player 'map' team shoot abuse

Other Reports Discussion forum.
_Nisa_
User lv3
User lv3
in-game nick: ^Princess

player 'map' team shoot abuse

Post by _Nisa_ »

Player map playing unfreeze only shoot teammates. His accuracy is 5% and he only attacks teammates, round after round. No matter which team he is in, he continues the abuse non-stop.
_Nisa_
User lv3
User lv3
in-game nick: ^Princess

Re: player 'map' team shoot abuse

Post by _Nisa_ »

He still does it 15 minutes later, now with snarky comments. :-/
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

ok, I was investigating, coming from a guy named 'map' that was expected so I guess I'll start by ban him for today then and if the team shooting becomes a generalized issue again, I'll just disable the team knockback again as it's on the second server. thanks for report.
WhoAmI
User lv4
User lv4

Post by WhoAmI »

The lack of knockback is in some ways not good either. For example, I often shoot from service passage. When I want to go back, I can't because they blocked me. It was the same in many passages. At dm7 by the lava. Some also stand on the RA and do not move. When I needed RA, I was standing still. With the knockback option turned on, they obviously push me away. In the door on the dm11 (mega), it is also impossible to get inside. But there are pluses because they don't steal melts and they don't push me into wrong space :)
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

I know it's not perfect solution either but looks like the lesser of two evils. I mean, I think there's no point in banning pretty much "everybody". for that I'll just ban the people of the forum/significance from the pubs and will leave the pubs exclusively for the randoms and the private one for the community as the result would basically be that. I understand nobody wants that so people need to be realistic about the team shooting situation, there's no other way around. so far it seems it has "only" been a major incident a week or so (cause the lesser ones are probably countless) but if it goes way beyond that (i.e. daily/various times per week) then banning stop making any sense.
oKo*CTHULHU
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: cTh

Post by oKo*CTHULHU »

I did not notice it and we sometimes see each other on the server. too many frustrates
Camaradas Iks De
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by adminless »

I checked logs and from what I saw it seems like he did make a scene. happens often that people that play regurlarly one day get "bored" or whatever and they just turn to mess up the game for "fun" in this case by team shooting which is why probablly in the long run is better to turn it off since it's no just (only) some randoms that join out of nowhere or some isolated incident here and there that mess up the game, it's pretty much a widespread recurrent thing and the own regulars of the server doing it.
redrum
User lv4
User lv4

Post by redrum »

adminless wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:57 'll just disable the team knockback again as it's on the second server. thanks for report.
More people hanging on "push server". Even people who complaining in chat about team pushing playing there.