly only a marginal stance. I think so far the vast majority of the people have welcomed these changes on top of request them. anyways, thanks for the input, and in the mean time you can probably stick to the second server that so far still sticks to the old classic rotation (though probably on the future I can also sync it with the main if the changes finally consolidate and become permanent).
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: PacMan.EZ

Post by PacMan »

Good job adding the maps , realistically people spec when not wanting to play a particular map anyway , what might be handy is you get booted lol if you spec for more than a specific time when server is full , as no one can enter

Other than that thanks
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

that's already implemented from long ago, server auto kicks you after fifteen minutes of spec with server full.
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5

Post by PacMan »

adminless wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 21:28 that's already implemented from long ago, server auto kicks you after fifteen minutes of spec with server full.
Cool I didn't realise , I assume it's when server is full right? As when mostly empty it doesn't do that
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

yes, that's only when the server is full, otherwise the spec is unlimited.
me
User lv3
User lv3

Post by me »

About Q3DM15, just got squished in the above pendulms room, wich is, the dual jumpers wich make an connected arch when you jump with a bridge above, small room.
Just another input about the reported bug. Its fun anyway and i dont care.
/quit then.
Meanwhile, in the farthest corner of the map...
PacMan
User lv5
User lv5

Post by PacMan »

me wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 1:21 About Q3DM15, just got squished in the above pendulms room, wich is, the dual jumpers wich make an connected arch when you jump with a bridge above, small room.
Lol I got squished aswell thought it was fun addition
oKo*CTHULHU
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: cTh

Post by oKo*CTHULHU »

me wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 1:21 About Q3DM15, just got squished in the above pendulms room, wich is, the dual jumpers wich make an connected arch when you jump with a bridge above, small room.
it is happening in the mega-life room and its vestibule. I avoid this place, I also try to write about it to people
Camaradas Iks De
WhoAmI
User lv4
User lv4

Post by WhoAmI »

I also try to avoid this place. I just take the mega and leave. I do not go downstairs. It happens most often there. It would be nice if MH was between the "crosses" or somewhere else.
imprecise
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: imprecise

Post by imprecise »

Hi all

what would you think of adding the 1++ map for 8 to 10 players
1++.jpg
and replace the q3dm16 map with the 16++ map which would be more suitable for different types of players
16++.jpg
"My ability to concentrate is so short that ... Oh a butterfly !"
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

I know guys unfortunately I got dragged on other admin tasks here (systems) and I couldn't deal with the dm15 bug yet. hopefully I'll do later today. thank you for your input and your patience.

@imprecisse those maps could be a option for a second tier glacius (i.e. baltic) only that they are remixes and that there's more than enough (custom) maps already on the store among glacius&baltic. overall, I don't see those fitting here let alone for the main servers were custom maps are not aoption for good reasons (I mean, just look at glacius empty 24/7 when even the ffa that only run two second tier maps even replaced the third UnFreeZe server).
imprecise
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: imprecise

Post by imprecise »

@Adminless

it would be nice to also have new maps in the rotation of FreeFun maps and if possible not necessarily the same as on UnFreeZe 1
"My ability to concentrate is so short that ... Oh a butterfly !"