Enriching the map pool

UnFreeZe/FreeFUn/glacius Game Servers forum.

do you like the new rotation/map changes?

Poll ended at Sat Jul 23, 2022 9:30

yes, I think that they add to the game, keep it up.
94%
no, I think they ruin the game, please revert them asap.
6%

Total votes: 16

...jutuli...
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: ...jutuli...

Re: Enriching the map pool

Post by ...jutuli... »

I liked dm12, games were long, but fun.
Also q3dm20 and 21 would be nice.
imprecise
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: imprecise

Post by imprecise »

q3dm12 is too big and labyrinthine, the duration of the games over there ended up boring everyone...

q3dm15 remains a good option according to the comments of the participants in the discussion...

pity that q3tourney5 is not validated because of its fog because it is a nice map played...

I also really like Blood Run ztn3tourney1 and ztn3tourney2 which would surely be appreciated by many players...

Japanese Castles by g1zm0 is also a good map...

and just for this summer, to be a change of scenery, for those who are not going on vacation, I propose "Bones and Pieces of Eight by Blurr" ;) 8-)
Attachments
qislandlg.jpg
"My ability to concentrate is so short that ... Oh a butterfly !"
fernandinho1337
User lv5
User lv5

Post by fernandinho1337 »

cant we play capture the flag once in a while for a change? we play the same mod, the maps for years now...it feels like osp duel
kf
Unleveled User

Post by kf »

i would be satisfied by playing clan arena (rocket arena) or ctf too =)
Prepare for fake .WTF!
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

ok, rotation adjusted now, let me know how you see that then. to be safe, I turned glacius to permanent 24/7 mode so far as contingency in case somebody just register here to request overkill (i.e. one number answer 27963) and I left UnFreeZe2 unchanged as fail-safe until the changes don't "consolidate".
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

additionally added two weeks (initially) poll now to the thread so you can vote about how you see the changes.
imprecise
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: imprecise

Post by imprecise »

@Adminless thank you very much for the changes and the possibility to vote for or against these changes... :clap: :thumbup:

Could you specify what are these changes (maps, rotation, etc...) and on which servers fps.classico

thank you in advance ;)
"My ability to concentrate is so short that ... Oh a butterfly !"
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

I just added q3dm1, q3dm10, q3dm16 and q3dm15 to the UnFreeZe1 rotation as discussed/requested here (depending on the server load obviously, that's it q3dm1 isn't gonna load with any significant amount of people nor q3dm15 is gonna run on a empty server for example). UnFreeZe2 remained unchanged to be safe and UnFreeZe3 was set in glacius mode 24/7 as contingency to immediately answer with one single number (27963) any potential recurrent waves of custom maps requests that may arise from this. additionally the rotation loads/ratios of the main server rotation changed obviously to accommodate the new maps so overall it may vary as well. anyways, as said, initially I think that unless a major issue this should run at least for a couple of weeks and then be evaluated again by then depending on the feedback/voting and so.
oKo*CTHULHU
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: cTh

Post by oKo*CTHULHU »

now on server we are playing q3dm15 and next map is again q3dm15, somethink is broken in rotation
Camaradas Iks De
oKo*CTHULHU
User lv5
User lv5

Post by oKo*CTHULHU »

Maps turn on one by one the same!
Camaradas Iks De
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

yes as said the randomization is probably not as good (polished) as before. thanks for the input.
oKo*CTHULHU
User lv5
User lv5

Post by oKo*CTHULHU »

I have to add about the bug on q3dm15, namely above the pendulum room, and you can get killed by the ceiling anyway. Besides, I have not seen q3dm10 and q3dm16 maps even once today. probably need to consider q3dm15
Camaradas Iks De
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

I don't really know what you mean but the pendulum killing you on dm15 isn't really a "bug" is the way that map is supposed to be I guess. as said, the maps load depending on number of people, q3dm10/16 are both medium size maps hence they will only load at the 14/16 players max range (similar to dm13 btw, thing is that obviously if 10 people connect just 283 frames after it showed then sure in a few rounds it will get on twenties but under no circumstance because the server load it for that amount of people, let's make that very clear again just in case). so q3dm10 loaded once this morning for example and I'd expect them both (dm10/16) to load more times at the night. at "prime time" with the server doing if not 22, 21 almost all the time is obvious outside of the top maps your chances of playing those maps are minimal as it couldn't be otherwise. for the rest as far as I saw there was only two instances of repeated maps so far q3dm15 and dm6 once each, that's normal at this stage of the modification as said. for the rest I'm not aware of any other issues, I thing the changes worked as expected. btw just as a reminder as usual remember that you can change your vote at the poll at any time if somebody change their mind later on as long as the poll is still open obviously.
oKo*CTHULHU
User lv5
User lv5

Post by oKo*CTHULHU »

ok thanks for the quick reply! so I meant death from those pendulums in the basement without having to be in this room, but it seems easy to avoid.
Camaradas Iks De
oKo*CTHULHU
User lv5
User lv5

Post by oKo*CTHULHU »

q3dm15 map works fine, people don't come out while playing. it is not played often on the server which was the intended purpose. q3dm8 also seems to be randomized by the server more often which is also a plus. even probably the people's favorite pro-q3dm6 is a bit more common and probably everyone is happy about it! . but probably q3dm14 occurs far too often in a half full server. the chance to play the map spacius, with 10 - 12 people on the server and the possibility of drawing a map for a smaller number of people (3/4 server maps) is very low. could the priority of the draw in the case of the q3dm14 map be reduced so that it could be played with more people than in the case of q3dm7 and pro-q3dm6?
Camaradas Iks De