seeking help from players

Quick Unregistered Guest forum.
Fartick
User lv2
User lv2

seeking help from players

Post by Fartick »

hello,

i am new to this community, and i find difficulties when trying to play effectively due to my poor technique, can someone send me links of blogs which contains useful tips for newbies ? or write them down here ? also i have tried to get rocket jump script but i did not manage to make it work in game, in addition that my game cannnot exceed 75 fps even after editing that config.file, how to make it possible to play with more than 75 fps in other ways ?

admin, if this is a wrong section please move it, thank you in advance .
Lisa_Ann
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: LisaTheAnn

Re: seeking help from players

Post by Lisa_Ann »

Hi!

I use ioquake engine. My config file is here \Q3\unfreeze\ioq3config.cfg this is only a multiplayer ( unfreeze ) config file, single player config is in another directory.

If you wan use rocket jump, must bind a for example : bind r "vstr rjump"

and the RJ script:

seta rjump "centerview; cl_pitchspeed 99990000; +lookdown; +moveup; +attack; wait 2; -lookdown; -moveup; -attack; cl_pitchspeed 200; centerview"

there are several types i use it.

FPS: use this : seta com_maxfps "200"

200 fps is default in unf. server.
...jutuli...
User lv4
User lv4
in-game nick: ...jutuli...

Post by ...jutuli... »

Many advices you have just here...

viewforum.php?f=26
Fartick
User lv2
User lv2

Post by Fartick »

Lisa_Ann wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 18:31 Hi!

I use ioquake engine. My config file is here \Q3\unfreeze\ioq3config.cfg this is only a multiplayer ( unfreeze ) config file, single player config is in another directory.

If you wan use rocket jump, must bind a for example : bind r "vstr rjump"

and the RJ script:

seta rjump "centerview; cl_pitchspeed 99990000; +lookdown; +moveup; +attack; wait 2; -lookdown; -moveup; -attack; cl_pitchspeed 200; centerview"

there are several types i use it.

FPS: use this : seta com_maxfps "200"

200 fps is default in unf. server.
not clear sir, i want a step by step explanation because i am newbie as i had stated before, and for fps thing it did not work, it still 75 fps (i am sure that my machine can get +180 fps)
adminless
Site Admin
Site Admin
in-game nick: not available

Post by adminless »

I believe probably the easiest and best way to get the game adequately going here is just by using one of the provided packages either ioq3v6-unfreeze-client-v21.7.zip or fpsclasico-client-community-edition.zip for 32-bit and 64-bit respectively. they pretty much come preconfigured and with all the community assets preinstalled as well. to get a rocketjump script going on those you just need to type \exec rocketjump on the console. they really need no installation, you just need to unzip anywhere else on your compute and make sure to put you pak0.pk3 inside the baseq3 folder. also they are independent from other installations so no need to install/uninstall/move anything else. hope that helps.
imprecise
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: imprecise

Post by imprecise »

@Fartick

Hi, so that we can help you more easily and more precisely, it would be nice if you could tell us which operating system (and which version) you are using, as well as your hardware configuration (processor, graphics card , etc...) this will allow you to specify which package you should use 32-bit or 64-bit and how to intervene on your config file to respond to your requests...

For the Rocket-Jump you just have to open your q3config.cfg file with notepad, normally the file is in your installation folder C:\Programs Files\Quake3\Unfreeze\...
Then all you have to do is copy and paste the example below into your q3config.cfg file and save the changes, then it should work...

Code: Select all

bind SPACE "vstr rocketjump"

seta rocketjump "centerview; cl_pitchspeed 9999000; +lookdown; +attack; +moveup; wait 2; -lookdown; -attack; -moveup; wait 2; centerview; cl_pitchspeed 140"
I indicated the SPACE key to use the Rocket-Jump but you can put the keyboard key of your choice instead...

Otherwise, so that you do not notice any difference after using the Rocket-Jump, look in your q3config.cfg file for the value indicated for cl_pitchspeed and replace the value of the cl_pitchspeed indicated in the seta rocketjump by that indicated in your q3config.cfg file ( it's better if they are identical)
"My ability to concentrate is so short that ... Oh a butterfly !"
Fartick
User lv2
User lv2

Post by Fartick »

imprecise wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:18 @Fartick

Hi, so that we can help you more easily and more precisely, it would be nice if you could tell us which operating system (and which version) you are using, as well as your hardware configuration (processor, graphics card , etc...) this will allow you to specify which package you should use 32-bit or 64-bit and how to intervene on your config file to respond to your requests...

For the Rocket-Jump you just have to open your q3config.cfg file with notepad, normally the file is in your installation folder C:\Programs Files\Quake3\Unfreeze\...
Then all you have to do is copy and paste the example below into your q3config.cfg file and save the changes, then it should work...

Code: Select all

bind SPACE "vstr rocketjump"

seta rocketjump "centerview; cl_pitchspeed 9999000; +lookdown; +attack; +moveup; wait 2; -lookdown; -attack; -moveup; wait 2; centerview; cl_pitchspeed 140"
I indicated the SPACE key to use the Rocket-Jump but you can put the keyboard key of your choice instead...

Otherwise, so that you do not notice any difference after using the Rocket-Jump, look in your q3config.cfg file for the value indicated for cl_pitchspeed and replace the value of the cl_pitchspeed indicated in the seta rocketjump by that indicated in your q3config.cfg file ( it's better if they are identical)
fine now, i have set it to R instead of space as you said after installing the package , thanks again .
imprecise
User lv5
User lv5
in-game nick: imprecise

Post by imprecise »

Fartick wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:41
fine now, i have set it to R instead of space as you said after installing the package , thanks again .
@Fartick Cool 8-) I'm glad I could help you

tell us your hardware config and your OS if you want more help about the choice of the package to install (ioq3v6-unfreeze-client-v21.7.zip or fpsclasico-client-community-edition.zip for 32-bit and 64-bit) this will surely help you to have a better connection and to have the right setting for your fps...
"My ability to concentrate is so short that ... Oh a butterfly !"